All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's more or less a workout group similar to BA grey, massive TGLC, etc. So until beach camp they will workout as one group and then they will be split into the normal large senior SE and a medium senior with a currently undecided name based on who coaches think will make the best teams.
Huh. I guess that makes more sense than having 'two Senior Elites'.

But good Lord, that's a huge group to have at trainings. And the idea of waiting weeks/months before telling the kids what team they're actually on seems a bit more cutthroat than CSP's normal style.

It's not what I would do, but then again I'm not a coach.

Just a thought (maybe someone can help me if I don't know the logistics/rules) - but is it possible for Senior Elite to compete at two separate events w/two separate teams as a LAG and earn a bid w/both, then take the team most likely to win to Worlds? Does that make sense to anyone or am I just up too late, lol?

Just a thought (maybe someone can help me if I don't know the logistics/rules) - but is it possible for Senior Elite to compete at two separate events w/two separate teams as a LAG and earn a bid w/both, then take the team most likely to win to Worlds? Does that make sense to anyone or am I just up too late, lol?

They'd run into the trouble with the crossover rule, alternate rule, and attendance rule for bid purposes. Not saying CSP couldn't find a way to do it; if any coach on Earth could get that type of situation to work she'd be in my Top 3 guesses of who could pull it off, but it doesn't seem like something she'd be willing to do out of that location---in-house stacking is a bit different than stacking a secondary location for bid purposes and then bringing her kids back and replacing.

They'd run into the trouble with the crossover rule, alternate rule, and attendance rule for bid purposes. Not saying CSP couldn't find a way to do it; if any coach on Earth could get that type of situation to work she'd be in my Top 3 guesses of who could pull it off, but it doesn't seem like something she'd be willing to do out of that location---in-house stacking is a bit different than stacking a secondary location for bid purposes and then bringing her kids back and replacing.
I meant within the same gym. Say SE team one goes w/36 girls to comp A with "x" amount of "permanent" members, the rest "hopefuls"- earns a bid in LAG. Does same thing at comp B w/same amount of "permanent" members and different hopefuls. Earns a bid. Wouldn't this be beneficial w/regards to possible injuries and/or athletes who quit? So she'd be able to take the more stacked team to Worlds? Then maybe takes rest who are left and competes them in MAG and gets a bid for them as well?

*I don't know how many total girls at this point have actually made either SE division though*

I think it's possible if they compete at different events. But I don't see it as a smart decision. 1.) if they each win a bid then decide which to take to worlds, what happens to the other bid? Of course it'll go to the next in line(I think?) but why "waste" bid if you're not going to use it in the end. 2.) what about those 36 girls that are on the the team not going? They would have to get another bid in medium then they'll have to cut 6 girls.

I'm not sure how it will work out with splitting up the two teams, but it seems more logical to have one medium and one large team. Or else it might be a mess that could be avoided.

I meant within the same gym. Say SE team one goes w/36 girls to comp A with "x" amount of "permanent" members, the rest "hopefuls"- earns a bid in LAG. Does same thing at comp B w/same amount of "permanent" members and different hopefuls. Earns a bid. Wouldn't this be beneficial w/regards to possible injuries and/or athletes who quit? So she'd be able to take the more stacked team to Worlds? Then maybe takes rest who are left and competes them in MAG and gets a bid for them as well?

*I don't know how many total girls at this point have actually made either SE division though*

If having a stacked team for worlds is the end goal, why not just have a stacked team and then the unstacked team all year and have them compete on their own teams and get their own bids? :confused:

If having a stacked team for worlds is the end goal, why not just have a stacked team and then the unstacked team all year and have them compete on their own teams and get their own bids? :confused:
That makes too much sense :p

ETA: But I don't get why you would stack one team, why not just have two equally talented teams. From what I've seen it seems like they're going to stack large SE with the more experienced athletes and one is more to prepare kids for SE, but why not spread the wealth? So one team has a better shot at winning and the other *might* struggle all season (who knows what will actually happen). I feel like this is why this can't be compared to Orange/Peach at all since those teams are both made to be successful in their divisions, not to prepare athletes for the better team.

Last edited:
I want to think that they created the second senior elite because they had an overwhelming amount of talent at tryouts. I mean they do have lady elite still in medium, and now this second SE. What I don't get is why they don't consider lady elite as a stepping stone to eventually be put on SE large. Idk I think it seems more confusing then it probably is cause the two teams have the exact same name.

even more is why didnt they maybe spread the athletes out, between SE and lady elite and then possibly create a small senior out of kernersville location....... i dont know if that would have been possible number wise, but still.

