All-Star As The Season Closes Out - Are You Switching Gyms Or Staying?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IMO..I think a topic about changing gyms can only lead to negative drama.........:/

Oh I don't know...we managed to go 9 pages with that being the only negative drama--and it shouldn't even count since it made NO SENSE at all. Most people that are leaving seem to be at least trying to do it without a lot of drama. We're changing, but totally for financial reasons--we still love our gym, it just doesn't fit in with our finances.

i'm leaving. before this gym i was a gym hopper & then after trying out here i've stayed for 4 seasons. next year i'm not old enough for our open coed team & i'll be in college. I've been on the same level for 3 years now and i have no where else to go but else where. It's unfortunate, but I'm going back to my old ways of gym hopping.

On to the 5th one

My cp started cheering in 1st grade. We moved out of state her 4th grade year and there wasn't a gym anywhere near. We then moved back (but to a different city) for 5th grade. Still no gym but she was taking tumling lessons. The closet cheer gym was 50 miles away and I said "there is no way I'm driving 50 miles for cheerleading"!! The lady that gave the tumbling lessons started a squad and my cp joined. She not only did team, but did individuals for the first time that year. That is when I realized how much it really meant to her and how much she truly loved the sport. Being a small town, there is not enough interest so I knew this lady would never get a team above lev 2. So guess what.....yep, I'm driving almost 50 miles!!

Anyway, after having been to 3 different gyms with different coaches and coaching styles I really don't think I will change again. With every change you had to take 1 or 2 steps back to learn the new gyms style/expectations. My cp and I are honored to be where we are (we've watched them since she started cheering) and unless something terrible happens, we won't move again.

Just my personal opinion.

did i mention i'm driving 9o miles ONE WAY next year? & i'll be broke and in college, yeahp call me crazy

im staying at valley elite<3 i could never leave the people i cheer with. its like having to leave your family behind.

i'm OBSESSED with valley elite! your program is always so clean & entertaining to watch, completely jealous you're able to cheer there! not to mention the whole gym seems like such a huge supportive family

i'm really torn about it though. i feel guilty leaving my gym now but it's so hard to explain, i hope i'm making the right choice!
Are you still in HS or are you going to be on an international team? And just out of curiousity are you going to MA or CT?

Oh I don't know...we managed to go 9 pages with that being the only negative drama--and it shouldn't even count since it made NO SENSE at all. Most people that are leaving seem to be at least trying to do it without a lot of drama. We're changing, but totally for financial reasons--we still love our gym, it just doesn't fit in with our finances.

I understand....I am just jaded because of my personal experience....this has been a really good thread to tell the truth.....:)

I understand....I am just jaded because of my personal experience....this has been a really good thread to tell the truth.....:)

Oh I definitely agree. When it was first posted my first thought was "Oh dear...this can't go anywhere but DOWN" :) You never know on here--some of the most innocent seeming threads just go from 0 to UGLY in a matter of minutes.

Are you still in HS or are you going to be on an international team? And just out of curiousity are you going to MA or CT?

welll that's the problem. i can be a super senior if they want me to be because i'll be in college next year but i'm a young senior right now. & the MA gym is 2 hours away when the CT gym is about 50 minutes, but i feel like the MA gym would be a better suit for me? i'm tellllin ya i'm SO torn & confused ):

i'm OBSESSED with valley elite! your program is always so clean & entertaining to watch, completely jealous you're able to cheer there! not to mention the whole gym seems like such a huge supportive family

thank you so much! we really are such a family and i am very lucky to have found a gym like this.

welll that's the problem. i can be a super senior if they want me to be because i'll be in college next year but i'm a young senior right now. & the MA gym is 2 hours away when the CT gym is about 50 minutes, but i feel like the MA gym would be a better suit for me? i'm tellllin ya i'm SO torn & confused ):
Aww well good luck with whatever you decide! Are you going to a college that would change the distance?

ECE is awesome! i am sure you will be happy wherever you choose to go! (MA or CT)

Back