All-Star 2018 - 2019 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Plano, TX.
  • Cheetahs – Senior Large Coed 5 (Worlds)
  • Panthers – Senior Large All Girl 5 (Worlds)
  • Swooshcats – Open Small Coed 5 (Worlds)
  • Wildcats – Open Large Coed 5 (Worlds)
  • Crewcats – International Small Coed 5 (Worlds)
  • Ladycats –International Open All Girl 5 (Worlds)
  • Jags – Junior Large Coed 5
  • Pumas – Senior Small All Girl 5 Restricted
  • Furycats – Junior Medium 5 Restricted
  • Savagecats – Open 4
  • Sassycats – Senior Medium 4
  • Prowlers – Senior Medium Coed 4
  • Thundercats – Junior Medium 4
  • Tigers – Junior International 4
  • Bengals – Junior Small 4
  • Firecats – Senior Medium 3
  • Icecats – Junior Medium 3
  • Lightningcats – Junior International Small 3
  • Lions – Youth Medium 3
  • Sabres – Senior Medium 2
  • Katz – Junior Medium 2
  • Leopards – Junior Small 2
  • Cougars – Youth Medium 2
  • Ocelots – Youth Small 2
  • Cubs – Mini Small 2
  • Arctic Cats – Senior Small 1
  • Beatkatz – Junior Small 1
  • Kittykatz – Youth Medium 1
  • Bobcats – Mini Small 1
  • Itty Bitty Kitties – Tiny 1
  • Kittycubs – Tiny Novice
  • Show Kittens – Tiny Novice
Show kittens. Best name ever for a Tiny team!!!

Lots of open 5 teams. Still trying to understand the division. What’s the advantage of going open versus international? I’m guess going open versus Senior5 is the more flexible age range (no upper limit)?

Lots of open 5 teams. Still trying to understand the division. What’s the advantage of going open versus international? I’m guess going open versus Senior5 is the more flexible age range (no upper limit)?
One of the bigger differences is that the Open divisions will have a similar (if not the same) scoresheet as the senior divisions, where tumbling is weighted heavier. So some teams with slightly weaker tumbling may decide to go International Open as those have traditionally not had tumbling weighted very much on the scoresheet. I'd say a big reason we're seeing so many US teams choose Open is because they will have top 10 move on to finals at Worlds regardless of country opposed to top 3 from each country. It was kinda expected that would be the case when the divisions were announced.

One of the bigger differences is that the Open divisions will have a similar (if not the same) scoresheet as the senior divisions, where tumbling is weighted heavier. So some teams with slightly weaker tumbling may decide to go International Open as those have traditionally not had tumbling weighted very much on the scoresheet. I'd say a big reason we're seeing so many US teams choose Open is because they will have top 10 move on to finals at Worlds regardless of country opposed to top 3 from each country. It was kinda expected that would be the case when the divisions were announced.
so did swooshcats and wildcats change divisions then?

With so many international teams switching to a whole division and adding the non tumbling the IOC5 division is going to be pretty pointless. If the non tumbling was for international teams to be competitive and they change divisions to the non tumble division the international open isn’t going to be deep at all. All these new worlds divisions are so silly to me. And that’s coming from someone who placed second at worlds to an international team who scored just as high as us in tumbling with no where near the difficulty.

With so many international teams switching to a whole division and adding the non tumbling the IOC5 division is going to be pretty pointless. If the non tumbling was for international teams to be competitive and they change divisions to the non tumble division the international open isn’t going to be deep at all. All these new worlds divisions are so silly to me. And that’s coming from someone who placed second at worlds to an international team who scored just as high as us in tumbling with no where near the difficulty.
Exactly this!! Especially if they add the no twisting rule that was implemented for 24 hours last season to the International divisions.

What is the point in keeping a team in the international open division vs going open? I noticed that a few worlds teams moved to open which to me makes more sense because there is no three per country rule and that's why I am confused as to why some other teams are staying international open.

What is the point in keeping a team in the international open division vs going open? I noticed that a few worlds teams moved to open which to me makes more sense because there is no three per country rule and that's why I am confused as to why some other teams are staying international open.
Honestly I think there are already more than 10 really strong teams in the Small Open Coed division, and I'm not sure there are 3 solid teams left in IOCS5 at this point. Also, if you have a strong team without a lot of doubles, you are more competitive in the previous IO division since tumbling doesn't count much in that division on the Worlds score sheet.

Small IOC5 2018-2019
PA Blacklight
CA Cheer Atletics Crew Cats
CEA Cougar Coed
ASR Freedom
CA Cali All Stars Aces
Top Gun Sci-5
Rockstar Rolling Stones

Cheer Sport Sharks:
Pacific Sharks IOSC5 Ottawa location
Star Spotted Sharks IOSC5 Cambridge location

That is what we figured out so far. Anyone know if Brandon Smoke going Open or International?

Last edited:
All they had to do was create the non tumble division and change the rule to top 10 each country and it would be a million times better. We would still have something for the countries better suited with no tumbling and still competitive deep divisions. I would then totally support the new division. I think watering down multiple divisions at the worlds level sucks and is stupid. I hope wedont see all large programs snatch easy wins in these new divisions.

Back