All-Star A Whole New Low....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TXcheermom

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Wow.... I understand at competitions people and myself video teams... but at a parent show off for family and friends thats a whole new low.

this past weekend Texas Cheer had thier parent showoff. A gym in our local area sent MC (a guy initials) to record everyone of our routines and posted it on youtube. I have since seen the videos removed or made private or put under a different name but wow... really???? This is a whole new low.

thoughts.....

its not suprizing that someone would do that.. i guess i would be flattered that we would be some type of competition to a local gym .. but yeah i do agree it is a little over the line to go into a place that isnt from your gym just to video these kids and routine without their persmission.. i would of kicked his A___ out! thats just me LOL!

When we found out it was way to late. he got all the video he came for. the last performnace i waved my hand and jumped infront of his camera but didnt matter because they got what they came for.

several years ago our local "rival gym" sent a mom to our first competition and taped our routines. they were competing against us at the second competition and we noticed a lot of familiar choreography.......

Wow.... I understand at competitions people and myself video teams... but at a parent show off for family and friends thats a whole new low.

this past weekend Texas Cheer had thier parent showoff. A gym in our local area sent MC (a guy initials) to record everyone of our routines and posted it on youtube. I have since seen the videos removed or made private or put under a different name but wow... really???? This is a whole new low.

thoughts.....

While maybe not desirable, if you allow the public (which includes parents) to come watch all the routines I have to say that I would assume they are being filmed. Don't get me wrong, I think its a little tacky. But those videos aren't 'off' youtube. They are now just private hidden links and being shared that way.

While maybe not desirable, if you allow the public (which includes parents) to come watch all the routines I have to say that I would assume they are being filmed. Don't get me wrong, I think its a little tacky. But those videos aren't 'off' youtube. They are now just private hidden links and being shared that way.

ya thats what i thought. i figured they wouldnt of "taken them down" ..... smh smh..... its just tacky. i mean the everyone in houston is competing nov 13th pretty much so why be so low as to come to our personal parent showoff. but its okay KARMA WILL COME BACK AROUND!

ya thats what i thought. i figured they wouldnt of "taken them down" ..... smh smh..... its just tacky. i mean the everyone in houston is competing nov 13th pretty much so why be so low as to come to our personal parent showoff. but its okay KARMA WILL COME BACK AROUND!

Remember that gyms spending so much time worrying about you are spending less time concentrating on themselves.

When we found out it was way to late. he got all the video he came for. the last performnace i waved my hand and jumped infront of his camera but didnt matter because they got what they came for.
thats the risk of a public event....that actually happens a lot at showoffs or showcases...the only way to prevent is to make private....I think most coaches just make sure its all ready before cuz it usually gets out....I know Cali stuff gets put on youtube like that...I think our coaches jave just accepted it ...it is what it is...:/

thats the risk of a public event....that actually happens a lot at showoffs or showcases...the only way to prevent is to make private....I think most coaches just make sure its all ready before cuz it usually gets out....I know Cali stuff gets put on youtube like that...I think our coaches jave just accepted it ...it is what it is...:/

I agree but at the same time it wasnt even a local event. That's what gets me! He drove an hour and a half to record. But our coaches are firm believers in KARMA and this is just more fuel for us!

Back