All-Star 2018 - 2019 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Anyone know if cea Chicago, top gun Ohio, top gun AZ, stingrays Tampa, stingrays Michigan, rockstar Jacksonville, Midwest Chicago grew in numbers/teams than previous year? Just curious to see how some of the latest expansions are doing

TG Ohio has 15 teams including an international 5 that’s new.
Rockstar Jacksonville according to a tweet went from 46 to 108 kids this year.
Stingray Tampa has 9 teams including an international 5 coed team.

State's teams:

Tiny novice
Tiny 1
Mini 2
Y3
J2
J4
Senior coed 3
Senior Restricted 5
Senior Open Coed 5

Spirit of Texas 2018-19 Teams

Small Y2 Purple Hearts
Small J2 Purple Diamonds
Medium J3 Purple Aces
Medium (coed) Sr 3 Purple Sass
Small Sr 4 Royal Queens
Medium J4 Royal Gurlz

Large J5 Junior Royals
Large Coed Sr R5 Royal Guns
Medium AG Sr 5 A-Team
Medium Coed Sr 5 Royalty
Open Coed 5 (not sure if large or small and no name announced yet)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Stars Vipers

Small Mini 1: Sneaky Snakes
Small Junior 1: Pythons
Small Junior 2: Night snakes
Large Junior 2: Rattler Reign
Large Junior 3: Red Hot Mambas
Small Senior Coed 3: Boas
Small Junior 4: Junior Corals
Small Junior 4: Boomslang
Small Senior 5R: Queen Cobras
Lrg SCR5: Royal Cobras
Open LC 5: Anacondas

Not sure if the 2 small junior 4 teams is a typo or not in the video. No medusa this year.

ETA: My fear of snakes made watching that video hard.

Stars Vipers

Small Mini 1: Sneaky Snakes
Small Junior 1: Pythons
Small Junior 2: Night snakes
Large Junior 2: Rattler Reign
Large Junior 3: Red Hot Mambas
Small Senior Coed 3: Boas
Small Junior 4: Junior Corals
Small Junior 4: Boomslang
Small Senior 5R: Queen Cobras
Lrg SCR5: Royal Cobras
Open LC 5: Anacondas

Not sure if the 2 small junior 4 teams is a typo or not in the video. No medusa this year.

ETA: My fear of snakes made watching that video hard.

I'm so gutted there is no Medusa this year. They were amazing to watch last season!

It's really not that much different than a large gym entering the Small division, and nobody seems upset that huge gyms like CEA and Woodlands Elite have Small teams. 16 athletes (the new maximum for X-Small) vs 20 athletes (the size of a typical Small team) isn't a big difference. Every gym has different circumstances for entering certain divisions. Just because a gym has a huge talent pool doesn't mean they have enough kids to make all big teams. More realistically, a gym is going to have an uneven number of kids (meaning, they will have some Large teams and some Small teams).

While not a gigantic gym, CJA is a great example of a gym that has a talent pool big enough for more than one Level 5 team, but one of the teams is understandably XS. Will there be some mega gyms who take advantage of this division and stack an XS team? Sure. But again, is that much different than a mega gym stacking a Small team? Not really. Did anyone have a problem when Woodlands Elite Generals moved from Large to Small even as their gym got bigger and bigger? Not really.

Or when Panthers went from 36 to small with 20, then to medium, back to large
Or when F5 went from large to medium back to large
Or when WC Suns go back and forth between medium and small every few years, as did WC Odyssey in 2017 and maybe even again in 2019

These are more examples of mega gyms making decisions that they thought were best for the team/program, and I don't recall many people complaining that they were hindering the growth of the industry.

After thinking about this X-Small division convo, I think this is exactly what it is just an added division and it is no different from being placed in a Sm, Med. Or Large division. I think I was just confuse by the rule that states a gym with a level 5 team already cannot enter this division. I felt this rule caused me to believe that the addition of the X-Small was exclusive of small gyms with new level 5 team...js

Last edited:
Back