All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aren't most of these the same as last year? I would think they would gain a lot more people as all of their teams went to Summit. Plus all teams either won NCA or Cheersport or both
Not everyone made a team.
And
We had about 150 last year and we had a little over 250 kids tryout this year. (We have a few prep teams that aren't listed here)

Also, anyone that tried out for higher levels that they thought would be upset for getting placed lower or maybe a team they were on last year they didn't make this year were given a phone call. As most all our teams are full that way if they wanted to quit they could have yesterday or today and the next person would be placed. Instead of waiting for the first or second practice to see who quit and then shifting kids. Most of the people should be happy with their placements and very few quitters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
And

We had about 150 last year and we had a little over 250 kids tryout this year. (We have a few prep teams that aren't listed here)

Also, anyone that tried out for higher levels that they thought would be upset for getting placed lower or maybe a team they were on last year they didn't make this year were given a phone call. As most all our teams are full that way if they wanted to quit they could have yesterday or today and the next person would be placed. Instead of waiting for the first or second practice to see who quit and then shifting kids. Most of the people should be happy with their placements and very few quitters!

What does this exactly mean? Did people try out and not get placed on a team?

What does this exactly mean? Did people try out and not get placed on a team?
A small few I would assume but it would be a very low number. They try to place everyone but because of us not being a big crossover gym/ or allow crossovers across levels they can't just place everyone somewhere. If we don't have kids for a team and there is no other age appropriate team for them they would offer them prep if possible.

All of our senior teams have max numbers on them I believe so if you are senior aged and you are one of just a few kids we can't make a team for 3 people to be senior 1 or something like that. I know they would love to and they are excited to add teams to new divisions this year and every year but it just boils down to what is possible for the team and the kids that show up. And I'm sure they offer them alternatives but a lot of people have their heart set on a team that there is only a set number of spots available and when offered a different solution they don't want it.

And

Just want to verify a few things so false info does not spread.

I would say the number is very very small of people who didn't make a team.

This 250 number includes full year team tryouts, prep team tryouts, AND kids trying out for our IOC team. IOC results aren't posted because the kids that tried out for different levels on IOC and they so far don't have enough to make a good 4 or good 5 and we really didn't advertise it till the day before so they just kind of showed up. They decided to complete regular tryouts and then figured they would do this tryout again- some went ahead and did tryouts already but are too old for our current teams. The numbers we have aren't bad for IOC so I think we could be there.

Prep teams haven't been split as of yet that's why you do not see the division and team listed as of yet. All the teams that have been posted and final are our full year teams only.

In addition to them already calling the few people they thought wouldn't be happy with placement to explain why and having a few quitters with those kids and them being left off tryout results, and I would say that 250 number also encompasses kids who started tryouts but dropped out mid way... They were assigned a number once they attended tryouts and if they didn't return or quit because they found out they made another team somewhere else we also wouldn't have placed them which is also a small amount.

So no we didn't turn away 100 kids

This 250 number includes full year team tryouts, prep team tryouts, AND kids trying out for our IOC team. IOC results aren't posted because the kids that tried out for different levels on IOC and they so far don't have enough to make a good 4 or good 5 and we really didn't advertise it till the day before so they just kind of showed up. They decided to complete regular tryouts and then figured they would do this tryout again- some went ahead and did tryouts already but are too old for our current teams. The numbers we have aren't bad for IOC so I think we could be there.

Prep teams haven't been split as of yet that's why you do not see the division and team listed as of yet. All the teams that have been posted and final are our full year teams only.

In addition to them already calling the few people they thought wouldn't be happy with placement to explain why and having a few quitters with those kids and them being left off tryout results, and I would say that 250 number also encompasses kids who started tryouts but dropped out mid way... They were assigned a number once they attended tryouts and if they didn't return or quit because they found out they made another team somewhere else we also wouldn't have placed them which is also a small amount.

Glad I mis read that because that certainly didn't make sense. Sorry for the confusion.

**And we thought Fierce Board brought out the crazies**

And

This doesn't sound like you turned away 100 kids. It sounds like you had a lot more kids try out than you did last year, and that not *every single one of them* made a team. I definitely read it as only a few didn't make teams.

SO...If I am reading this right, everyone made a team, some just chose NOT to be on a team...

Back