OT Attention Fellow Jews!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 18, 2009
I was given a reflection paper for my anthropology class about my religion and the beliefs. I need help! If anyone has any insight, please please please share it! I would rather get the insight of actual people than going to Google and getting my answers there! I am pretty good on the first and second parts, but the third and fourth part are really stumping me. Here is the assignment:
Answer the following questions about your religion.
1. Who is/ are the deity/ deities that are most important? If your religion is a monotheistic religion, be sure to mention and describe a few of the other very important figures who are spiritually special in addition to your god such as saints, prophets, bodhisattvas, etc. Describe their powers, what they look like and how they are pictured in religious texts, in statues, paintings, songs, etc. Hint: don’t tell me that your god is just God. Try to answer these questions as an outsider.
2. What are the major rules of your religion? State these as briefly as possible.
3. According to your religion, what is the reason for human suffering?
4. According to your religion, what is our purpose in living our lives? What must we do to achieve salvation? If your religion does not include a belief in salvation, what do you believe we must do to improve ourselves?
5, 6, 7, 8. Address the extent to which your daily life incorporates the things you mentioned above. Tell me SPECIFICALLY how well your real culture agrees with your ideal culture regarding your religious beliefs. I want to see specific examples of things you do and things you don't do, as well as the things you want to do more or less of to bring your life in line with your beliefs. Notice I am assuming that your real culture differs from your ideal culture.

Back