All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm wondering the same thing..what kind of VISA could these kids have gotten so quickly?
Student visas are pretty easy to attain, though I'm not saying that they're definitely under one. They could have enrolled as full-time (key to a student visa) students in the community colleges in the vicinity. There could also be other special visas that I'm unaware of; visas that probably can't be granted to people from the region of the world I come from (I think it depends on how strong ties the country you come from has with the USA).

I know the British national, who was on TGLC last season, has decided to stay for a second season... it didn't seem like it took a lot of work for him to extend his stay without needing proof of affiliation with an institution of higher education or a company (sponsor). Wasn't Dylan Grant (I'm just going to assume it's OK for his name to be used after the drama last season) on a similar visa?

Last edited:
I'm wondering the same thing..what kind of VISA could these kids have gotten so quickly?

My guess would be a student visa. There is a gofundme account for one of the male athletes and he talked about obtaining the right paperwork, visa...yada yada.

My guess would be a student visa. There is a gofundme account for one of the male athletes and he talked about obtaining the right paperwork, visa...yada yada.

Someone one here said the norweigan girls on Cali i6 (Sexy Six) was here on an extended tourist visa. So that might have been an option too. However, I feel like being a student is probably easier, you never know if they accept the extension. :)

Student visas are pretty easy to attain, though I'm not saying that they're definitely under one. They could have enrolled as full-time (key to a student visa) students in the community colleges in the vicinity. There could also be other special visas that I'm unaware of; visas that probably can't be granted to people from the region of the world I come from (I think it depends on how strong ties the country you come from has with the USA).

I know the British national, who was on TGLC last season, has decided to stay for a second season... it didn't seem like it took a lot of work for him to extend his stay without needing proof of affiliation with an institution of higher education or a company (sponsor). Wasn't Dylan Smith (I'm just going to assume it's OK for his name to be used after the drama last season) on a similar visa?

Dylan Grant

A student visa also lasts way longer than you actually need it
Again, this may or may not depend on which country you come from. I did a regular 4-year degree and my visa was valid for 5 years... though, you need to be enrolled as a full-time student in an institution for the visa to be valid. So the duration stated in your visa does not exactly dictate how long you're allowed to stay in the U.S.

Again, this may or may not depend on which country you come from. I did a regular 4-year degree and my visa was valid for 5 years... though, you need to be enrolled as a full-time student in an institution for the visa to be valid. So the duration stated in your visa does not exactly dictate how long you're allowed to stay in the U.S.

I will be finishing my degree in two years, and my visa is valid for five.

I will be finishing my degree in two years, and my visa is valid for five.
I suppose 5 years is the standard like how 10 years is for a work visa... but again, visas are only valid if you're a full-time student/employee.

... but yes, coming back to athletes from overseas who have chosen to cheer for a U.S.-based club team, a student visa would probably be the easiest to obtain, I think?

I suppose 5 years is the standard like how 10 years is for a work visa... but again, visas are only valid if you're a full-time student/employee.

... but yes, coming back to athletes from overseas who have chosen to cheer for a U.S.-based club team, a student visa would probably be the easiest to obtain, I think?
I have no idea how they work. It may be the easiest, but it is hella expensive to be a full time student in the US. Unless college was already part of the plan, I can't imagine kids getting that just to cheer here.

I have no idea how they work. It may be the easiest, but it is hella expensive to be a full time student in the US. Unless college was already part of the plan, I can't imagine kids getting that just to cheer here.
There are always scholarships available for college, whether it be sponsorships by the local government/private companies (we have that here at least) of where these kids come from or even scholarships by the institution itself (private ones)... I suppose it's safe to assume that these guys are here for cheer and not college with a side of cheer, so whatever I've said up to this point regarding them going under student visa could be all wrong.

I'm not sure if there's a student exchange visa? Wasn't there a (I want to say) Norwegian girl on CEA Senior Elite a couple of seasons back? She was doing a year-long exchange with some high school in NC which also allowed her to cheer.

What exactly is a Hydra? I've seen like 3 teams with the name this season.
My daughter made hydra 3 at our gym.

We are all snake names and I was so confused as to what it was because all the others are obvious snake names

So I asked and they named it hydra meaning 3 headed snake lol since it is a level 3 team.

I have not seen any other team with hydra in it so that is pretty cool!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back