All-Star Champions League April 2-3, 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm pretty sure our little youth 1 team out of a tiny gym in Alabama is going to go. We just received a full paid bid yesterday! Really excited to go back "home"!

Wait, what? Since when did this competition offer or require bids? Have I been living under a rock? (Don't answer that! Haha)

Wait, what? Since when did this competition offer or require bids? Have I been living under a rock? (Don't answer that! Haha)
I believe they offer bids, but I don't think a bid is not required to attend. I think it's new this year.

They did something similar last year. Our last gym marketed it as an "invitation/bid" to us. IMO it was to soften the blow of the additional $250 we would have to pay in addition to traveling to LA from the East Coast. As the season wore on, we realized that anyone could "play in" and that our "bid" really meant nothing. Maybe this year, the "bid" is actually paid and parents wont have to foot this additional fee.

Anyone else hear of the nuclear security summit taking place at the same convention center Thursday and Friday? Some received emails to expect heavy delays

It looks like there is also a side event/convention happening based out of the Grand Hyatt ,with even more events at the convention center. Talk about two different worlds, lol! FAQs – NIS 2016

They did something similar last year. Our last gym marketed it as an "invitation/bid" to us. IMO it was to soften the blow of the additional $250 we would have to pay in addition to traveling to LA from the East Coast. As the season wore on, we realized that anyone could "play in" and that our "bid" really meant nothing. Maybe this year, the "bid" is actually paid and parents wont have to foot this additional fee.
We only have to pay transportation and hotel costs. The bid paid all of the registration fees for the competition.

We live close enough to go to it, but driving into DC making sure we have seats etc... versus watching live from home and potentially making this a "team" event hmmmmmmm my girls would love to go. I will be upset though if I get in there and all the seats are filled with cheer bags and "saved".

if they're live streaming it, does that mean the movie is over? usually they keep those routines under wraps until the movie is released but that seems to defeat the purpose if there's a stream?

Personally, while fun for the kids, I don't think the movie should have gone on passed the first one, but to each their own. I get it from the kids point of view.

I am back to being excited about this event :) I just broke out a new highlighter color to highlight FBer's cp's teams (I get way too excited when I get to highlight) and it hit me, how fun it is going to be to cheer everyone on and finally meet everyone!
There's a reason we get along so well. [emoji23]

Does anyone know what day 2 is all about? Are levels 1-4 going in reverse order of placement from day 1 and that's the reason no teams are listed for day 2 time slots? Also, does anyone know if the finals on day 2 is for the entire division? Small and large are broken down on day 1, but on day 2 it just lists the level.

Back