All-Star Board Was Down

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know this doesn't have to do with the board being down, but sometimes I get some strange ads showing up on fierceboard. Right now the one at the top of the page is "We don't like Young Men! We Want You!" And women are sitting and dressed seductively. I've had a recent influx of spam email with similar topics. Do other people see that ad or is it my computer that's drawing those kinds of ad? I'm not techie, which is probably obvious by this post. :confused:

I know this doesn't have to do with the board being down, but sometimes I get some strange ads showing up on fierceboard. Right now the one at the top of the page is "We don't like Young Men! We Want You!" And women are sitting and dressed seductively. I've had a recent influx of spam email with similar topics. Do other people see that ad or is it my computer that's drawing those kinds of ad? I'm not techie, which is probably obvious by this post. :confused:

i will look into it. thank you for the heads up

I see an ad for Amazon! Sometimes I see Pizza Hut!

OK I believe it is fixed now. I had turned them off for normal sites, but I guess I left mobile on? Hopefully should be fixed. If Not, please right click on the ad, copy the link, post in support, and tag me and I can take care of it.

All my ads are based on stuff I've been looking up recently- clothes, my first credit card, etc.

Some I get and I have ZERO clue why. But at least I know that half the time, the internet is stalking me.

All my ads are based on stuff I've been looking up recently- clothes, my first credit card, etc.

Some I get and I have ZERO clue why. But at least I know that half the time, the internet is stalking me.
those are called cookies. the internet tracks what you search and where you visit, then bases search results and ad data from it.

those are called cookies. the internet tracks what you search and where you visit, then bases search results and ad data from it.

It also does a scan of each thread and presents an ad that is most likely the most relevant to what the discussion is about OR what you have looked at recently.

Back