All-Star An Article About Varsity Brands...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've got to say, the beginning of the article was great about Wecc. Then when i saw the turn it was taking all i felt was pissed off that this writter felt the need to write that negative stuff in the same article as Wecc's success.
The writter should be fired for misleading Wecc in my opinion.
Not to mention the writter was all over the place in his writting.

If the houston press wanted to write about Varsity, it should of been a completely separate article with not any gym or athletes named in it.

If there is misinformation it would really benefit Varsity to dispute line by line, not in a blanket statement as they normally do, what really isn't factual. To me when it's a blanket statement and things aren't addressed it usually means it's true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know a statement addressing the article should be out soon, otherwise I'm out of the loop on it all.

If there is misinformation it would really benefit Varsity to dispute line by line, not in a blanket statement as they normally do, what really isn't factual. To me when it's a blanket statement and things aren't addressed it usually means it's true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo.

While the article was pretty complimentary of WE and their successes, but I could see how they felt a little upset by the turn the article took. It's nothing the writer should get fired (or even disciplined for, really) as nothing in the article was untrue (that I can tell from the surface). Unfortunately, you put yourself up for that when agreeing to be featured. At least he did call and warn them about the different direction before publication. Seems like he used WE as a springboard for an article then eventually fell down the Varsity rabbit hole.

I'm very conflicted when articles like this come out. I was a journalism major and a huge supporter of the free press but cheerleading is also my passion. It's pretty interesting when the two intertwine.

I don't personally think WE comes out of this with any kind of tarnish on their reputation. In fact, I learned a lot about them from this article.

From someone out here on the left coast, when reading the article, I didn't think for one moment that WE had anything to do with the Varsity portion of the article. I didn't come away with anything but a positive feeling regarding WE (beside, I can't help but love anything Texas). Now Varsity on the other hand...
Like I said in the parent section, I knew this giant machine we call cheerleading was run by those who just want us to show them the money, but I had never had the curtains pulled back with the facts like this article did. I appreciate the person who wrote it.

But... the article was positive about WE, and didn't say anything that remotely sounded like WE said/participated/contributed to the section about Varsity. So I'm confused.

And I'll just be the one to go ahead and say it: all this post does is validate that Varsity controls EVERYTHING and EVERYONE.
Applause for just telling the truth and not being "scared" of the retaliations...

Aw man, I was trying to edit this and I messed my post up....now I derailed my train of thought:confused:

I think he might have chosen to include the WE pieces in order to give cheerleading more substance for outsiders. If it was just an article about varsity cheer group, it wouldn't have been as easy to understand probably. But I can also understand how the gym feels, thinking the interview is one thing and then being put together.

Like everyone else, I felt the WE piece was really positive and great. I also thought the whole article was fantastic and informative. That was a lot of research done!

I know a statement addressing the article should be out soon, otherwise I'm out of the loop on it all.

Hopefully, they will take the criticism to heart and adapt substantial changes to significantly improve the safety for the athletes. Statements are nice, but some changes need to be made immediately so that no more athletes get hurt and futures get ruined. While varsity is getting a lot of the heat here, gyms, coaches, parents, and athletes also need a reality check on safety as well and priorities. Perhaps the first thing they could do is address @quitthedrama's concerns about charging premium pricing for safe practice surfaces at Worlds. I won't hold my breath.

Come on, anybody who has been around since the Pro X days can not be surprised by anything in that article!!! Does anybody not remember dinosaur? @tumbleyoda has been accurately unveiling the shenanegins for years! I've been watching Allstar cheer's transformation over the last 15 years as well as had a front row seat (as the person paying and having my children compete/perform) to every major competition there is, and none of what he wrote about is news to me. (Shrug)

Since I know they're reading here and I live to take every opportunity to give them good advice, I'll repeat what I've been saying for 6/7 years! Hi Varsity! Here's a little advice from a nobody cheer mom that doesn't know a thing. If your mission is to grow the activity of cheerleading, stop pricing out the average families. By making it more affordable to the masses, imagine how much revenue you could add to your already $1.8 BILLION you already control?!?! (Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Wizard of Oz)

$1.8 Billion y'all.........(shrug again)

WE, the article was amazing on y'all! Kudo's and Congratulations!

10670034_10155824138565621_872670400909446381_n.jpg

... I don't believe for one second that cheer is one of the safest sports. What statistics are they looking at?! Cheerleading vs Volcano surfing??

Also, I have a real problem with them trying to make people believe the article made us (the cheerleaders) look bad. The only way that article made us look bad is when they talked about how much money is spent on cheer. And guess whose at fault for that... Lol nice try varsity.

I want to roll my eyes a thousand times.

Back