All-Star Biggest Fear In Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I mostly worry about my CP getting seriously injured,

On a smaller scale, I also worry sometimes about her getting a deduction that costs her team a title..

dropping a stunt at nationals/worlds. And backing college baskets when they're new to the flyer, I hate it cause I have to like pretend I'm confident so the flyer doesn't get scared but I'm secretly petrified haha

My biggest fear this year is not making my college team. I had to take a year out while I was in America and couldn't get the confidence to go to the local open gym so I'm worried I've lost a lot of my skills. I've worked on stretches and jumps but I'm dreading that first practice and getting back in to the air in case I can't keep up with the flyers from last year since I know they've all improved so much. If I can't fly then I don't think I'll make the team since I'm an awful base. I have a bone out of place in my wrist and basing hurts so much. I can't even tumble because running tumbling is too much pressure on my wrist. So basically, if I can't pick up all the skills I used to have again quickly then I don't think I'll be cheering in my senior year :(

biggest fear is letting my team down.
Hurting myself
& oneday deciding i dont love this sport as much as i did before.

honestly, now that you mention it, believe it or not, nothing about cheerleading scares me at all. knock on wood haha. i mean, i've pretty much ran the gammot of things, flying, basing, collegiate baskets and pyramids, tumbling, janky tumbling, oh dear god who allowed her to throw that tumbling, falling, james bond rolling to save my life, you know, the works :D I just don't really think about it I guess. the moment you start thinking is the moment everything goes downhill. I'm not just talking skills either. performing too. I used to get scared poopless to perform when i was an allstar. like to the point where i would make myself sick, and I even questioned why I did it if it got me so worked up. I was so afraid of messing up that I wasn't able to truly enjoy it-until after I was off the floor. now that i'm in college? I stopped thinking so much about it. like literally, that's all I did. right before I performed, I say my own little prayer, remind myself how much I love what I do, and how fierce I am :) that seems to do it, i had BLAST competing at uca college nationals this past year. I cant even describe to you the feeling. it was even better than NCA allstars, even better than worlds. literally, (yes im going to quote the perks of beinga wallflower) and in that moment, i swear we were infinite.

:)

Back