Acl Prevention Training

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 22, 2012
Hey everybody, I'm currently recovering from my second ACL surgery and have become obsessed with all things knee related. I've been reading about some differrent training programs they have started to help keep girls from hurting their knees. I really really wanna spread this around and get it started in cheer gyms everywhere, i dont want other girls to end their careers like me any more. Let me know if you know of, have heard of, or do these and PLEASE talk about it at your gyms!!!!

Simply sitting in a chair and standing straight up on one leg in multiple reps would do a lot to build those vulnerable muscles! I have my daughter at a sports conditioning center where she has specific exercises to strengthen her knees and ankles for tumbling injury prevention. I'm a firm believer in it and will tell anyone that will listen! Unfortunately unless it is incorporated into the All Star Programs agenda it is usually over looked.

Thanks, tinytumblersmom and you're right, even just little things help! That's great you have your daughter in a formal class though. I think it's crazy how widespread injuries are, but most gyms overlook these programs.

Back