All-Star Cali Fires...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheermommaRN

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Is anyone keeping up with the huge fire in San Marcos? It's being passed around social media that it is literally across the freeway from the Cali San Marcos gym. Tannaz has been posting pics but I'm not familiar with the area.
Edit: Areas of Carlsbad are now being evacuated.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last edited:
wow... it looks rather dire :( from The CA facebook page - four hours ago

SAN MARCOS GYM ALERT: The fires have spread all over North County. For the safety of our families and athletes, we are postponing the FINAL day of San Marcos tryouts to tomorrow, Thursday May 15.

Age 5-8 4pm
Age 9-14 5pm
Age 15 and up 7:30 pm

Please share this status so the message is out! Our thoughts and prayers to everyone in OC and North County!

My friend's from Carlsbad and she got home and has to stay in a hotel for the night. She's saying that the evacuation got lifted and it wasn't as horrible as it has been in the past.

We just had a fire where I live but I live on the central coast of Cali..My thoughts and prayers are with everyone

My dad lives in San Diego. He texted me today saying that they are fine (near the beach) but all schools are closed.

It has been pretty bad here. There were 8 fires going at one time. Many, many Cali athletes and coaches and their families have been evacuated. At one point freeways were closed as the fire jumped the 15. The humidity is very low and the winds were very high. Please pray that it all ends soon. Some fires are under control and others are not. It has been a very scary time.

Is anyone keeping up with the huge fire in San Marcos? It's being passed around social media that it is literally across the freeway from the Cali San Marcos gym. Tannaz has been posting pics but I'm not familiar with the area.
Edit: Areas of Carlsbad are now being evacuated.

The fires have become a serious threat in San Diego County. Lots of property at risk and potentially very dangerous. Lots of hot, dry wind fueling fire. And yes, it's near the San Marcos a Gym.

The fires have become a serious threat in San Diego County. Lots of property at risk and potentially very dangerous. Lots of hot, dry wind fueling fire. And yes, it's near the San Marcos a Gym.

Just read on FB that the fire is right across the freeway from the San Marcos gym! My CP is home in Phx now but is so worried about her teammates, parents and coaches. Please pray for everyone there.

I just read this morning that the Carlsbad fire is about %60 contained but the San Marcos is 0% contained at this point. :(

Prayers for the Cali families and residents in general.. I hope they can contain it soon and it stays away from any houses, etc.

this dry weather isnt helping. this past couple of weeks have been the driest two weeks of the year, from what i experienced bike riding here in orange county. it also doesn't help that the high today, for san marcos, was 100F. its still 95F right now.

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP!
(Saw this posted on twitter & tumblr) If you're in the area & if you can, please drop off gatorades, water bottles and cliff bars at your local fire station. The fire fighters have Ben working round the clock and really appreciate the help rating hydrated.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || MEOW

Back