All-Star Champions League 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'll never understand this. Teams on the east coast hate going to west coast (LA or Vegas) for competitions because its "soo far and soo expensive"... What about all us west coast teams? We make multiple trips to the east coast each year. We just accepted the fact up here that no big competitions will happen here....

West coast has to travel east just because of the much larger number of teams in the US from Texas to the east coast.

The Fierce Board: every screen name comes with a gift card to start a new gym!

I'll never understand this. Teams on the east coast hate going to west coast (LA or Vegas) for competitions because its "soo far and soo expensive"... What about all us west coast teams? We make multiple trips to the east coast each year. We just accepted the fact up here that no big competitions will happen here....
I never said "it shouldn't be on the west coast!" I agree it should move around.

I'm just simply stating it may be a factor for why gyms didn't choose to add it if they didn't have to. The folks I know booking it have found LA to be significantly more expensive than Vegas was. That's probably the same reason some west coast teams included this year chose not to be included when it was in Atlanta.

Contemplating witty signatures since 2011

I don't remember who they were outside of swoosh but the bottom 4 from 2014 only get to come back if they do the play in thing. I'm thinking warriors might've been one of those four and just decided not to make the trip given what I'm hearing LA is costing from the east coast.

Contemplating witty signatures since 2011
Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks! (I don't know how I feel about that bottom 4 thing... Warriors- and Swoosh, although they don't exist anymore- have always been entertaining, talented teams that I look forward to watching. Even among the most elite teams in the country, somebody always has to lose. Plus every year the teams have different people and different routines. It's dumb to me take the new teams chances away because of how the old teams performed, but I guess that's their way of keeping new blood or something.)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Kris, it is easier for the West Coast teams to travel to the East Coast, not because we have many more competitions and teams but it is much easier for planes to travel to the East Coast due to the jet stream most of the competitions are placed in the East Coast to benefit the West Coast teams- when the planes are flying east, the wind blows from behind given your a smooth flight and you suffer less from jet lag, but when the teams that come from East Coast have to fly West, the plane is force to fly into a headwind and it takes us a lot longer to get to the West Coast and we suffer greatly from jet lag, which put us at a disadvantage when we compete on the West Coast... This is a fact, if you look at the statistics of NCA winners, why you think most of the winners are from the West Coast - The East Coast athletes are suffering from jet lag!... Yes, so really it is not the big competitions and the number of teams in the East Coast that dictates why all of the competitions are here, it is really the jet stream that dictate why the West Coast teams should travel to the East Coast, we really are looking out for the health of your athletes, Okay feel better, whew, I can breath easier now that I got that big secret off my chest!:p

Kris, it is easier for the West Coast teams to travel to the East Coast, not because we have many more competitions and teams but it is much easier for planes to travel to the East Coast due to the jet stream most of the competitions are placed in the East Coast to benefit the West Coast teams- when the planes are flying east, the wind blows from behind given your a smooth flight and you suffer less from jet lag, but when the teams that come from East Coast have to fly West, the plane is force to fly into a headwind and it takes us a lot longer to get to the West Coast and we suffer greatly from jet lag, which put us at a disadvantage when we compete on the West Coast... This is a fact, if you look at the statistics of NCA winners, why you think most of the winners are from the West Coast - The East Coast athletes are suffering from jet lag!... Yes, so really it is not the big competitions and the number of teams in the East Coast that dictates why all of the competitions are here, it is really the jet stream that dictate why the West Coast teams should travel to the East Coast, we really are looking out for the health of your athletes, Okay feel better, whew, I can breath easier now that I got that big secret off my chest!:p
Hmmm never knew that - interesting facts! I still think it is in no way easier. West coast teams lose 3 hours coming to the east coast. I would imagine that takes a toll and makes it just as difficult if not more so for west coast teams to travel east. It is my understanding there are far more gyms on the east coast which is why the east coast has more competitions.

Proud supporter of the IBFC since 1997

Hmmm never knew that - interesting facts! I still think it is in no way easier. West coast teams lose 3 hours coming to the east coast. I would imagine that takes a toll and makes it just as difficult if not more so for west coast teams to travel east. It is my understanding there are far more gyms on the east coast which is why the east coast has more competitions.

Proud supporter of the IBFC since 1997
I was only kidding and was just using some scientific facts about jet stream and flying-
being sarcastic!

I don't understand why Orange wasn't invited... I mean, they are 8 time world champs.. They probably were invited but declined it for whatever reason since Peach is going. Weird.

I don't understand why Orange wasn't invited... I mean, they are 8 time world champs.. They probably were invited but declined it for whatever reason since Peach is going. Weird.
From my understanding, the only way you wouldn't get invited back would be to be in the bottom four. So everyone (minus those teams) who was there last year and isn't returning was invited and declined.

Back