Last edited:
But good Lord, that's a huge group to have at trainings. And the idea of waiting weeks/months before telling the kids what team they're actually on seems a bit more cutthroat than CSP's normal style.

According to their little tryout paper slip thingers they find out who is on which team on June 19...which isn't too long. It's not like SURPRISE IT'S AUGUST YOU'RE ON MEDIUM.

According to their little tryout paper slip thingers they find out who is on which team on June 19...which isn't too long. It's not like SURPRISE IT'S AUGUST YOU'RE ON MEDIUM.
Either the goal is to spread talent across the divisions (hence all the talk, and JTV promotion, about there being 'TWO SE TEAMS IN TWO SE DIVISIONS OMG LOOK AT THEM ALL'). Or the goal is to stack one team (presumably LAG) with the best from these next few weeks of training. Which still seems a bit harsh if I'm being honest – feels like a second tryout.

I'm not a coach, but I personally wouldn't do things this way. Both methods are problematic.

Either the goal is to spread talent across the divisions (hence all the talk, and JTV promotion, about there being 'TWO SE TEAMS IN TWO SE DIVISIONS OMG LOOK AT THEM ALL'). Or the goal is to stack one team (presumably LAG) with the best from these next few weeks of training. Which still seems a bit harsh if I'm being honest – feels like a second tryout.

I'm not a coach, but I personally wouldn't do things this way. Both methods are problematic.
I think CEA promotes themselves more heavily than other gyms so it is more out in the open, but many gyms do some sort of variation of what CEA is doing. CPs' spots were never guaranteed, and we didn't book any travel arrangements that weren't nonrefundable until almost December and my kids basically "tried out" all season long. That's not to say they were threatened with being replaced all season, but the team was going to be set up to have the best opportunity to win. I don't know why a gym wouldn't stack one team with it's best athletes versus "spreading the talent" over 2 teams. If I'm a gym owner I want an "A" team and a "B" team versus 2 somewhat competitive teams.

I think CEA promotes themselves more heavily than other gyms so it is more out in the open, but many gyms do some sort of variation of what CEA is doing. CPs' spots were never guaranteed, and we didn't book any travel arrangements that weren't nonrefundable until almost December and my kids basically "tried out" all season long. That's not to say they were threatened with being replaced all season, but the team was going to be set up to have the best opportunity to win. I don't know why a gym wouldn't stack one team with it's best athletes versus "spreading the talent" over 2 teams. If I'm a gym owner I want an "A" team and a "B" team versus 2 somewhat competitive teams.
I guess I don't see why they would keep the "B" team as a worlds team and not make them restricted or something so they can be competitive, too. I would rather have 2 very competitive teams than 1. If I was on that B team, I would feel like I was not good enough and being set up to fail.

I guess I don't see why they would keep the "B" team as a worlds team and not make them restricted or something so they can be competitive, too. I would rather have 2 very competitive teams than 1. If I was on that B team, I would feel like I was not good enough and being set up to fail.
"B team" doesn't have to mean not qualified!! Who's to say both teams won't be competitive enough in their respective divisions? Many gyms have an "A" and a "B" Worlds team (some have even more) who have both medaled (and even won) Worlds!

"B team" doesn't have to mean not qualified!! Who's to say both teams won't be competitive enough in their respective divisions? Many gyms have an "A" and a "B" Worlds team (some have even more) who have both medaled (and even won) Worlds!
I guess we are seeing it differently because that is my definition of a B team lol. The gyms I have seen with multiple Worlds medaling teams didn't stack one team, the talent was spread out between the teams.

GymTyme announced that they would be having another worlds team for the upcoming season (in addition to Chrome, Golden Girls, Platinum, and Blink), and I'm currently praying to every existing god that Rouge is making a comeback.

I wonder if it's IOSC6 - They could just take Louisville Small Coed like they do with IO6 and IOC6

I guess we are seeing it differently because that is my definition of a B team lol. The gyms I have seen with multiple Worlds medaling teams didn't stack one team, the talent was spread out between the teams.

If you've got enough talent that you need to make two senior elite teams, then the "B" team is still probably going to be better than a lot of teams. Plus it's not like CEA doesn't have a history of using crossovers on secondary worlds teams to get bids and then replacing them for worlds. Lots of teams have their "premier" worlds team and then secondary ones. Brandon has multiple worlds teams, but BSB is obviously their premier one. Shooting Stars is obviously the flagship worlds team at World Cup, but Ody is still a great team.

Back