All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'd be interested to know why they chose not to go but my assumption is they either didn't want to be tired for the competition or they didn't care for the idea the "prom". We will probably never know.

Smoed had a very early call time, for their run through the next morning - it was like 6:30am CALI time when they were performing on Saturday AM - as far as Stingrays it's my understanding that they were practicing, as many athletes were just returning from being away for Spring Break during the week.

it looks like instead of movie previews being shown, red carpet footage will be shown for 15 minutes prior to the movie starting.

posted on twitter.com/TheChampsLeague...

"If you want to watch the Red Carpet footage for The Champions League make sure to be in your seats at least 15 minutes prior to show time!"

i guess that leaves more time for comp and interviews.

@quitthedrama I noticed you mentioned they may show an insight on the judges. I think that'd be so cool to see what the judges do and what they talk about! I hope that's part of the movie even though I can't go :(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Just to clarify - I have no idea what will be in the movie, but discussion from the judges while they are judging is something I would love to see!

Most people that are truly into the sport are probably not going to waste their $ and watch an edited version of the competition, they already know what happened from twitter. And the rest of the world still doesn't even know what all star cheerleading is so I doubt they'll be seeing the movie. So who's going to watch it? I'm not thinking its going to be a huge $ maker. As much as I wish people would see it and have an appreciation for the sport!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
My theater is sold out and it's not even in a big cheer area. Maybe not a huge money maker (I have a feeling it'll still make a bit) but it sure got people paying attention to the competition. And isn't that what they want? More teams knowing about it = more teams trying to join "the league".
Twitter =\= seeing the actual routines! and I'm truly into cheer...

Got our tickets for the movie today. We weren't going to go because we already saw the routines when we were there, but I got curious to see what the finished product will look like. I'm excited. Cp has practice, but lots of kids on her team are going straight to the movie afterward. It should be a fun evening. I can't wait!

Noticed a couple of theaters in the DFW area have added showings at 10:30. I found that interesting since it is a school night and it goes 150 minutes.

o

I obv haven't seen the movie or the live comp, but compared to the videos I have seen so far throughout the season, Top Gun is amazing. Their routine is probably one of my most favorite coed routines I have seen since being introduced to allstar.

Most people that are truly into the sport are probably not going to waste their $ and watch an edited version of the competition, they already know what happened from twitter. And the rest of the world still doesn't even know what all star cheerleading is so I doubt they'll be seeing the movie. So who's going to watch it? I'm not thinking its going to be a huge $ maker. As much as I wish people would see it and have an appreciation for the sport!

I have to disagree. I think that people who are into All Star Cheer will be the very people going to watch the movie. I spend a lot of money and time attending competitions all over the U.S. I would love for those competitions to be condensed into a 2 1/2 hour movie that I could watch instead.

I've heard complaints from individuals that feel $15 is too much money to spend on seeing the movie. Especially when they already know the outcome. When I attend a competition I do so to watch the teams perform, not just to learn who won. This movie is no different. It makes no difference to me that I know who the winner is. I'm going for the experience and to be entertained by the movie's content.

And, I don't think the movie has to be a huge money maker for it to be a success. Success can be measured by the movie's ability to promote All Star Cheer. Or by it's ability to legitimize All Star Cheer to those who doubt cheer as a sport. I have confidence that this movie will only do positive things for the cheer industry. Will it make money ? Who cares ?

I have to disagree. I think that people who are into All Star Cheer will be the very people going to watch the movie. I spend a lot of money and time attending competitions all over the U.S. I would love for those competitions to be condensed into a 2 1/2 hour movie that I could watch instead.

I've heard complaints from individuals that feel $15 is too much money to spend on seeing the movie. Especially when they already know the outcome. When I attend a competition I do so to watch the teams perform, not just to learn who won. This movie is no different. It makes no difference to me that I know who the winner is. I'm going for the experience and to be entertained by the movie's content.

And, I don't think the movie has to be a huge money maker for it to be a success. Success can be measured by the movie's ability to promote All Star Cheer. Or by it's ability to legitimize All Star Cheer to those who doubt cheer as a sport. I have confidence that this movie will only do positive things for the cheer industry. Will it make money ? Who cares ?

If you're going to requote my post, don't twist my words around. I never said it wasn't a success for the sport of cheerleading. And I'm glad people are going to see it because if it doesn't make money, they won't be putting it in the movie theatres next year. I just haven't heard a huge interest where I live of people going to see it. I'm glad to hear it is sold out in some theatres. That's great :)

Back