All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think CEA promotes themselves more heavily than other gyms so it is more out in the open, but many gyms do some sort of variation of what CEA is doing. CPs' spots were never guaranteed, and we didn't book any travel arrangements that weren't nonrefundable until almost December and my kids basically "tried out" all season long. That's not to say they were threatened with being replaced all season, but the team was going to be set up to have the best opportunity to win. I don't know why a gym wouldn't stack one team with it's best athletes versus "spreading the talent" over 2 teams. If I'm a gym owner I want an "A" team and a "B" team versus 2 somewhat competitive teams.

Right.

Every year we see:

Kids start out on one big TGLC and end up on other teams.
Kids start out on say, Smoed and end up on Snipers or Ops (or the other way around.)
Kids start out on Cheetahs and end up on Wildcats/Junglecats/Panthers (or the other way around).

This is pretty much the same concept except I think she saves a bit of the "WTF?" by not even naming kids to a specific team and just calling it one big Senior 5. You'd feel some sort of way, if someone were to start you off on (for example) Panthers, you get into being on Panthers, and a month later, you're a Junglecat. If you keep everyone on one big unnamed Senior 5 and sort it out later, it cuts down on the "BUT I WANTED TO BE ON ______."

Does that make sense?

I guess we are seeing it differently because that is my definition of a B team lol. The gyms I have seen with multiple Worlds medaling teams didn't stack one team, the talent was spread out between the teams.
I get what you are saying, but I think @Ashley gave great examples of what I was trying to explain. Do you consider Lady Jags and TGLC to be equivalent? They both are World Champion teams, but I think there is no denying that TGLC is considered the "top" team in the gym. That is more what I was thinking versus an amazing team and a non-competitive one. Some of these gyms have enough talent to have 2 "A" teams, but Large senior and Large coed are considered the premier divisions so the teams in those division are going to be considered the top team.

I get what you are saying, but I think @Ashley gave great examples of what I was trying to explain. Do you consider Lady Jags and TGLC to be equivalent? They both are World Champion teams, but I think there is no denying that TGLC is considered the "top" team in the gym. That is more what I was thinking versus an amazing team and a non-competitive one. Some of these gyms have enough talent to have 2 "A" teams, but Large senior and Large coed are considered the premier divisions so the teams in those division are going to be considered the top team.
Obviously the teams that have had more success are going to have that perception of being the "top team" (TGLC, Orange, F5, etc) but I wouldn't consider those teams stacked compared to the other Worlds teams in their respective gyms, which is more of what I was getting at. Different definitions/view points I guess, which is fine.

If the gyms are smart, they aren't only stacking one team. You set your teams up to be as successful as possible. I watch WC much more closely than other gyms so I'll use them as my example - if you compare skills across stars, Suns, and ody they're almost even. Percentage wise, there's the same number of standing fulls and specialty doubles, etc. but stars are coached by Joelle, Elaine and tiy and the others are not. Jamie Parrish creates their routines, but not the others. Victor and Kristen only coach TGLC; someone else coaches lady jags. Talent wise I don't think any are "stacked" they just get different opportunities.

If Sarah is still coaching medium, CEA would be doing the same. If CSP is coaching I'm kind of confused solely about the "moving" lady elite and making a second SE. Why not just say medium is getting a new name? Unless the kiddos in the gym associate LE with the "lesser" team and don't want to be on it? It doesn't matter what you name the team, though. That feeling will still be there.

Plot twist- She'll manage to have enough athletes to eventually field 2 LAG teams this season and compete them both at Worlds....Kinda like she did w/the two coed teams at the end of this season.

This is super random but I have seen posts about people being all of the gems at FCA throughout the years. Can anyone answer how this works with their uniforms being different colors. If you do multiple teams in a year, or say your a different gem each year they have the same style uniform do you have to purchase every single uniform or is their a borrow/trading system to offset the costs?
If you do multiple teams, yes, you do have to have multiple uniforms! As far as buying, I believe that Diamonds are having an option of renting a uniform this year possibly? The gym allows you to sell it through them as well. For example, I'd give them my old uniform and when uniform sizing comes around, girls (or guys) are able to try on the used uniforms and but it off of the previous owner for a cheaper cost!

It's so interesting to me that they chose Orange as a team name before Peach considering they're in GA.
From my understanding, the name Orange comes from (which I think is REALLY clever) the peak season of actual oranges. Oranges peak season is November through May (as I've read somewhere.) How cool is that! As far as it being the actual reason, I don't know.

Saw on Twitter Junior mafia is back :)
JUNIOR MAFIA WAS MY LIFE IN 2013!!! can't wait to see them

Last edited by a moderator:
even ones that were the #totalpackage
Since this was brought up, I'd like to clear it up. I have NOTHING against the family that left, nor does the coaches. The stunt wasn't hitting so they had a different flyer come in and it supposedly hit. All of the flyers last year that were on the team were bigger than her. No one ever ridiculed her for her weight :) She is now happy with a different gym. As far as older members getting displaced, that wasn't a problem as far as I know!

I think CEA promotes themselves more heavily than other gyms so it is more out in the open, but many gyms do some sort of variation of what CEA is doing. CPs' spots were never guaranteed, and we didn't book any travel arrangements that weren't nonrefundable until almost December and my kids basically "tried out" all season long. That's not to say they were threatened with being replaced all season, but the team was going to be set up to have the best opportunity to win. I don't know why a gym wouldn't stack one team with it's best athletes versus "spreading the talent" over 2 teams. If I'm a gym owner I want an "A" team and a "B" team versus 2 somewhat competitive teams.
I know it's done, I'm just personally not a fan. When I was younger, your team after tryouts was your team, unless for whatever reason a replacement had to be made. We never got complacent or anything, but we just never had to 'tryout' all season long.

And I do assume they'll stack one team. But the promotion (and gossip) indicated otherwise, that they would have two SEs in two divisions.

It seems like the most expensive skill for most kids is the BHS followed closely by fulls.

If a kid is going to get stuck or blocked on something and need tons of privates, it's usually going to be one of those, but moreso the BHS.
It took me roughly two seasons to get my BHS but only one practice to get my full!

was this stingrays first worlds win by a team other than orange?

Last edited by a moderator:
The medium senior division is a tricky one, it always seems that regardless of the talent if you have a med sr and a large sr in one gym the large senior will always be seen as the more premier team

The medium senior division is a tricky one, it always seems that regardless of the talent if you have a med sr and a large sr in one gym the large senior will always be seen as the more premier team
Yes it is. Although it's hard to break into the top three on both divisions, its arguably harder in large senior just by looking at that division's history and such plus the fact that medium senior is a relatively new division and that the top three varies every year..

If the gyms are smart, they aren't only stacking one team. You set your teams up to be as successful as possible. I watch WC much more closely than other gyms so I'll use them as my example - if you compare skills across stars, Suns, and ody they're almost even. Percentage wise, there's the same number of standing fulls and specialty doubles, etc. but stars are coached by Joelle, Elaine and tiy and the others are not. Jamie Parrish creates their routines, but not the others. Victor and Kristen only coach TGLC; someone else coaches lady jags. Talent wise I don't think any are "stacked" they just get different opportunities.

If Sarah is still coaching medium, CEA would be doing the same. If CSP is coaching I'm kind of confused solely about the "moving" lady elite and making a second SE. Why not just say medium is getting a new name? Unless the kiddos in the gym associate LE with the "lesser" team and don't want to be on it? It doesn't matter what you name the team, though. That feeling will still be there.
Why did they move lady elite to a different gym?? Did that happen for this upcoming season?

Back