All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Am I missing something? There are four teams featured in the promo - so are they the only teams eligible? Or are all LAG L 5 teams that attend all three eligible? This whole concept seems like a silly idea to me especially if they don't win all three and still get crowned??

Those four are the only ones attending all three events.

You still have major comp. to consider like the All star games, Champions League, and The Majors. They are not part of Varsity.

Last edited:
I read it that there is a triple crown winner if one team wins all 3, and there is a different award that has the point system. @cacheerin4u brings up a very interesting point.
Gotcha.

Shows how much I know...but as someone whose kids have never won even a third of the the triple crown anyway it's sortof an academic question for me. No jackets in our house ;)

BlueCat How do you feel about the Triple Crown Championship. With World Cup, F5, Senior Elite, and Orange All attending where do Panthers fall in with Varsity Not Attending. I mean Varsity is putting a lot of money, marketing, time into promoting their Triple Crown Championship. But that means currently if Panthers aren't attending all three events and let's say perhaps they win NCA, which I hope and pray for, then there is no Triple Crown champion. Which I don't think varsity would let happen. Are ya'll considering making the 2 extra trips to cheer sport and NCA, or do you trust if Panthers are the best team of the Day at NCA, that they will sacrifice their triple crown champion.

Just some thoughts.

I'm not apart of CA but I can't see the Triple Crown Championship as something that CA would be jumping to be apart of - even if that means that Panthers are the only LAG that aren't doing it.

All those LAG teams you mentioned are east coast teams. Both Cheersport and UCA are east coast comps and I don't think CA has many intentions of going to the east coast that much. I think CA has spoken many times of how they are happy with the competitions they attend throughout the season. There are plenty of comps in their back yard, why not take advantage of them. I think they have also spoken on the fact that they aren't too fond of Disney World comps and that's what UCA is.

ETA: but hey, I'm not the owners of CA and they are free to make whatever decisions they want. I'm just not expecting them to follow the TCC based off of what they have said in the past. :p

I'm not apart of CA but I can't see the Triple Crown Championship as something that CA would be jumping to be apart of - even if that means that Panthers are the only LAG that aren't doing it.

It would take a pretty hefty incentive to get us to take those athletes to Orlando yet again in a season. Once a year is MORE than enough for most of the athletes and their families. Majors, Champions League, and other events are much more appealing for us than loading up a plane and spend that kind of time and money to see Mickey one more time. This is particularly true if our younger kids are going to continue to go to Summit. Unfortunately, some of them may be burned out on Disney before they even set foot on a Worlds team.

(NOTE: It isn't the logistics or production of the event itself. That is all fine I'm sure. It it the abysmal venue and the added cost of being on Disney property that throw the value equation so far off.)

Last edited:
BlueCat How do you feel about the Triple Crown Championship. With World Cup, F5, Senior Elite, and Orange All attending where do Panthers fall in with Varsity Not Attending. I mean Varsity is putting a lot of money, marketing, time into promoting their Triple Crown Championship. But that means currently if Panthers aren't attending all three events and let's say perhaps they win NCA, which I hope and pray for, then there is no Triple Crown champion. Which I don't think varsity would let happen. Are ya'll considering making the 2 extra trips to cheer sport and NCA, or do you trust if Panthers are the best team of the Day at NCA, that they will sacrifice their triple crown champion.

I don't believe they would "fix" the results to make their TV show work. I have disagreed with many a result, even at NCA, but I never thought it was actually "rigged". If we discovered that attending UCA was required "politically" to win NCA - that wouldn't cause us to send a team to UCA, that would cause us to pull all of our teams from all Varsity events forever.

Even though it is kind of weird given the way the real "Triple Crown" works, I think they will still award a champion based on points - regardless of whether the same team has won all 3.

Last edited:
Multiple athletes on some of the level 5s. They'll post "oh I just got (insert product name here) I love it! You can buy it from here (insert company name)"
We have tried to keep that under control as much as possible and have put some policies in place recently to make sure that those at least get run by us first. We don't want to limit the opportunities for the athletes, but we also have to protect our brand. In fairness to our staff, we try to help the athletes make good choices with social media, but in the end, no one can simultaneously control what hundreds of teenagers do every minute of every day.

FWIW - You would be surprised at how many sponsorship offers like this get turned down.

Do you have any examples of these types of things that have happened recently?

We have tried to keep that under control as much as possible and have put some policies in place recently to make sure that those at least get run by us first. We don't want to limit the opportunities for the athletes, but we also have to protect our brand. In fairness to our staff, we try to help the athletes make good choices with social media, but in the end, no one can simultaneously control what hundreds of teenagers do every minute of every day.

FWIW - You would be surprised at how many sponsorship offers like this get turned down.

Do you have any examples of these types of things that have happened recently?
Adding on, I just saw today that an athlete on Cheetahs posted about her new PBTeen bedding.

Adding on, I just saw today that an athlete on Cheetahs posted about her new PBTeen bedding.
At least PB Teen is a reputable brand and not some random phone app, which is what that bulk of the Instagram posts tend to be. Their stuff is actually amazing. I used their bedding for 5 years and it still looked brand new.

At least PB Teen is a reputable brand and not some random phone app, which is what that bulk of the Instagram posts tend to be. Their stuff is actually amazing. I used their bedding for 5 years and it still looked brand new.
So the brand/product being pushed is your line in the sand and not them possibly associating the CA name with endorsements?

So the brand/product being pushed is your line in the sand and not them possibly associating the CA name with endorsements?
Well, no. But it doesn't look like this endorsement trend is going away anytime soon, so I would rather see legitimate companies instead of some random app. I definitely think the amount of things they endorse should be scaled back quite a bit(or not occur at all) but that is up to the gym owners and what they are comfortable associating their name with.

Latest posts

Back