All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So they are used strictly as a liaison?
Impression I get which is good. We've had some that think they can do what they want and if they are well off think nothing of going overboard on spending and mandating what the kids need to have. Gladly I have seen those TM's get reigned in and booted from the position since it puts off families from returning.

Impression I get which is good. We've had some that think they can do what they want and if they are well off think nothing of going overboard on spending and mandating what the kids need to have. Gladly I have seen those TM's get reigned in and booted from the position since it puts off families from returning.

There is a rec league team (think pop warner, team cheers for youth FB) near me where a friend coaches. They no longer have team moms because a previous team mom was CALLING EXTRA UNAUTHORIZED PRACTICES ON THE WEEKENDS BEFORE GAMES.

There is a rec league team (think pop warner, team cheers for youth FB) near me where a friend coaches. They no longer have team moms because a previous team mom was CALLING EXTRA UNAUTHORIZED PRACTICES ON THE WEEKENDS BEFORE GAMES.
Hahaha I am so fortunate that I have never had to deal with crazy team moms - the gyms we have been at either don't use them or we have great ones and they only relay information and coordinate things for the coaches. I have heard horror stories though so this would not surprise me!

Hahaha I am so fortunate that I have never had to deal with crazy team moms - the gyms we have been at either don't use them or we have great ones and they only relay information and coordinate things for the coaches. I have heard horror stories though so this would not surprise me!
I would suspect that a program as big and successful as CA they would keep an eye on their TM's to make sure not making people uncomfortable with things going on.

I've seen the whole spectrum: no team parent, coach's voice, given a budget and free reign. Just was curious about CA's position since they're so respected.

I know at Plano they are called "team reps" and all communication goes from coaches through them. The quality of that communication is not standard...you can have an awesome one like our Bobcats mom was or one that waits forever to forward emails.
From what I saw during our Plano days was the team rep was just a liaison. I've heard stories that at other locations the team reps try to wield more power than they are pay graded for, but who knows...

My experience at Plano CA is exactly what @cheermommaRN described. We have a team rep which works as a liaison between the coaches and the parents. All team related communication is forward to us by the team reps. They are also in charge of organizing team bonding activities and spirit gifts. Believe me, if they get out of hand, the person in charge of all team reps will get them back in line real quick!!

Our team reps fulfill a very important role and are incredibly valuable. They are a liaison between the coaches/staff and the athletes and do many things. They do not have "power" in the way that some have described, but they definitely make a huge difference in how smoothly things work throughout the season.

My experience at Plano CA is exactly what @cheermommaRN described. We have a team rep which works as a liaison between the coaches and the parents. All team related communication is forward to us by the team reps. They are also in charge of organizing team bonding activities and spirit gifts. Believe me, if they get out of hand, the person in charge of all team reps will get them back in line real quick!!
Is the team bonding and spirit stuff included in the gym fees or is that an additional cost with an open ended budget? Our last gym had optional things and team reps tried to keep the pricing low per gym instructions.

Is the team bonding and spirit stuff included in the gym fees or is that an additional cost with an open ended budget? Our last gym had optional things and team reps tried to keep the pricing low per gym instructions.
Additional cost...but not an open ended budget. There is a set limit this season.

Sorry if it has already been asked, what are the level 5 teams for Austin this season? (I usually go back and read the whole thread, but this thread is huge!)

Back