All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My local theater has sold out of 2 screens. We are about 45 minutes north of the ECE Tewksbury gym in New Hampshire. There are some other gyms in Massachusetts that have also sold out.

I'm in MA and I didn't notice any sold out. But I guess I only looked at a few around me (Rever and Burlington)

I agree. I would imagine the theaters where it's sold out are theaters where entire gyms or teams are going together. I just bought my tickets yesterday and none of the theaters were sold out.

Although I should have asked @quitthedrama where she's watching it!
CPs' team is going all together to the theater in Lowell since it is closest to the gym. I bought tickets early so I have no idea if it is sold out or not.

Nm. Too cranky today

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
LOL I'm rooting for it to be success..I guess in this part of the country, there aren't alot of cheerleading fans..I hope the general public sees it and it helps give the sport the recognition it deserves..I guess I'm being a little negative but its my opinion

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I just checked the two local theatres where it is playing, one is sold out and one is not. It will be interesting to see what the numbers are for attendance on a nationwide level. The theatres that are showing it I mean.

I just found out its playing about 10 mins outside of my hometown (where CPs gym is located), which is a good hour from Cheer Athletics. I should look to see if its playing in the big city. My very young CP would not sit still long enough to watch it, but looks like some of the girls from our gym are going. I can't imagine its going to sell out at the theater its being shown at, since there isn't a lot of all star cheer action in that particular part of the metroplex with the exception of my gym. I can see it possibly selling out closer to where Cheer Athletics is located.

Anything that brings the opportunity to grow our sport is a positive for me. We are constantly looking to bring new people into our industry, and this has the potential to do that. How many non all star kids are going to watch this with their all star friends? How many of them may possibly join? Even if it's only a handful, that's a success to me.

Posted by request from Cassie Bienvenue from ECE!

Home from Atlanta after what was one of the best weekends our C5 and J5 kids have ever had! Having read lots of mixed reviews surrounding The Champions League, here is what stands out in my mind.....

Caliber of the teams - 30 amazing teams competed back to back in a 3-hour span. At Worlds or any other event, watching this would have taken several days and multiple arenas. Yes, there were some mistakes made by teams but they were minimal & when is this not the case! Best 3 hours of cheerleading I've ever watched live!

Pre-Event Planning - Every coach and gym owner involved in this league had the ability to be as involved or as uninvolved as they wished. Every aspect of the competition was voted upon by us & explained to us every step of the way. We had the opportunity to contribute our ideas and suggestions as each decision was made. This is something I've never seen happen before and it was by far the most refreshing aspect of the event for me. We were able to give input into the scoring system & our ideas were implemented. We were able to vote upon who would be chosen to judge the event, how the event would run, what additional perks would surround the competition, etc. In an industry where we are often simply dictated to, the entire concept felt empowering to us! Who would not prefer a democracy to a dictatorship!

Involving the Athletes - Prior to the CL, each team selected a "captain". These kids had conference calls just like the coaches & gym owners. Most importantly, they had the opportunity to contribute. For as long as they have all been cheering, I don't know that they've ever been asked by an event company what they want most in a competition. This time, they were asked and their suggestions were implemented! Most impressive is that when they were asked what kind of an award they wanted - they voted to give to charity rather than receive medals, rings, jackets, etc. Because of their pre-event involvement, they made connections and developed friendships with athletes from all over the US - not via social media but by actual conversation. People can knock the prom and the red carpet entrance but this is something they enjoyed. It was an extra and it did not take away from the fact that they all wanted to compete & hit routines the following day. There was a huge sense of community Friday night in GA & the memories that these kids made with their competitors & friends is something that they likely won't soon forget.

Scoring - An extreme amount of effort was made to get the scoring right & most importantly, to give the coaches absolutely every tool necessary to succeed. Whether you agree or not with the results, I saw more care at this event in furnishing coaches with the knowledge necessary to succeed than at all others combined. Here is why - prior to the event, we were given the chance to submit a video & script of routine. If we took this opportunity, we then received a complete breakdown of our difficulty scores prior to the event, giving us the ability to make changes, etc. Most importantly, no surprises!! Round One was scored for difficulty only. Meaning - all of the skills were counted, etc so that in the later round, judges could concentrate entirely on the routine being performed, execution of skills, choreography, etc. We personally loved this format and I saw very few coaches challenging skill ranges as we all knew exactly how we'd score going in. I can imagine that it made the jobs of the judges much easier as well and allowed them to fully concentrate on the routines being performed as opposed to counting skills throughout.

Logistically there were definitely some issues that arose but in my opinion, these are easily fixable for the future! I support this competition 100% and thoroughly enjoyed our time competing at the Champions League! I give Tammy Van Vleet, Tate Chalk, and Nfinity a ton of credit for not only putting on such a spectacular event but for putting some power back in the hands of the gyms! Big shout out as well to JR DjRizz Locklayer for editing all of our mixes for film! I cannot wait for Thursday#cheernightout!!

Well- it's currently set to run 2 hrs 30 minutes. If they show ALL the routines in full (not counting exits/entrances and crowd reaction shots), that's already 75 minutes of programming. Which means they have 1 hr and 15 minutes to show other stuff. Now, you have to imagine they're going to need filler/establishing shots, such as 'gym location' shots, 'comp venue' shots (to impress upon the scale of the event), the stage itself, which could take 5-10 min on their own if not more. Then, you need to introduce all the gyms/teams, how/why they chose 'Champions League', entering/leaving the stage, etc. That alone could take a half hour if each gym is given a minute or two. Granted, several gyms have multiple teams, so maybe it won't be QUITE a half hour. Then, if they do shots from warmups, different panels, INTERVIEWS from how warm-ups are going, the 'feeling' of the event....you can easily eat up all sorts of time with 'fluff', which they probably will as it's easy to either create drama/stress from without having to edit too hard on short notice.

I just don't see how you're going to fit much of interest to those of us who aren't 'already' in the know about these types of events, except for the parts we couldn't see due to lack of videos. You'll probably see the same talented people highlighted because the eye gets naturally drawn to them. Backstage stuff from many teams who we already see backstage shots from..

This is not to say it won't be entertaining- these are some fantastic routines. I just wouldn't go in expecting to see things I haven't already seen before- nothing more than good cheer. Can't see it either way- I've got other obligations.

i guess it just depends on the person.. personally i like the actual competing part, awards and maybe a little behind the scenes look at practices. other people might enjoy the more fluff kinda stuff, entrances, cl prom, interviews, etc. i guess its just a preference.

the movie theater down the street from me is playing it, but i aint paying that much for a movie ticket, so i guess ill just wait for all the inside info when others see it. worlds is in a few weeks anyways...

Back