All-Star Anybody Heard Of This....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 15, 2011
So I came across this site called RoutineFit.net through instagram and google and they seem to post workouts designed to help cheerleaders stay fit. I did the one sample one they give you on the site and it was pretty quick and tough... Has anybody else seen this or tried it? Im signing up for it since its only 5$ a month but I wanna see who else may have already done some of the real ones

I'm probably the negative Nancy here....

I just took a look at the site and there are a few things that would hold me back from signing up:
  • Nowhere on the site is shown who is behind this ("coaches from all aspects of cheerleading, gymnastics and dance" could mean anything - how long were they coaches, where did they coach, what kind of coaches-training did they receive)
  • What are the terms and conditions for the subscription? How do you cancel if you don't like it?
  • What is the credibility of the people who designed the workouts? Are they professionals in the field of exercise or is it set up by a former cheerleader who "has no idea what (s)he is doing"?
  • The same goes for the nutrition advice that is given.
  • This is a site promoting physical activity - where is the disclaimer about "consult your doctor if this program is okay for you"?
I could go on and on. There is an e-mail address provided where you can ask all of those questions. But that is just some of the basic information that I would expect to see directly on the homepage.

Besides: there are tons of free exercise videos out there in the internet. What sets routinefit apart from them? Judging by the sample workout you could use any other youtube channel that provides bodyweight workouts for free.

I really like the idea behind this, I just think that more information needs to be provided.

I thought some of that too but to me it seems like a place that people can go for workouts designed specifically for cheer. I know a lot of the kids I coach just wander around a gym totally lost, or trying to lift weights they have no idea how to lift (Which scares me most). I hate hearing how Susie got a gym membership then a week later threw out her back. Bodyweight movements are MUCH more safe... I found this to be a neat idea as a central place people can all meet and in essence workout together. I checked out their movements page and it seems to explain things really well. Taught me a little I didnt know about some movements. Definitely something I will use to help my kids learn that working out isn't the devil.... I see the idea here. may not be perfect but from what i can tell its semi-new and a work in progress... I guess I'll know in a few weeks if the workouts really help

I just signed up for RoutineFit.Net yesterday!!
Its awesome that there are others on the fierceboard doing it too.

Ive only done 2 workouts but already feel so great!!! Its not too intense where I will be too sore for all these extra practices leading up to the big nationals and worlds. Instead, I really feel like its going to help prepare me. Its not dangerous. They have great explanations with videos to make sure that their (body weight only) exercises are performed correctly. Their isnt any kind of tumbling, just beginner and advanced versions of each workout so everyone will be able to complete them.

The best part is.. They're offering a free trial that doesn't even require s credit card. I think if youre really into your sport, this will be a great way to get in (and stay in) shape for it.

They're even blowing up on instagram, it seems like a lot of big names from worlds winning gyms are getting on it and seeing great results. Thats why I signed up at least =) @routine_fit

Great job RoutineFit! Love your program.

They just made it free today, so I signed up. I did different elements of different workouts during practice today. I couldn't do any full workout bc I have tendinitis in my elbow (which is why I needed a workout during practice to begin with) so anything with my arms wasn't possible, but I was able to do most of the calves one and I feel like if I actually did the full thing I'd be worked very hard! My calves were burning just from what I was able to do. Looking forward to using them when I'm healthy!
Ps don't try to do mountain climbers with just one arm.... It's harder than it sounds!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

@cheernerd5678 Yeah my calves we're burning so bad!! I'm sorry your injured, RoutineFit will help you stay in shape while you're not able to practice though huh? Haha sculpt that 6 pack from the sidelines!!

I can already feel how these workouts will help my tumbling, jumping and stunting!! I'm so happy RoutineFit popped out of nowhere and is already getting so much following, I think it will be a good thing for our industry!

I really recommend it to anyone on here that hasn't checked it out yet. It's free right now and really good for the athletic build, why WOULDN'T everyone just give it a shot? Lol

ROUTINEFIT.NET

@cheernerd5678 Yeah my calves we're burning so bad!! I'm sorry your injured, RoutineFit will help you stay in shape while you're not able to practice though huh? Haha sculpt that 6 pack from the sidelines!!

I can already feel how these workouts will help my tumbling, jumping and stunting!! I'm so happy RoutineFit popped out of nowhere and is already getting so much following, I think it will be a good thing for our industry!

I really recommend it to anyone on here that hasn't checked it out yet. It's free right now and really good for the athletic build, why WOULDN'T everyone just give it a shot? Lol

ROUTINEFIT.NET

Something tells me you have something to do with RoutineFit? lol

I'm a certified strength and conditioning coach with over 10 years experience. I don't care for the timed challenge request -- too much like a crossfit system and without proper coaching it's very easy to complete the exercises with poor form. Also in regards to the repeated reference to a "sculpted six pack"... a six pack does not equal a strong core.

How is this an advertisement? Its a legit thing that is designed for cheer, couldn't think of a more appropriate forum.

I have to say that I'm also suspicious. The person to start the thread didn't post since 2011. And the other one didn't post here since 2010 and now tells us how awesome it is?
I guess one can at least ask questions...

@lakerfantlc since your daughter does promo for the program: can you tell us who is behind all of this? Or answer any of the other questions I had in my post above?

Several ex cheerleaders are developing this site. Jenee does the workouts and loves them. I support any young people trying to get out there and make something of themselves so we help them… period :) We do not get paid…we are just supporting their entrepreneurial spirit.

Back