All-Star Camp Woodward 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 1, 2011
CP got what she wanted for Christmas this year. 2 weeks at Woodward! Brochures, rates and dates are out- who else is going?

My daughter is going week 2 & 3. There is another thread bumped yesterday about it, but it doesn't show in the main all star forum but is searchable.

How old is your daughter? Mine will be 9. She went last year for week #3 and wanted to stay for 2-weeks this year.

My daughter is going week 2 & 3. There is another thread bumped yesterday about it, but it doesn't show in the main all star forum but is searchable.

How old is your daughter? Mine will be 9. She went last year for week #3 and wanted to stay for 2-weeks this year.
My CP will be 11 this summer. He went by herself last year for week 5 ten back with her team week 9. This year she will go for 2 consecutive weeks (to be decided later). The earlier weeks probably will not work for us as we live in the Northeast an school will likely go through the end of June ;)

Yes, the Northern schools get out later. We are in Florida so we get out early. That is one reason I like the earlier weeks is because it "think" it has a lower attendance (but I could be wrong). I just don't want her to get lost in the crowd on the higher attendance weeks. Plus our gym does Choreo in early July. She went last year for 1 week and asked to stay 2 weeks this summer. She had a blast last summer!

I have a few kids that are considering going to Lake Owen in Wisconsin. Has anyone been to this one? Just wondering if people liked it or felt like it was worth it.

I looked at it and considered it. The lake seems nice and it is overall lower price than Woodward, however, there are less recreational activities. I guess it depends on what the individual is looking to get out of it, some may plan to be in the gym over recreational activities. If you live closer to Lake Owen, it also makes sense. We live in Florida, so either way we have to fly there.

I am sure it would be a blast for the kids.

I went to lake Owen a few years ago and although it was a ton of fun I would not recommend it for anyone wanting to seriously work on cheer. The coaches were gymnastics coaches and did not know much about cheerleading. I think the main focus of the camp is on gymnastics. If your kids are just looking for a fun camp and don't care that much about gaining new skills that week than I'm sure they would enjoy it.

Last year when I was researching Camp Woodward before deciding to let my daughter go, I found these videos from a show called "In Your Neighborhood." Good videos for "parents" like me. Talks about the history and vision of the camp.

Camp Woodward Part 1

Camp Woodward Part 2

Camp Woodward Part 3

I have a few kids that are considering going to Lake Owen in Wisconsin. Has anyone been to this one? Just wondering if people liked it or felt like it was worth it.
I went last summer and I loved it! I'd say its worth it but only if you want to get new skills and work hard :)

Back