All-Star Cheer Athletics And Woga

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 18, 2012
Yesterday I was watching gymnastics videos online and it was mentioned that the last two olympic champions are from WOGA (World Olympic Gymnastics Academy) in Plano, Texas. I decided to be a little creepy and mapquest how far it was between WOGA and Cheer Athletics and it is only a 20 minute drive. Since Cheer Athletics is obviously a very notable program in the cheerleading world, just as WOGA is to gymnastics, I am curious if anyone from Cheer Athletics could let us all know if you get a lot of gymnasts from WOGA coming to your program? I personally think that Texas is the place to be with two of the top programs in the country right next to each other! Thoughts anyone?

We have gotten several ex-gymnasts from WOGA. The training schedule to be competitive when you get to the upper levels is pretty insane. Some athletes burn out pretty quickly there and are looking for a different option. (That typically happens right around the transition to being elite.) Many also like the team atmosphere over what is essentially an individual sport.

Brittany Talbert was probably the most notable gymnast that migrated to CA from WOGA.

Reason number #85893 why I'm forcing my future husband to move to Texas after we get married.;) My kids are either going to train at the most prestigious gymnastics gym in the country or they'll cheer at a gym that has more titles than I can count on my hands and toes:)

My cousin was a level 9 gymnast when she switched to cheer. She was like 13ish. Maybe I was biased, but her fulls and doubles just always seemed so much more graceful and fluid than a "cheerleader double". Coaches would often pull her aside or tell her coach how gorgeous her tumbling was. If I ever have a child that cheers, I definitely want him/her to be in a tumbling class at a good gymnastics gym. I would probably die on the spot if that combo could be CA/WOGA.

Brittany Talbert was probably the most notable gymnast that migrated to CA from WOGA.

I miss her!!!!! She was my favorite panther of all time!!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Back