OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I am happy for the team. Except I dont understand how Gabby is on the team? She fell both days at trials and at nationals and if anyone else had competed the way Gabby did they would be nowhere near this team. But I'm sure Marta won't take someone to the Olympics just because she is famous and at the end Marta knows these girls. After trials they will go to the Ranch and train every single day until they leave for Rio. (At least this is what they did before London) and I am sure in those 30 days Gabby will get her mental game on point so she will probably be fine in Rio.

Marta said it was between her and Ashton at the end. She needed someone who can do bars and vault in TF. Gabby can do both but without Amanar Ashton can fit better into the team (with Laurie doing vault). I believe Gabby will do Amanar in Rio she just need to get mentally better and Marta will help her at camp.

I am sad for Maggie. She, Komova and Iordache were my favorite this quad and none of them are going to Rio. :( :(

Now the question is....Who will be doing AA in quals? I say Simone, Aly and Gabby.

Now that I've slept on it...

1. If my biggest issue is with the chosen alternates, I'd say the selection committee did a great job. I hope Gabby shows up in Rio and they don't regret that chance they gave her. She fell twice, she didn't prepare the amanar Martha wanted, and really there is no event that we need her.

2. While I'm still gutted for Mags, it makes sense; Arguably her strongest events are floor and vault - same as Mykayla, but Mykayla scores significantly higher than her. Ragan's best event is beam, and obviously Ashton's is bars so we have all 4 events covered in case of disaster.

I'm excited for Maggie's future. I think her current skill set will transition beautifully to NCAA and hope she kills it at Oklahoma next season.

I am sad for Maggie. She, Komova and Iordache were my favorite this quad and none of them are going to Rio. :( :(

Now the question is....Who will be doing AA in quals? I say Simone, Aly and Gabby.

I'm heartbroken for Maggie too. I he been pulling for her since Glasgow.

They can only sent two to AA. I'd put Laurie over Gabby, so it'll be interesting to see if they would choose her over Aly as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm heartbroken for Maggie too. I he been pulling for her since Glasgow.

They can only sent two to AA. I'd put Laurie over Gabby, so it'll be interesting to see if they would choose her over Aly as well.

While I'm aware that Laurie beat Aly, I still think Laurie's scores will be significantly lower internationally, and I am not sure how well she'll do. She has a great track record internationally as a junior elite, but it's not the same. Regarding AA, I wonder if they'll allow it to play out like 2012 gabby/jordyn/aly and may the best girl qualify?

While I'm aware that Laurie beat Aly, I still think Laurie's scores will be significantly lower internationally, and I am not sure how well she'll do. She has a great track record internationally as a junior elite, but it's not the same. Regarding AA, I wonder if they'll allow it to play out like 2012 gabby/jordyn/aly and may the best girl qualify?
but dont the gymnast have to qualify for AA while at the olympics...... i wanna say itll be between simone/aly/laurie, if gabby was specifically selected for her bar score i wonder if they'll let her even compete on all four during qualifications. i really have no idea how all that works out though.

but dont the gymnast have to qualify for AA while at the olympics...... i wanna say itll be between simone/aly/laurie, if gabby was specifically selected for her bar score i wonder if they'll let her even compete on all four during qualifications. i really have no idea how all that works out though.

One of them will have to sit out of bars during qualifiers though so Madison can qualify for EF.

One of them will have to sit out of bars during qualifiers though so Madison can qualify for EF.

Yea, that's what I was thinking about. If they use Gabby and Madison on bars, that will only leave 2 spots out of Simone/Aly/Laurie to do bars and qualify for AA.

ETA: I guess they could have the 3rd one compete in qualifiers and then Gabby compete bars in finals if they really wanted to, but idk if that makes sense.

Adams Family Themed! It's "cute" you are right but it is not randomly mixed.

I still like her floor routine. I would have preferred her to be a little more dark and channel her inner Wednesday rather than be smiley and cutesy, though. And if you hate it, blame Kim Zmeskal. Do we not remember she dressed Bailie as a penguin and literally had her do penguin slides across the floor? She's all about the theatrics.

I still like her floor routine. I would have preferred her to be a little more dark and channel her inner Wednesday rather than be smiley and cutesy, though. And if you hate it, blame Kim Zmeskal. Do we not remember she dressed Bailie as a penguin and literally had her do penguin slides across the floor? She's all about the theatrics.

It's not a bad routine and actually goes with the music which is more then MOST gymnastics floor routines. I was juts saying it wasn't random cutesey, it was themed! I agree the more "dark" mysterious would be cool, but again, it must fit her for now. I'm sure 2017 she will get an upgrade as she has upgraded her skills and talent! I have absolutely no issues with it at all! :)

I like it. I'm surprised at Ashton being an alternate too but I'm happy for her. I'm gutted for Maggie but Marta basically said Maggie was never in consideration given her knee. And she pretty much knew this. She just needed a few extra weeks the team didn't have, and needed that amanar back which wasn't going to happen.

I'm not saying Gabby will repeat AA (or even have a chance to) but another Olympian fell twice on beam at trial and she went on to do pretty darn well. Carly Patterson. Nastia and McKayla Maroney also had crappy Trials before their Olympic years.

I also read that Marta was VERY emotional revealing the team because it was the most talent she's ever had to leave at home. She also said several times that it came down to bars, so it was Gabby vs. Ashton for the last spot. Gabby can contribute on more events if needed, and we aren't desperate for Ashton's extra bar tenths since Madison is going.

The question now becomes who we send for AA?

Do we typically only use our alternates if someone gets hurt? Or if someone is underperforming will they switch them?

Back