High School Basing 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 4, 2014
So our first day of UCA camp was today and we did some stunting basically extensions, but my hardest thing is when your bringing the flyer down and you have to like bump her up and then bring her down. Any Tips ?

- stay fierce

So our first day of UCA camp was today and we did some stunting basically extensions, but my hardest thing is when your bringing the flyer down and you have to like bump her up and then bring her down. Any Tips ?

- stay fierce
Keep your arms straight on the bump, squeeze and resist on the way down so it doesn't fall too fast. The big keys to a squish/bump down is the flyer staying over shoulders, knees and toes and squeezing and catching her own weight. You're at camp, if you have a question or are struggling ask the UCA staffers. That's what they're there for!

you must be talking about the whole "down-up" thing, I usually call them dips. So, when you dip, dip with your shoulders, or legs. Your arms must stay extended the whole time before AND during the dip. You basically just want to Squat/bend your knees and (depending on what you're doing)
  • Retake/squish: Bend your arms to slowly bring down your flyer as you turn your hands to their first position.
  • Cradle/Twisting dismounts: Throw, keep arms extended, and catch, high.

Back