All-Star Ca Charlotte Is A Thing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's really hard to imagine, I'm sure, but the "name" didn't become a "name" because it was inferior. Trophies and Jackets aren't what defines every program. And it should never be a sole reason to choose one gym over another. Some things that to me are more important than a jacket or trophy: my child's safety, my child's progression, my child's happiness, my child's stress level, quality coaches, and a gym that's not catering to Susie's mom.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Amen to this! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Do people think when Frisco was opened it didn't affect other programs in that area? Or even the Austin location? Cuz it sure has. Austin Cheer Factory when from 8 teams I believe to 3. They know kids will leave and come be apart of the name and same will happen in Charlotte.

I'm trying to get one of the "Keep Frisco purple" shirts from Express. Anyone know where to get them? I know it is supporting their community service, but it's ironic it came out right when the new location was announced there.
If anyone is selling them please hook me up!

Same. The closest thing to those that's by me is 7-11, but most of the food they have is of questionable freshness. There's also no alcohol sold in grocery stores.

You can't buy alcohol at PA Grocery stores either. You have to go to a beer distributor for beer/wine coolers, liquor store, or you can purchase a six pack at a bar and leave with it. Now they are changing the rules to allow you to buy single cans and small packs in grocery stores but I don't know when that will be the norm.

Also Raising Cane's Chicken... I ate at one in Charleston last week. Amazing. I'm sure you Southerners know what it is but I was in chicken heaven.

It's really hard to imagine, I'm sure, but the "name" didn't become a "name" because it was inferior. Trophies and Jackets aren't what defines every program. And it should never be a sole reason to choose one gym over another. Some things that to me are more important than a jacket or trophy: my child's safety, my child's progression, my child's happiness, my child's stress level, quality coaches, and a gym that's not catering to Susie's mom.

If this were any other program we were discussing, I would have said that no, people do choose them because they're a winning program. My first thought was, No. When people find out they're moving to Dallas, their first reaction is excitement to go to CA. Because they win and people want to be part of that.

But I think CA has as much of a name for other things that I think they are one of two programs I would say people go to specifically for the reasons you just listed, not the jackets and rings. (Top Gun would be the other).

Not sure if this made sense...

I am not looking to discuss Wawas, just a simple comment ??? :0

My post wasn't about you... There were FOUR pages about Wawa before your post. And three other threads.

You can't buy alcohol at PA Grocery stores either. You have to go to a beer distributor for beer/wine coolers, liquor store, or you can purchase a six pack at a bar and leave with it. Now they are changing the rules to allow you to buy single cans and small packs in grocery stores but I don't know when that will be the norm.

Also Raising Cane's Chicken... I ate at one in Charleston last week. Amazing. I'm sure you Southerners know what it is but I was in chicken heaven.

one of the Giant food stores near me has this, and create your own six pack now. slowly but surely.

I think what CA in Charlotte will do is A) Bring more competition and B) Force everyone to consider how they place their lower level teams. CEA/CA (I know little about CAC's gym structure) have two radically different approaches to lower levels (CA you must be VERY well rounded to compete at a level, and CEA often 'competes up' to give the kids something to strive for). It will be interesting to see how this affects everyone in the next 2-3 seasons.

Add Alaksa to that list. No alcohol of any kind may be sold in any store other than a liquor store. And they have villages that are completely dry- as in it's illegal to possess and/or consume any type of alcohol- including homemade- and I believe they have a law banning "free drink" specials (like ladies drink free on Wed night for example).

I remember when one of my Alaskan friends came to visit me here he took a picture of beer/wine inside Wal-Mart as well as regular grocery stores bc he'd never been out of state in his life, lol. Everyone wondered what in heck he was so giddy about. I had to preface his picture taking with "No, I swear he's not taking random pictures of people for peopleofwalmart.com"!

We pass a school on the way to the gym called Beaver School. It is an elementary school. I don't know why, but their mascot is a hornet.

I normally read the entire thread before I comment but I'm only on page 12 and with the exception of the food posts that have now made me crave BBQ am seeing way too much shade from some bitter TX folks. Yes, CA has great lower level teams. CEA does too, but they have more than once said that their lower levels are not as competitive as some of the sandbagging teams that keep kids at the same level for 2+ years in a row, because they strive to move their kids up at least one level/year. Not such a bad plan if you ask me since CEA has over 200 kids stepping on to a Worlds mat this weekend, and CA probably has that many if not more.

I normally read the entire thread before I comment but I'm only on page 12 and with the exception of the food posts that have now made me crave BBQ am seeing way too much shade from some bitter TX folks. Yes, CA has great lower level teams. CEA does too, but they have more than once said that their lower levels are not as competitive as some of the sandbagging teams that keep kids at the same level for 2+ years in a row, because they strive to move their kids up at least one level/year. Not such a bad plan if you ask me since CEA has over 200 kids stepping on to a Worlds mat this weekend, and CA probably has that many if not more.

I think both programs have 8 Worlds teams, so there isn't a big difference in the total number of Worlds-caliber athletes that each system produces. I don't think either philosophy (relatively low or relatively high standards for making L1-4 teams) makes a big difference in how many total athletes you end up with, or how fast an athlete is ultimately ready to be on a medal-contending team. There are strengths and weaknesses to each method, I think.

I've been in Charleston for a year and a half and I've never been to Raising Cane's. I asked someone about it once and they were like "Oh...Local people don't eat there".... and I was like "Shut up". Then I forgot about it

I might try it for lunch today

lets not let facts get in the way of good mud slinging. I agree with MsTealToYou... it is a double standard when it comes to "business practices". CEA is "dirty", or "shady" when they open a gym near another gym in the state. Lets not acknowledge the fact that we (CEA) had over 80 athletes driving the 2 hours to get to K-ville (many for level 5 teams). With that many driving, why not open another gym and allow us to get closer to fielding a team in all the worlds divisions? But that is shady, and we are clearly "stealing" athletes. Success "recruits" or "steals" athletes... all we offer is an open door to whomever wants to join the family. There is a prevailing narrative amongst some of the other gyms in our area about how AWFUL the Popes are as people and coaches... then we get a few kids in from those gyms, and all we hear from them is about how wrong everything they were told was. About how they were openly lied to by their old coaches about CEA. I could put you in contact with at least 20 right now who have left some of our closest (proximity-wise) competitors... and they are a part of the army now... sold out... because they see how it REALLY is in the gym. I have seen MANY of these other gym owners show their rear ends to former athletes and other gym owners, but I have never once seen my gym owner do it. But she is the "shady" one.... RIGHT.

The fact that you add One United to this list just makes me laugh... you are clearly one of the (VERY predictable) group of people who spew HATE at everything CEA does, or you just dont know that whole story.

Is this real life right now? As a member of One United, noone is spewing any hate towards CEA. Especially since my athlete has no ill feeling towards CEA and has many friends who cheer at multiple CEA locations. Also, being close to the owners I can say that as shady as it was for CEA to open a location 5 doors down from our facility we still dealt with it with class and continued pushing on giving Lake Norman its first worlds team ever. So, i think you should think twice before you state untrue things within this cheer community.

I've been in Charleston for a year and a half and I've never been to Raising Cane's. I asked someone about it once and they were like "Oh...Local people don't eat there".... and I was like "Shut up". Then I forgot about it

I might try it for lunch today

I'm from the North so all southern food that is remotely good tastes amazing to me. If you don't enjoy it, I will take full blame.

Back