All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We are aware of that issue. We have tried to get an answer from Squarespace, but have not yet gotten it resolved.

What is the CA policy on recruiting athletes during the supercamps you host?

I have 'heard' venting about an out of state athlete being recruited during your camp and I find that to be a ridiculous claim to say the least as something of that nature could possibly prevent gyms from sending athletes to your camps.

Eta oops. Missed the word 'claim'

"You're so vain, I bet you think this song is about you"

Last edited:

I have 'heard' venting about an out of state athlete being recruited during your camp and I find that to be ridiculous to say the least as something of that nature could possibly prevent gyms from sending athletes to your camps.

I wouldn't believe everything you hear. I can tell you that when Cheetahs were looking for boys they were very firm telling the kids not to ask anyone whos already on a team.

I have 'heard' venting about an out of state athlete being recruited during your camp and I find that to be ridiculous to say the least as something of that nature could possibly prevent gyms from sending athletes to your camps.

I saw the same venting...they followed with a comment that it wasn't "CA" but a coach. Even still, hard to send a kid to a camp and even risk them being recruited.

I highly doubt CA recruited anyone. I'm betting it went down like this...
"Wow Susie great tick tock! You could be on Cheetahs!" and it got twisted into...
"OMG Susie you are sooooo amazing!!! PLEASE leave your program and come cheer for us because we can't possibly survive without your skills!!!"

Seriously? CA recruiting? The Plano location has kids packed in like a clown car, maybe they need boys but their talent pool for girls with skills is quite deep.

I don't know whether the kid was approached or not, but the rant in question stated not only was the child asked, but was offered a host family. Now, could it be the kid blew it out of proportion...of course.

I have 'heard' venting about an out of state athlete being recruited during your camp and I find that to be a ridiculous claim to say the least as something of that nature could possibly prevent gyms from sending athletes to your camps.

Eta oops. Missed the word 'claim'

We have a policy against coaches recruiting athletes during camps. We want other coaches to feel comfortable sending athletes to our camps knowing that we won't take advantage of the situation. We also generally have a strict policy of staff not recruiting athletes that we know to be a part of another program. It is possible that it has happened, I supposed, but we try to minimize it if at all possible.

If true, we would love to know the name of the staffer that did it so that we can make certain it doesn't happen again.

It is also very possible that it is not true at all. Sometimes teenagers don't give 100% accurate versions of events.

I don't know whether the kid was approached or not, but the rant in question stated not only was the child asked, but was offered a host family. Now, could it be the kid blew it out of proportion...of course.

We don't offer host families. If that did happen (which I highly doubt), that coach was WAY off the reservation.

It may be that the athlete was trying to make themselves look good, or trying to make CA look bad.

I saw the same venting...they followed with a comment that it wasn't "CA" but a coach. Even still, hard to send a kid to a camp and even risk them being recruited.

Where did you guys see this "venting"?

I highly doubt CA recruited anyone. I'm betting it went down like this...
"Wow Susie great tick tock! You could be on Cheetahs!" and it got twisted into...

*cut for relevancy* ;)

Yes! This happened with my daughter. A coach at camp thought it was cute that my daughter is so small for her age and paraded her around for a minute. We've been joking about her moving to Texas to be on Wildcats ever since. Haha!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I guess if it was really aimed at 1 coach (whom I assume would be CA staff) there should have been no clear call out of a gym name to begin with.

If truth to it I would think contacting the program directly would have been more effective unless they were just looking for a reaction of sort which I guess is also possible.

"What, you don't even go here!"

Back