Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheer Central Sun North (opening)
Taking over Windsor All-Stars

Steele Athletics Fort Collins (opening)

NORCO Elite- Closed after Summit
Coach's going to Steele Athletic

North Metro Elite - Close

Meanwhile I'm here waiting for a big gym to open something within the 5 boroughs of NYC. Most people here make the trip to jersey if they have a kid who cheers (unless they live in Staten island, which is where there are a couple of small gyms)
I feel that way about the Bay Area. Cali is way out in the East Bay, and it's actually kind of a small facility. Not to mention traffic going out there would be a disaster.

I feel that way about the Bay Area. Cali is way out in the East Bay, and it's actually kind of a small facility. Not to mention traffic going out there would be a disaster.
I feel the same way. I lived near the Sacramento region/ Placer County and there are no heavy hitters in that region. I know of two girls from my hometown who drive to Cali but 2 1/2 hours each way was not doable for my family. I was at a small gym I loved but they were hit hard by the recession and ended up closing. The only other gym in town didn't have a great "gym culture" so I switched to school cheer.

Meanwhile I'm here waiting for a big gym to open something within the 5 boroughs of NYC. Most people here make the trip to jersey if they have a kid who cheers (unless they live in Staten island, which is where there are a couple of small gyms)
I was there with you a couple of years ago. Now I go to Jersey. It takes me less time to go to get to NJ than to Staten Island or long Island.

I don't know how I feel about Top Gun AZ.

The TGAZ location is being run by the old coaches of Premier TN Pumas and TGLC Alumni from years ago. Haven't announced coaches yet but TGAZ is moving in some top notch coaches with amazing track records. Been working on this TG location for over 2 years.

Also PCM AZ I believe will be closing after this season. I could be wrong, I thought I saw that somewhere.

I feel the same way. I lived near the Sacramento region/ Placer County and there are no heavy hitters in that region. I know of two girls from my hometown who drive to Cali but 2 1/2 hours each way was not doable for my family. I was at a small gym I loved but they were hit hard by the recession and ended up closing. The only other gym in town didn't have a great "gym culture" so I switched to school cheer.

We live outside of Sacramento and I tell people alllll the time we are seriously hurting for cheer around here. My high school kids have nowhere to go to even tumble. There are some good gyms, but with Sac traffic getting all the way to the other side of town for practice during rush hour is not possible.

The TGAZ location is being run by the old coaches of Premier TN Pumas and TGLC Alumni from years ago. Haven't announced coaches yet but TGAZ is moving in some top notch coaches with amazing track records. Been working on this TG location for over 2 years.

Also PCM AZ I believe will be closing after this season. I could be wrong, I thought I saw that somewhere.

Do you know if they will be planning to field a senior worlds division? I know it's a little early but I sure hope so!

We live outside of Sacramento and I tell people alllll the time we are seriously hurting for cheer around here. My high school kids have nowhere to go to even tumble. There are some good gyms, but with Sac traffic getting all the way to the other side of town for practice during rush hour is not possible.
We really are hurting! And you're so right, once you factor in California traffic things get even worse! I'm not sure which side of Sac you are on but if you are close to Rocklin/Roseville I would recommend just tumble. I took lessons there for a while even though it was a bit of a drive becasue the coaches were so great. As long as I wasn't trying to get there during rush hour it wasn't too bad.

PCM AZ closing makes sense - two coaches there have applied at different gyms/high schools for next season, I had assumed they just wanted a change but if their gym is literally going away it makes sense.

I wonder why they were using the ASU pitchfork for their logo. I honestly thought they were owned by the old AZ Myths crew or at least one of them. What I meant by my comment is AZ is not exactly the hotbed of cheer (LOL), they already have DS, Cali, Heat (D2), and USA. It almost feels like over saturation in an area that has a weird cheer culture already (you can't do both All Star and School). When we lived there and my very oldest was at Heat, there was a fierce brand loyalty so I'm wondering if they will maintain their athletes or will kids leave other gyms?

UCF is great and in Elk Grove

I wonder why they were using the ASU pitchfork for their logo. I honestly thought they were owned by the old AZ Myths crew or at least one of them. What I meant by my comment is AZ is not exactly the hotbed of cheer (LOL), they already have DS, Cali, Heat (D2), and USA. It almost feels like over saturation in an area that has a weird cheer culture already (you can't do both All Star and School). When we lived there and my very oldest was at Heat, there was a fierce brand loyalty so I'm wondering if they will maintain their athletes or will kids leave other gyms?

It wasn't taken in anyway, just thought I could educate on the situation some :)

Immortal used the pitchfork for how catchy and easy it was to design around, it was also one of the only items that went around the "Immortal" theme and had a hand sign lol

The Phoenix and Phoenix Metro area now has around 25 gyms.

Last edited:
Back