OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'll admit, during the trials process I wanted Gabby to smile. 1. She has an absolutely beautiful smile and 2. She was such a source of light during London, and I wanted her to find that again.

Maybe she never lost that light. Maybe instead of giving herself to every single person, she's decided to keep it inside. Maybe it's none of our business. I no longer care. I need her to medal on bars, and then go on to live her best life. I just need to know the brand of lipstick before she lives that life.

I think the big difference between the treatment wieber recieved vs. Gabby is the journeys were different for the both of them. Jordyn was the "it girl" everyone expected her to make it to the aa and win. Gabby had a less then stellar year leading up to rio and i dont think a lot of people expected her to even make the team.
Im sure she was slightly bitter simply because if it wasnt for the two per rule she would have been a force to reckon with. But it is what it is.
I think thats the main reason behind the scrutiny of gabby vs. Jordyn.

oh please you choose to pick certain part here and there out of my opinion and mash them together. I never said jordyn got a pass or i gave her a pass, i said their journeys were different and that jordyn looked the same way when she missed out.

i dont really get what your trying to get through with # 3. (i could take a stab in the dark, but i wont stoop down to that level)

ultimately i do love a good upset, im happy for usa gymnastics, but a small part in me wanted to see mustafina come in and take it all.....

now that gymnastics is basically over, swimming is almost done and womens volleyball is about wrapped up i probably wont follow the games to much anymore.

1. That is a pass. Being an "it girl" is not a pass and again Gabby, too was an "it girl"

2. And I'm getting at the same point other people have made. I'm not sure what you aren't understanding or rather how. Gabrielle Douglas has not been held to the same standard as other athletes and no "different journey" or reality show justifies the treatment

And what stab in the dark would you like to take and what level would you be "stooping down to".

No matter what Gabby does, no matter what those girls say in interviews, you still only manage make up some negative about Gabby and give "compliments" prefaced with something negative. It's strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. That is a pass. Being an "it girl" is not a pass and again Gabby, too was an "it girl"

2. And I'm getting at the same point other people have made. I'm not sure what you aren't understanding or rather how. Gabrielle Douglas has not been held to the same standard as other athletes and no "different journey" or reality show justifies the treatment

And what stab in the dark would you like to take and what level would you be "stooping down to".

No matter what Gabby does, no matter what those girls say in interviews, you still only manage make up some negative about Gabby and give "compliments" prefaced with something negative. It's strange.

and what point would that be..... you purposely pick apart what ive said over the course of the few post i made about the gymnastics section and thats you provocative.

you can move along now......

I've been a fan of Gabby since before London, but honestly, I think the least she could have done was look as excited and happy for Simone and Aly as Madison and Laurie did. Nothing against Gabby, I would say the same thing if any teammate had the reaction she did. I get people express their emotions differently, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and Gabby might have been upset, but I think you should always cheer for the winner, especially if the winner/silver medalist is your teammate.

and what point would that be..... you purposely pick apart what ive said over the course of the few post i made about the gymnastics section and thats you provocative.

you can move along now......

....so it's a comprehension problem. Okay girl I guess. Sure

I've been a fan of Gabby since before London, but honestly, I think the least she could have done was look as excited and happy for Simone and Aly as Madison and Laurie did. Nothing against Gabby, I would say the same thing if any teammate had the reaction she did. I get people express their emotions differently, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and Gabby might have been upset, but I think you should always cheer for the winner, especially if the winner/silver medalist is your teammate.

I think what we tend to forget is that for the most part, these athletes are focused on themselves, gymnastics is not necessarily a team sport. Sure they do practice in groups and compete as a team at the olympics, but at the end of the day each one of them is doing it for their own success as an Individual
I am not suprised at all, i have seen plenty of people not happy about the win of a teammember or gym member before, even in cheer. I am not saying she wasnt but i would not hold it against her or be surprised if she just wasnt. If those girls wanted to be Team Players they would probably not be in a sport like gymnastics

I think what we tend to forget is that for the most part, these athletes are focused on themselves, gymnastics is not necessarily a team sport. Sure they do practice in groups and compete as a team at the olympics, but at the end of the day each one of them is doing it for their own success as an Individual
I am not suprised at all, i have seen plenty of people not happy about the win of a teammember or gym member before, even in cheer. I am not saying she wasnt but i would not hold it against her or be surprised if she just wasnt. If those girls wanted to be Team Players they would probably not be in a sport like gymnastics
We just seem to scrutinize Gabby and some of the gymnasts a lot more than athletes in other sports. It's ridiculous double standard and simply unfair.
We should be criticizing true bad sportsmanship in these Olympics, such as the multitude of transgressions committed against the Israeli athletes. I firmly believe that when an athlete refuses to compete against another country's athlete because of political views they should be banned from the following Olympics and their team should face sanctions from the IOC.

Also we tend to forget it's the edited version. Maybe something happened prior to that or she did smile some other time.....maybe she was upset, of course she wanted to be in the AA but she was beat by Aly. It seems to be pick on Gabby sometimes. She was picked on last Olympics for her hair, this year for award posture. She's amazing along with all other Olympic athletes! Hope she along with other 4 get the gold on their individual.

And just cause she won the captain vote, doesn't mean it was unanimous. Wasn't it close between her and Simone? Makes me think it was 3 to 2... Maybe Aly voted for herself and only and 2 of the remaining 4 vote for her? ;)

When it was released, I remember seeing it reported that it was close between Aly and Simone. I can't remember where, but it sounded like it went 3-2.

I have a really hard time understanding why Gabby is continuing to be crucified here or anywhere else.

That said, I don't think it's possible to compare Mustafina and Douglas---you can compare their gymnastics, but there are certain stereotypes that are alive and well. And well, for Russians, have a RBF is kind of expected---I'd find it odd to see her as bubbly as Douglas was in 2012 for that simple fact.

Still, it's been 4 years and Douglas isn't 16 year olds anymore. I'm sure most of us were quite different at 16 and 20; why anyone would expect Douglas to be the same exact person is kind of weird.

I must admit, Gabby's tactic of grabbing exposure away from Simone Biles is amazing. I have read more about Gabby and what she is or not doing the past week over Simone Biles achievements... I see it, Gabby's actions are so calculated, from being the only one to not cross her heart on the podium to the interest in her lip color...No attention for Gabby is worse than the negative attention, she is now receiving...

I must admit, Gabby's tactic of grabbing exposure away from Simone Biles is amazing. I have read more about Gabby and what she is or not doing the past week over Simone Biles achievements... I see it, Gabby's actions are so calculated, from being the only one to not cross her heart on the podium to the interest in her lip color...No attention for Gabby is worse than the negative attention, she is now receiving...

I'm trying to figure out if this is written in sarcasm font....

I'm trying to figure out if this is written in sarcasm font....

Actually both, I believe, the public arena wants this drama that we feed into the slightest thing and read it as throwing shade... Gabby might be only expressing her own individuality, but some of her actions may be intentional too, particularly the lack of flag salute...I am pretty sure the USOC sent memo about it, so how could Gabby had missed that memo, and furthermore, it was highly impossible that Cap'n Aly forgot to remind her team and fully practice(saluting the flag) this with the girls too. HAHA!

Back