All-Star Battle At The Capitol 2013 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

thats different im talking about the senior level teams.
And I witnessed many of those same girls (senior teams) showing good sportsmanship towards one another (both years). See your post kinda makes me feel like you're adding fuel to the fodder. As I mentioned in this thread already, I don't blame the actions of a few on an entire team and/or program. I'm trying to encourage good sportsmanship and I've seen many of these teams not "hate" one another in person, etc. I've seen them downright friendly and know a few of them to actually be friends w/one another.

Why would that be? I realize they only "exhibitioned" and I'm really not trying to pick them apart, but why score them on day one, then day two, they don't hit so it's no longer needed to record a score?
Probably. I mean, what's the point? It's not needed, they weren't competing anyway, so either they took them and didn't release them, or at some point they might have decided it wasn't worth it. Or they might very well have established they would do it day 1 as they had to be there anyway..

I'm referring more to adults on social media versus the athletes.
Oh I know. The nonsense 'adults' on my facebook get up to is RIDICULOUS..and I'm in my 20s. Can't imagine what would happen when they have KIDS..

Heck, I can think of a couple individuals in the cheer world (centered around one of our favorite hotbeds of drama) who I'm VERY glad I don't follow on twitter.

Probably. I mean, what's the point? It's not needed, they weren't competing anyway, so either they took them and didn't release them, or at some point they might have decided it wasn't worth it. Or they might very well have established they would do it day 1 as they had to be there anyway..
Sounds like you just described the scoring of the entire competition! Though those other teams were competing.

Sounds like you just described the scoring of the entire competition! Though those other teams were competing.
Battle very rarely hits my radar, although it tends to be very popular for east coast teams, particularly smaller gyms. I'm not familiar enough with the scoring to be too perturbed, as from at least the level 5 stand point, everything was pretty straightforward to me. It's 50/50, you hit solid and clean, you'll do well. The teams that seemed to win were the teams that did that. If you didn't hit clean both days, are you surprised things didn't go your way? Granted, I didn't see anything from other levels, so who knows on that front.

Actually, I don't think many at all..at least not like in years past.

There were several members of Lady Elite walking around with championship jackets prior to medium awards and other team names were noticed on some of the bags.

Anyway, Baffled at the Capitol fits this event perfectly!! Is there a shortage of judges this year?? The scores of so many teams did not make sense. Some teams that performed worst on Sunday had higher scores than Saturday!!!

There were several members of Lady Elite walking around with championship jackets prior to medium awards and other team names were noticed on some of the bags.

I think they were referring to senior 5 crossovers--like someone on both coed and lady elite. I'm assuming lots of girls on lady elite cross over to a junior 5 team as well.

its maybe only three or four girls on the same team going back and forth that have mentioned the whole thing that happened during batc between medium coed placing, etc. a few not so nice things were said, but nothing crazy.
it just continues to prove that maryland and cheer extreme hate each other. :rolleyes: yeah i think its ridic, but amusing all at the same time....

I dont think its fair to say these teams hate each other...while some want to point out inappropriate tweets..I also saw pics on instagram and twitter of reign girls with some of the cea boys posing for pics together.

Does anyone know if different judging panels judged both days..would make sense on the crazy scoring?

Back