All-Star Best Gym Around San Antonio, Tx

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I did visit SA and take a trip out to Pinnacle in Helotes. It "is" farther off the road than it looks, but is still driveable. The gym is nice and they guy we talked (Jerico) to there says he went to ACF to help them start up that gym. The parents also seemed friendly, they had a snack bar, pro-shop, elevated parent viewing area, etc.

Permier Cheer was the closest gym to the base I was going to and was in my husband's grandmother's neighborhood (just 2 blocks over) which would have been great because it was so close to the base. The owners were very nice, gave my daughter a practice shirt and everything. The neighborhood is rough, not the suburbs we are use to. I feel the owner was great (very friendly, talked about his daughter, her private school ,etc -- we asked about local schools), but I didn't get a good vibe from the parents in the waiting room. The owner was out so we sat there for a good 20 minutes and I tried to ask the moms question (Like who do I talk to about my daughter joining?) and they just sat there and stared at me like they did not understand English and then just continued talking to each other in spanish. It is when we were walking out to the car to leave we saw the owner drive and got back out of the car. As a non-hispanic mom (who doesn't know spanish), I just did not feel I was going to be cofortable sitting among other moms who only spoke spanish in the gym. The night we were there, there was no diversity in the gym, although their website shows a little diversity. Don't get me wrong, my husband is 100% Mexican (5th Gen American), from SA, and speaks some spanish (but is not fluent), but it would be me at the gym all the time, not him. There were also signs all over the parent area (in English, not spanish) that all had comments and rules about not having parent drama and other rules. So, I think there must have been parent drama to have that many signs in one small area about drama and rules. Although my daugher is half-Mexican, she also does not speak spanish.

How cool! Did you come for a visit, is that how you decided? I'm literally on my way home from Houston where CP's level 3 team and our level 2 just took first place at NCA! Not sure yet how the other teams did...
I was there yesterday at NCA and I was very impressed by the Vipers teams. The routines were all so clean and entertaining. My coaches are good friends with George!

I was there yesterday at NCA and I was very impressed by the Vipers teams. The routines were all so clean and entertaining. My coaches are good friends with George!

Thanks! We like to think we're clean and entertaining, too ;) What gym are you from? George knows how to make our girls work!

Back