OT 2016 Rio Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
looks like the other three swimmers are throwing lochte under the bus for inciting the confrontation. However i still think authorities extorted the one swimmer into "donating" 11k to charity in order to be able to leave the country.

If anyone of you know me personally, also as you can probably tell from my profile picture, Tom Daley is my idol and inspiration with everything I do in life. I have been his biggest fan for nine years and have supported him through 2008, 2012 and now 2016 Olympics. I am truly heartbroken for him to not make the final, especially since he put on the greatest performance yesterday scoring the highest score there has ever been at an Olympics. He is at his peak condition but today was just a bad day. So pleased he is continuing to fight for his dreams and that Olympic gold medal. I look forward to supporting him through another 4 years till 2020. I will always believe in him.

Sweden got another gold. In mountainbike. And with the silver yesterday in soccer thats 11 medals. thats mothe than we had gotten since sydney i think. Im happy. I guessed on eiight and two gold. so atleast im roght with the gold. Three of the medals were taken by our Super Sarah (swimming) who is just so good and seems to be such a sweetheart. And two of the medals were taken by wrestlers. One in the weight class i would e in if i were still wrestling.

If anyone of you know me personally, also as you can probably tell from my profile picture, Tom Daley is my idol and inspiration with everything I do in life. I have been his biggest fan for nine years and have supported him through 2008, 2012 and now 2016 Olympics. I am truly heartbroken for him to not make the final, especially since he put on the greatest performance yesterday scoring the highest score there has ever been at an Olympics. He is at his peak condition but today was just a bad day. So pleased he is continuing to fight for his dreams and that Olympic gold medal. I look forward to supporting him through another 4 years till 2020. I will always believe in him.
I was dumbfounded he didn't make finals. I am out of the loop on what happened today but I watched last night and he was perfection. So sad for him.

looks like the other three swimmers are throwing lochte under the bus for inciting the confrontation. However i still think authorities extorted the one swimmer into "donating" 11k to charity in order to be able to leave the country.
I don't think they're throwing him under the bus, I think they're telling the truth.
Lochte is a multiple Olympian in his 30s, while the other boys are like 20. Lochte was the one who started the lie. And Lochte was the one who fled out of Rio, leaving the others to deal with the mess. So I think it's pretty clear that he was the ringleader, who threw them under the bus.
And the $11000 I'm not sure we could call extortion without more information; it seems more like a fine. Which is preferable to jail time, the penalty for filing a false police report.

I don't think they're throwing him under the bus, I think they're telling the truth.
Lochte is a multiple Olympian in his 30s, while the other boys are like 20. Lochte was the one who started the lie. And Lochte was the one who fled out of Rio, leaving the others to deal with the mess. So I think it's pretty clear that he was the ringleader, who threw them under the bus.
And the $11000 I'm not sure we could call extortion without more information; it seems more like a fine. Which is preferable to jail time, the penalty for filing a false police report.

:shimmy:x1000

For some reason had a bad feeling when he was nailing everything yesterday. I felt like he was going to peak too early and it looked like he did. I was so bummed for him. Also bummed for Steele Johnson, sucks to finish in 13th place...first spot out of the finals. He's got a promising career ahead of him.

Wow Serbia volleyball team is good. They beat USA a few days ago. I had a feeling they'd lose because they weren't playing well before that game. But now China could when with one more set. I love watching volleyball.

So sad for him after the great prelim :(

I'm watching the prime time interview with Lochte and he admitted that it was him being stupid and the other guys had nothing to do with it.

I feel bad for the young guys that got dragged into all of it and got stuck in Rio while Lochte flew the coup. I don't feel bad for Lochte, even if he is tearing up and saying he is sorry and he was stupid. If he fessed up when it first happened, that's one thing. But he lied and threw his teammates under the bus.

I'm watching the prime time interview with Lochte and he admitted that it was him being stupid and the other guys had nothing to do with it.

I feel bad for the young guys that got dragged into all of it and got stuck in Rio while Lochte flew the coup. I don't feel bad for Lochte, even if he is tearing up and saying he is sorry and he was stupid. If he fessed up when it first happened, that's one thing. But he lied and threw his teammates under the bus.
He seems more remorseful in this interview. But I'm not liking that he's still characterizing this as an "over-exaggeration" rather than an outright lie, and blaming it on various things. I think the guy needs to finally admit that it was all a mistake and he is unreservedly sorry. Because the excuses (that he was drunk, that he felt pressured to give money) don't ring true to me. Surely even Lochte is smart enough to realize that the people with guns were security guards, and that the money they demanded was $50 to pay for the damage.

Reactions: Ems
Can't believe it's pretty much over! In my biased opinion, nothing will beat our fantastic games in London. There have been a lot of problems with these games which I personally feel have taken the shine off :/

Team GB have cemented their place as 2nd on the medal table behind the US powerhouse and with golds won over 16 different sports. We are the first nation to get more medals in the Olympics after their home games! So in terms of our performance these games, it's been even better than London.

Looking forwards to seeing the closing ceremony and GB's light up shoes:cool:

Onto the Paralympics!

Is men's basketball the final Olympic event of the Rio Olympics?

So America will get the first and final (more than likely) gold of the games? How neat

So glad we could dominate the world with our athletic prowess before our nation self implodes in November.

God speed, America [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back