All-Star Best Excuses To Miss Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

....I guess I was too excited?

Can an Admin delete my duplicates please? Lol;

I cancelled practice for that crap. I love LSU but they didn't even show up to play. Bama played hard and deserved that win. The game was boring though. These two teams can't even score a TD against each other!

..... Roll tide.

But really. It's an hour of practice, ending at 8 est.
Only three people on my team travel more than 30 minutes to get home (myself included).
They would have missed maybe 45 minutes of the game TOPS.

It was a Sunday practice, the day of the Super Bowl, and there was only one person out of the two teams that practice at that specific time that didn't show up... His excuse wasn't anything involving not watching/missing the Super Bowl, yet he had to go to a Family Dinner? AND showed up to tumbling the next night and continued to goof around and not get any work done... Let's just say the coach sat him down and had a discussion whether or not he would be returning the next year...

I am not a coach just another parent but one of the parent's from my princess' mini team said her daughter would not be at the next practice because the mom needed a break from the daughter I was like what really its a 5 year old kid?

ROLL TIDE!!!! Bama played a fabulous game and put to rest all those wondering whether they deserved to be in the championship. I enjoyed the game just sayin'
I cancelled practice for that crap. I love LSU but they didn't even show up to play. Bama played hard and deserved that win. The game was boring though. These two teams can't even score a TD against each other!

Bumping this back up for a gem I got told today by a coach for a small college team.

Susie sends Coach a Facebook message: So so sorry I couldn't make it to training tonight but I had a really really good reason. Wait for it… I got a puppy! He can be our mascot!

I should add that the college has a spider as their school mascot.

In the 7 years my cp has been cheering, she has only missed 1 single practice. That was her 3rd year and her brother had a recital at school. Sorry but family is first. It just happened to fall on a practice night this time. Any other time we've been lucky and it was on a different night. She even made it to tryouts a week and a half after having her appendix out! She couldn't tumble but she made it! lol

I can honestly say my kids do not miss practice ever. Kayla who has been doing it going on 11 seasons now has only missed 1 practice due to a funeral. Fortunately my kids are not kids who get sick often.

It's so frustrating when athletes miss for unexcused reasons...

Seems like since Kayla has made senior level 5 more athletes miss than when she was on a jr team.

Everytime i hear this girls name i cringe...she decided to say the day before we left for worlds that her grandfather had died and she needed to attend his funeral the weekend of worlds. Upon hearing this our whole team shared our condolences while trying to figure out how we were going to pull off our routine. We wake up sunday morning to find pictures plastered all over facebook of her...at none other than PROM. Last time i checked a funeral did not resemble prom.

Thousands of cheerleaders miss prom to go to worlds. Deal with it.

Thankfully I have pretty committed girls/guys so most of the excuses I get for them missing are pretty acceptable! Some ones that made my jaw drop haha:

"I got hit by a bus/was in a bus accident and have injured my neck, back and face... But I'll be back at practice next week!"

"I just had to go in for a quick day surgery at the hospital today, but I'll be back ready to work hard tomorrow!"

Seems they took my standard start-of-season warning about expected committment and the classification of excused/unexcused absences pretty seriously! :p

"I can't practice *cough cough* I'm sick..." right....

"The drive is too far." -you live 5 minutes away.

"I'm grounded".....I can't stand this. Parents shouldn't hold their athletes away from practice as punishment. Come up with other punishment that doesn't effect the team, please.

"I had a wedding to go to today and missed school too." -I'd buy it, but your status says "school today was sooo lame"

Why would you want to miss practice? Competitions are won at practice, you being absent slows the teams progress. Not to mention your team is like your family...

Back