All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kind of an odd question, but do ever think you might outgrow in general, I mean once you get to the point where you have more then one team in a division, or has that ever been a concern.... I feel like CA has at least one team in every division at this point, or am I wrong?

Kind of an odd question, but do ever think you might outgrow in general, I mean once you get to the point where you have more then one team in a division, or has that ever been a concern.... I feel like CA has at least one team in every division at this point, or am I wrong?

IMO, the biggest limiting factor to our growth is maintaining quality, not necessarily the fear of competing against ourselves. We don't want to just slap our logo on a random gym to chase more short-term profit.

NOTE: We aren't opposed to profit - businesses need it to survive and grow. However, our primary goal is long-term success, stability, and quality.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Cheer Extreme X-Evolution events - but basically, they hold their own "competitions" between all of their various locations. i believe there are specialty awards and whatnot. I don't know the specifics.

If Cheer Athletics had enough locations to have an inter-program competition, would y'all ever see yourselves going this route? And/Or do you see the industry taking this route? with the mega gyms expanding and growing, we could end up in a place where there are 15 programs with 20+ locations each.. it wouldn't be a crazy idea to be your own EP, too.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Cheer Extreme X-Evolution events - but basically, they hold their own "competitions" between all of their various locations. i believe there are specialty awards and whatnot. I don't know the specifics.

If Cheer Athletics had enough locations to have an inter-program competition, would y'all ever see yourselves going this route? And/Or do you see the industry taking this route? with the mega gyms expanding and growing, we could end up in a place where there are 15 programs with 20+ locations each.. it wouldn't be a crazy idea to be your own EP, too.

Anything is possible, but I don't see us getting into the competition-producing business in the near future. We will likely continue the exhibition we do (Blue Debut), but turning it into a traditional competition is doubtful.

IMO, the biggest limiting factor to our growth is maintaining quality, not necessarily the fear of competing against ourselves. We don't want to just slap our logo on a random gym to chase more short-term profit.

NOTE: We aren't opposed to profit - businesses need it to survive and grow. However, our primary goal is long-term success, stability, and quality.
As a member of one of your expansion locations, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. I can't speak for anyone else (although I probably am) but for being 1000 miles away from the "mothership" Charlotte feels very much part of the CA family with how you've set up and supported (and brought us into) the CA family. I don't think many people involved here feel like we're just wearing the claw. I was honestly astounded at how much we actually get welcomed and accepted (consistently) as part of the family through social media, sister teams and especially competitions where all the teams support each other. Cp17 watched and cheered for every CA team at worlds on Saturday. And I know it meant a lot to Cp17 to have the panthers (their sister team) sitting on the floor next to them Sunday at NCA and cheering for them. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you require all athletes to wear the same shoe or do you leave that up to them what shoe they get?

We strongly recommend/prefer they wear Nfinity, but we aren't going to kick someone out of the program for wearing a different shoe. We do require that all performance shoes be all white. The vast majority of the athletes are in Nfinities.

Last edited:
We strongly recommend/prefer they wear Nfinity, but we aren't going to kick someone out of the program for wearing a different shoe. We do require that all performance shoes be all white. The vast majority of the athletes are in Nfinities.
If an athlete chooses the new Titans, which are high tops, would it be an issue to you with uniformity?

If an athlete chooses the new Titans, which are high tops, would it be an issue to you with uniformity?

I would have to see one in person on an athlete, but I don't think it would be an issue.

This isn't really all that important, just been curious since Worlds.
What was it that made the coaches of Panthers decide to take out the toe touch through to running double between day 1 and day 2? My assumption would be a judge's comment but I'm curious what the judges wouldn't have liked about it.

How often do you hire new coaches to be a part of your staff/how would one go about becoming a staff member?

This isn't really all that important, just been curious since Worlds.
What was it that made the coaches of Panthers decide to take out the toe touch through to running double between day 1 and day 2? My assumption would be a judge's comment but I'm curious what the judges wouldn't have liked about it.

I wasn't involved in that particular decision, but my assumption is that we were not being given enough credit for the difficulty/risk involved.

Back