All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@kristenthegreat this is my pet peeve now that it's all over. Knowing that teams fell, I highly doubt they will show that in the actual film. It's gonna be so edited that I can't imagine how this is gonna be 2 hour film. Which makes me think the majority of it will be fluff and 30 minutes of it will be actual competition. I would love to be proven wrong but I just can't see that happening.
Plain and simple it was set up to be purely a money maker, or at least it's gonna try to. Cause anyone who is truly into the sport isn't gonna wanna watch all the extra crap.

@kristenthegreat this is my pet peeve now that it's all over. Knowing that teams fell, I highly doubt they will show that in the actual film. It's gonna be so edited that I can't imagine how this is gonna be 2 hour film. Which makes me think the majority of it will be fluff and 30 minutes of it will be actual competition. I would love to be proven wrong but I just can't see that happening.
Plain and simple it was set up to be purely a money maker, or at least it's gonna try to. Cause anyone who is truly into the sport isn't gonna wanna watch all the extra crap.

I would love to watch all the "extra crap" because many people of the cheer industry were filmed/interviewed that are pure geniuses. Lots of the coaches/gym owners of the invited teams have been in the allstar industry for over 10 years (if not even all of them) and I would love to hear their wisdom and see the passion they have for this sport.

I would love to watch all the "extra crap" because many people of the cheer industry were filmed/interviewed that are pure geniuses. Lots of the coaches/gym owners of the invited teams have been in the allstar industry for over 10 years (if not even all of them) and I would love to hear their wisdom and see the passion they have for this sport.
True, but even that might not be in it... We just don't know.. I'm kinda surprised that haven't created a mini trailer for it, now that it's all been filmed.

Thirty teams competed. There are warmups, practice performances, final performances, awards and as @Emily said, probably interviews with athletes and coaches. They also filmed practices at the gyms beforehand from what I understand. That's plenty of cheerleading to fill up two hours! Why so negative? Like I said before, I don't know a whole lot about the competition because I don't think the EP or any parties involved were very clear with the public about it, but based on the caliber of the gyms/teams involved in this event and the reputations of the gym owners who helped create it, I would venture to say that it has potential to grow and improve, and that the intent behind it is truly to advance this sport by expanding its public exposure. I am feeling optimistic that the movie will fill in some of the information gaps and give some outsiders a real look into what this sport is about. Feel free to come back and say "I told you so!" if it's just two hours of red carpet and prom dancing, but I don't think that's what it will be!

I am hoping you are referring to the film being set up to be purely a money maker and not the competition itself like @Cheetahmom is implying. Like you, I have my reservations on what the movie will be, particularly if what I heard was true in that the movie producers had complete say on what will be in the movie, but I am hopeful that all 75 minutes of actual evening competition will be included, and I hope the remaining 45 minutes or so will be made up of something along the lines of 50% competition footage - warm-ups, the on-deck circle, perhaps even some footage of the judges and their discussions of teams,etc; 40% gym footage/coach/owner interviews - and 10% interviews and kids socializing from the Friday night event. I hope if the movie is a disaster and is geared more towards the pageantry and not towards the grit of competition, it doesn't detract from the actual event, because I thought the event was amazing, particularly for its first year.

Most people that are truly into the sport are probably not going to waste their $ and watch an edited version of the competition, they already know what happened from twitter. And the rest of the world still doesn't even know what all star cheerleading is so I doubt they'll be seeing the movie. So who's going to watch it? I'm not thinking its going to be a huge $ maker. As much as I wish people would see it and have an appreciation for the sport!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I am hoping you are referring to the film being set up to be purely a money maker and not the competition itself like @Cheetahmom is implying. Like you, I have my reservations on what the movie will be, particularly if what I heard was true in that the movie producers had complete say on what will be in the movie, but I am hopeful that all 75 minutes of actual evening competition will be included, and I hope the remaining 45 minutes or so will be made up of something along the lines of 50% competition footage - warm-ups, the on-deck circle, perhaps even some footage of the judges and their discussions of teams,etc; 40% gym footage/coach/owner interviews - and 10% interviews and kids socializing from the Friday night event. I hope if the movie is a disaster and is geared more towards the pageantry and not towards the grit of competition, it doesn't detract from the actual event, because I thought the event was amazing, particularly for its first year.

Aren't all competitions set up to be money makers? Let's not pretend that that's not the point of the Majors, All-Star Games, all Varsity/Jamfest events, and yes, probably Champions League. Probably Worlds too.

Most people that are truly into the sport are probably not going to waste their $ and watch an edited version of the competition, they already know what happened from twitter. And the rest of the world still doesn't even know what all star cheerleading is so I doubt they'll be seeing the movie. So who's going to watch it? I'm not thinking its going to be a huge $ maker. As much as I wish people would see it and have an appreciation for the sport!

I am. I don't mind spending $15 for the novelty of seeing cheerleading on the big screen. I'm going with a teammate - yes, we know the results, but we didn't get to see the routines. I also buy the VOD for Worlds. Is that a waste of money because I already know the results before the videos go up on demand?

Most people that are truly into the sport are probably not going to waste their $ and watch an edited version of the competition, they already know what happened from twitter. And the rest of the world still doesn't even know what all star cheerleading is so I doubt they'll be seeing the movie. So who's going to watch it? I'm not thinking its going to be a huge $ maker.

Not so sure about that given the number of locations that have sold out. They tweeted about several. For me I know one screen in Charlotte was sold out and as of last night a mom was buying tickets and fandango said there were only two left for another so she for those. The one the team is watching had to open another screen.

That's probably more true for metro areas but I do think there will be a good crowd in total going to the cheer night out.

ETA: and I was there and saw it all live, know the results and my checkbook says I'm deep into it...and were all going....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Aren't all competitions set up to be money makers? Let's not pretend that that's not the point of the Majors, All-Star Games, all Varsity/Jamfest events, and yes, probably Champions League. Probably Worlds too.
You are right. I wasn't clear in that I meant in the context that it was all about being political and the placings were fixed making money and screwing people over as one poster put it versus profiting by putting out a good product or service.

I am. I don't mind spending $15 for the novelty of seeing cheerleading on the big screen. I'm going with a teammate - yes, we know the results, but we didn't get to see the routines. I also buy the VOD for Worlds? Is that a waste of money because I already know the results before the videos go up on demand?
Not at all..I'm just giving you my opinion and I have also heard quite a few others state the same sentiment. I just don't think its going to be a huge $ maker as people think.

Not at all..I'm just giving you my opinion and I have also heard quite a few others state the same sentiment. I just don't think its going to be a huge $ maker as people think.

I agree. I would imagine the theaters where it's sold out are theaters where entire gyms or teams are going together. I just bought my tickets yesterday and none of the theaters were sold out.

Although I should have asked @quitthedrama where she's watching it!

I agree. I would imagine the theaters where it's sold out are theaters where entire gyms or teams are going together. I just bought my tickets yesterday and none of the theaters were sold out.

Although I should have asked @quitthedrama where she's watching it!
I thought about going out of. curiosity sake but my daughter can't go because of cheerleading and we both have seen most of those teams live this year and you can't beat that!

Nm. Too cranky today

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I wish this was done after worlds. I know everyone wants to say that worlds should be the high point of the season, but I feel like this had the potential to be the high point. It's a movie for crying out loud!! It's featuring some of the top teams in the country, taking us in their gyms, and watching them work as hard as they can. I think it's a great idea, and I've only heard positives about the competition from friends who went.

My local theater has sold out of 2 screens. We are in New Hampshire about 45 minutes north of the ECE Tewksbury MA gym. There are some other gyms in Massachusetts that have also sold out.

Back