OT A Good Charity For Donating Hair?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 15, 2009
Hey Guys,

I want to shave my head and donate it to cancer research. I was hoping some of you who have donated before could give me some advice or offer suggestions about which charity I should contact. Anything helps. Thank you!

We did some research and donated my little cp's hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. They have a partnership with the American Cancer Society.

I had no idea Locks of Love sold the wigs! That does indeed sound unethical.

It's so good of you to donate. My hair grows so slowly, I could probably never get it to a donate--able length. My neighbor, on the other hand, does it almost every year.

i've donated a few times and as stated above, locks of love sells the wigs they make for profit. if you can, donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. they give the wigs away for free to women who need them. (though pantene does have a longer minimum length requirement than locks of love)

I don't care where you donate. I just wanted to say that i respect you so much for doing this and that you really are a beautiful person inside out. Hope you have a great day!
thank you so much for this. i've had a few older family members who aren't very supportive of me cutting my hair. but knowing that you support me really helps.

i've donated a few times and as stated above, locks of love sells the wigs they make for profit. if you can, donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. they give the wigs away for free to women who need them. (though pantene does have a longer minimum length requirement than locks of love)
Actually, Pantene Beautiful Lengths is 8 inch minimum. Locks of Love is 10 inch minimum.

Actually, Pantene Beautiful Lengths is 8 inch minimum. Locks of Love is 10 inch minimum.

really? i haven't donated in 3 or 4 years, but i could have sworn it was 12 and 10... oh well, that makes them even better! last time i donated, it was about 16 inches, so now i have an emotional attachment to my long hair, but 8 inches i could do.

I donated mine recently to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I miss my long hair but it's nice knowing mine grows back and some people need it more than I do.

On another charity kick... for people that donate clothes and stuff, Goodwill sells all their things for profit and donates little to charities. Salvation Army donates 96% of profits and items to the cause.

tumblr_mn9wvhknhB1qataako1_250.jpg

in case anyone was wondering, i did cut off 8 inches of my hair and donated it to pantene's beautiful lengths. this is a picture of my "new 'do" =] didn't have the confidence to shave it bald but i'm proud of myself for donating what i did.

Back