High School 2016-2017 Hs Competition Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm waiting to get the competition videos sent to me! I pasted a condensed version of the scoresheets since I'm not sure how to attach a word file.

The crawling is super weird- I'll be the first to admit it- but after talking to a lot of state finals judges who are sick of seeing the same thing over & over we wanted to think outside of the box.One judge commented today that it was "cute & they love the personality". I do think it needs to be executed much better.
Voices are pretty normal. We've been getting 8s & 9s so there's definitely room for improvement. We're thinking they need to go deeper & a lot more choppy? It's something we've been working on but have been having a lot of trouble.

I also put a video of the team that's won states the last 2 (?) years in our divison (4, the smallest division). They were at the comp today and won as well. The round 1 in this video scored a 233.50 while ours was a 184.1. Our last competition we scored a 193.

Sorry for the long post & thanks for being so willing to help :) :) :)

ROUND 1 – REQUIRED ROUND – HIGH SCHOOL SCORESHEET

The following categories will be judged on a 1-10 scale using a tenth of a point system.

JUMPS

The first two jumps must be different

and will be scored on technique,

level of difficulty, togetherness and ease.

VOCALS

Voice inflection, clarity, squad

volume, appropriate choice of words,

and diction.

FLOOR MOBILITY

Accuracy of formations, spacing,

effectiveness, ease of transitions,
transition moves, visual patterns,

from formation to formation.

TEAM COORDINATION
Precision and timing of all motions

(mistakes, missed motions, punch,

crispness, hit.)

EXECUTION

Placement and accuracy of all

motions (high Vs, Ts, wrists, lunges,

leg positions, etc.)

GENERAL IMPRESSION

Creativity, continuity, team

confidence, overall impression,
and uniqueness.

DIFFICULTY AND VARIETY

Movements, motions, peel offs,
levels, enhancements, arm whips,
ripples, etc.

Maximum Points Possible TOTAL

See my comments in RED in the post above.

Looking for a video of advanced / intermediate high school level 2 stunt group pyramids - I have 11 kids and we are struggling to think of a pyramid.. It needs to be something where two flyers can do the first half and then transition out for 2 other flyers to transition in to finish the pyramid

Looking for a video of advanced / intermediate high school level 2 stunt group pyramids - I have 11 kids and we are struggling to think of a pyramid.. It needs to be something where two flyers can do the first half and then transition out for 2 other flyers to transition in to finish the pyramid

If your other 2 flyers that are popping in are tall enough to back whatever stunts you do, I've found that it's really easy to Jesus Fall out the first flyer, have her forward roll, and then have the backspot jump in as the new flyer (with the new backspot having stood behind the original backspot).

It's kinda hard to explain, but due to some last second injuries, I had to do it with my AGS team. I'll quickly upload and attach a video of my girls' AGS video as long as nobody judges it, considering the fact both the backspots had never backed beforehand :D

If your other 2 flyers that are popping in are tall enough to back whatever stunts you do, I've found that it's really easy to Jesus Fall out the first flyer, have her forward roll, and then have the backspot jump in as the new flyer (with the new backspot having stood behind the original backspot).

It's kinda hard to explain, but due to some last second injuries, I had to do it with my AGS team. I'll quickly upload and attach a video of my girls' AGS video as long as nobody judges it, considering the fact both the backspots had never backed beforehand :D

aww they're so cute! Thanks for sharing :)

State was this past weekend in Illinois. I can't believe how intense these teams have gotten in the past few years. It's even more impressive when you consider that in Illinois you're not allowed to cheer for high school and all star at the same time. So proud of the talent here!
This was 1st place for Large Varsity:

and Coed:

State was this past weekend in Illinois. I can't believe how intense these teams have gotten in the past few years. It's even more impressive when you consider that in Illinois you're not allowed to cheer for high school and all star at the same time. So proud of the talent here!
This was 1st place for Large Varsity:

and Coed:

How does Coed work in Illinois? I noticed a lot of teams have one male or so and still compete in regular sm/md/lrg. How many males does one need to be considered Coed? Just curious - in MA if you have one boy you are automatically Coed!

How does Coed work in Illinois? I noticed a lot of teams have one male or so and still compete in regular sm/md/lrg. How many males does one need to be considered Coed? Just curious - in MA if you have one boy you are automatically Coed!
You have to have 2 boys to be coed in IL! (I'm pretty sure about that. For a little bit when I was in high school you had to have 3)
I'm interested to see if this will change at all because it's more common to see teams with half or majority males on the floor now.

Also there are all star teams who could take some notes on the cleanliness of some of these fulls (legs together, no crazy crossed feet, not ripping twist for dear life trying to get around because they aren't high enough.)

Also there are all star teams who could take some notes on the cleanliness of some of these fulls (legs together, no crazy crossed feet, not ripping twist for dear life trying to get around because they aren't high enough.)
On dead floor no less!

Small division state champ in IL.

Holy clean motions and clean jumps! (and a really clean and creative pyramid for that team size.)

WV State Champions:

Still squeamish about no mats.

The awkward rebounding tucks are not my favorite.

These teams have some of the cleanest jumps on hard floor I have ever seen. See also: flyer flexibility!

State champion out of Oklahoma.

Edmond North HS.

*Love the signs held with the stretches.
*5 standing fulls for a HS is pretty impressive.
*Wonder if any of these kids also compete with all star programs (T&S, Tribe, etc.)

Back