All-Star Advice Needed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 30, 2010
Hello Fellow Fierceboarders! I have a problem. This year will be my freshman year. I tried out for the cheer team. I am an experienced cheerleader (I have done allstar for so many years and I am on a level 5 team). Naturally I decided to try out to be captain. And I was chosen. Now
I am afraid that I can't handle it all. Allstar cheerleading is my life- it is everything to me. My high school coaches say that high school cheer is supposed to be my first priority. I have choreography for allstar the same days I have high school camp. I may go to woodward this summer which may interfere with highschool practice. I think it may all just be too much and I don't know what to do. I have so many things going on in my family right now. There is so much going on in my life and I don't think I can handle it all. It was always my dream to be a highschool cheerleader and be the captain. But I never knew I would have to choreograph the whole routine, make the music, and organize team bonding activity's. Now I feel like I want to quite but if I quite I can never try out again (it is the school policy). I don't know what to do. I need some food advice please help. Sorry if this is rambley or makes no sense
Thank You.

Hello Fellow Fierceboarders! I have a problem. This year will be my freshman year. I tried out for the cheer team. I am an experienced cheerleader (I have done allstar for so many years and I am on a level 5 team). Naturally I decided to try out to be captain. And I was chosen. Now
I am afraid that I can't handle it all. Allstar cheerleading is my life- it is everything to me. My high school coaches say that high school cheer is supposed to be my first priority. I have choreography for allstar the same days I have high school camp. I may go to woodward this summer which may interfere with highschool practice. I think it may all just be too much and I don't know what to do. I have so many things going on in my family right now. There is so much going on in my life and I don't think I can handle it all. It was always my dream to be a highschool cheerleader and be the captain. But I never knew I would have to choreograph the whole routine, make the music, and organize team bonding activity's. Now I feel like I want to quite but if I quite I can never try out again (it is the school policy). I don't know what to do. I need some food advice please help. Sorry if this is rambley or makes no sense
Thank You.
Aw that's a tough decision! Though I can't offer you good advice which is what you were probably looking for! I do wish you the best of luck and I'm sure you can do anything you put your mind too!

Aw that's a tough decision! Though I can't offer you good advice which is what you were probably looking for! I do wish you the best of luck and I'm sure you can do anything you put your mind too!
Thank you very much! I am sort of stuck, i just don't think I can do it all. But I would hate to never experience high school cheer.

maybe talk to your school coach and explain this to her. she can maybe give you a co-captain or not have you be captain this year and wait until you are a sophomore or junior to be captain, when you dont have so much going on.

Maybe I can resign but not quite the team. Some girls wanted to be captain so badly so I feel bad.

Or talk to your all start gym, ours is flexible for fall cheerleading as it ends when all star competitions really get started.

If you divide the work evenly, it shouldn't be that bad. With the camp problem, are they at the same time?
yes -_- I can always get a fill in for choreography, but I will have to learn the whole routine basically on my own time. It is so much harder to learn a dance on our own then with everyone else. ya know?

Or talk to your all start gym, ours is flexible for fall cheerleading as it ends when all star competitions really get started.
they wont mind me missing, it is me who minds. I get so frustrated when people miss practice and now I will be the one missing

yes -_- I can always get a fill in for choreography, but I will have to learn the whole routine basically on my own time. It is so much harder to learn a dance on our own then with everyone else. ya know?

Oh yes, I deffinately know. I missed choreography for my old gym, and the girl who filled in for me forgot two counts in the dance.....i got to freestyle hahah

Back