All-Star Battle Under The Big Top Schedule, Teams, And Thoughts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apparently I went to sleep last night before all the drama went down and I didn't get to give my opinion.
So, I'll take this time to do so. :)

*echem*

I am a Senior Elite fan. They're my favorite team and always have been. However, in all honesty, they did not deserve a bid at THIS competition. Their routine wasn't complete. Their music wasn't the final cut. Basically to me it was like an exhibition - not ready to compete, just for practice. Now, don't take what I just said the wrong way. These girls have shown that they have SO much heart and dedication and they DEFINITELY deserve praise and acknowledgement for putting together a routine in one week and competing and hitting as well as they did. They are SO talented and I have no doubt in my mind that they will get a paid bid this season. That being said, Orange and Top Gun were on lock this weekend and proved to ASC that they were the teams best suited to represent the organization at Worlds. As someone previously mentioned, there were six teams competing at BUTBT that received globes last season, which inevitably meant that four teams would be disappointed. & You know what? That's life. One of the girls said it best when she tweeted that "Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war."

As far as the Twitter feuds go, each athlete, coach, and fan need to take responsibility for their actions and not repeat them in the future. It's as simple as that. Keep private conversations private, give respect where it needs to be given, be a gracious winner and a "good loser" (for lack of a better word, haha).

I'll close by saying this weekend was only the beginning. Congratulations to the teams that went home victorious this weekend and good luck to every athlete, team, and gym in the future.

Stay fierce. :fro:

Apparently I went to sleep last night before all the drama went down and I didn't get to give my opinion.

*echem*

I am a Senior Elite fan. They're my favorite team and always have been. However, in all honesty, they did not deserve a bid at THIS competition. Their routine wasn't complete. Their music wasn't the final cut. Basically to me it was like an exhibition - not ready to compete, just for practice. Now, don't take what I just said the wrong way. These girls have shown that they have SO much heart and dedication and they DEFINITELY deserve praise and acknowledgement for putting together a routine in one week and competing and hitting as well as they did. They are SO talented and I have no doubt in my mind that they will get a paid bid this season. That being said, Orange and Top Gun were on lock this weekend and proved to ASC that they were the teams best suited to represent the organization at Worlds. As someone previously mentioned, there were six teams competing at BUTBT that received globes last season, which inevitably meant that four teams would be disappointed. & You know what? That's life. One of the girls said it best when she tweeted that "Sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war."

As far as the Twitter feuds go, each athlete, coach, and fan need to take responsibility for their actions and not repeat them in the future. It's as simple as that. Keep private conversations private, give respect where it needs to be given, be a gracious winner and a "good loser" (for lack of a better word, haha).

I'll close by saying this weekend was only the beginning. Congratulations to the teams that went home victorious this weekend and good luck to every athlete, team, and gym in the future.

LOVE THIS:chestbump:

YESS i saw him! i think his brother used to be on georgia. haha he's soo pretty!
They're both on Wildjags this year! Matt's back as point dancer, and he coaches at ACX now too. He got his little brother into cheer, and now he's planning on trying out at South Carolina at then end of this year. =) And yeah, he is very pretty!

*echem*

Thank you for helping prove my point that not all member of the Teal Army are crazy. =) Us sane ones have got to stay together.

I really hope you don't let a couple of people's diarrhea of the mouth sour you towards our entire organization. We have around 900 athletes I believe, and even if it was someone who is well known (provided it's true), we have loads of athletes who have friends on many different Stingrays teams..and I even saw some pictures of them hanging out together for a bit yesterday on their fb (teams from Kernersville for certain bc that's the gym my daughter attends)
i hate to admit it but i was shocked how the girls were bashing top gun for their win. CEA is a great gym, don't get me wrong but i'm sure there will be people who will judge CEA based on what those girls said. those tweets definitely made me cringe because it was just terrible sportsmanship on those girls' parts.

Thank you for helping prove my point that not all member of the Teal Army are crazy. =) Us sane ones have got to stay together.

Of course :) There's comes a time when you have to sit down and realize that you, or in this case, your favorite team, is(are) not always going to win/be the best. & There's nothing wrong with that.

Now, if we could just get every person in the entire world to understand that, we'd be in good shape ;)

i hate to admit it but i was shocked how the girls were bashing top gun for their win. CEA is a great gym, don't get me wrong but i'm sure there will be people who will judge CEA based on what those girls said. those tweets definitely made me cringe because it was just terrible sportsmanship on those girls' parts.
To my understanding it was a back forth thing between both teams, both of which are unnecessary

Two wrong don't make a right ya know? I suppose the same can be said about the other athletes from TG and WC who behaved in a similar manner. I'm not condoning any of it by a long shot...so don't misunderstand me...but everyone has a choice on whether to walk away from it and be the bigger person.

Back