All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would love a photo when you have a chance!
now I will say I did cut this shorter because it was too long. Pinups has an option where you can buy the hair yourself and send to them to create your ponytail. I bought 18" hair because I couldn't find her color in 12". Anyway I don't have a pic in the short hair but it looks great. They have a Facebook and instagram as well as a website and you can look at pics and price options too. I suggest practicing in it to get used to it
PhotoGrid_1449288633278.jpg

While certainly very efficient and practical, I'm not a fan of posh ponies and the likes... way too much teasing. But then, I also didn't like it, when people teased their own hair to the sky. It's just way too much for my taste.
But if it's required by you gym, then it's probably a really nice choice.

My question is:
Both of these brands say they come with a bow. How does one add the correct competition bow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question is:
Both of these brands say they come with a bow. How does one add the correct competition bow?

The bow is just an extra. It's not attached. You can put whatever bow you want. I suggest putting the bow on your child's hair then putting the pony on behind it because it's hard to get the bow over all that hair lolol

While certainly very efficient and practical, I'm not a fan of posh ponies and the likes... way too much teasing. But then, I also didn't like it, when people teased their own hair to the sky. It's just way too much for my taste.
But if it's required by you gym, then it's probably a really nice choice.
Yeah. Our gym requires the high tease and with my daughter's hair being mixed, any breakage from teasing literally will take years to grow back.

Thank you for post thia, more affordable than the other one for sure!

My daughters teammates mom makes these. I'm trying to find the right hair to match her right now!! Her hair is so thick and curly, it's very hard to get it "right" for comp. she borrowed one for our last competition and it looked great! Another mom put it in for me and it took about 5 minutes. So much better than the hour or so it takes to straighten and tease her hair!

My daughters teammates mom makes these. I'm trying to find the right hair to match her right now!! Her hair is so thick and curly, it's very hard to get it "right" for comp. she borrowed one for our last competition and it looked great! Another mom put it in for me and it took about 5 minutes. So much better than the hour or so it takes to straighten and tease her hair!

So she is this pin up pony person or she also makes them? I'm so looking for one for my daughter but don't have $250 right now. We need teased high with loose curls in the ends. My CP's hair is crazy thick and curly. So we have to straighten, tease then curl. Her poor hair.

So she is this pin up pony person or she also makes them? I'm so looking for one for my daughter but don't have $250 right now. We need teased high with loose curls in the ends. My CP's hair is crazy thick and curly. So we have to straighten, tease then curl. Her poor hair.

She is the owner of pin up ponies with a tease. They run I think $125-175ish

Sounds like your daughter has hair like mine. It's sooo difficult!

now I will say I did cut this shorter because it was too long. Pinups has an option where you can buy the hair yourself and send to them to create your ponytail. I bought 18" hair because I couldn't find her color in 12". Anyway I don't have a pic in the short hair but it looks great. They have a Facebook and instagram as well as a website and you can look at pics and price options too. I suggest practicing in it to get used to it
PhotoGrid_1449288633278.jpg

How much hair did you have to buy?

How much hair did you have to buy?
One pack. I recommend 100%human hair not synthetic if you are going for a high teased look. You cant use alcohol based hairsprays on synthetic. You have to get a special hairspray and it only has "light hold." You need the mega super freeze hairsprays for high teased and those will ruin synthetic hair. So while 100% human is more expensive, you can tease, curl, spray to your hearts desire lol

One pack. I recommend 100%human hair not synthetic if you are going for a high teased look. You cant use alcohol based hairsprays on synthetic. You have to get a special hairspray and it only has "light hold." You need the mega super freeze hairsprays for high teased and those will ruin synthetic hair. So while 100% human is more expensive, you can tease, curl, spray to your hearts desire lol

I am so all over this!!! I had no idea this was even an option! How long do they last do you think? Could I get several years out them or one comp season?

I am so all over this!!! I had no idea this was even an option! How long do they last do you think? Could I get several years out them or one comp season?

I'm not sure since we just got ours :)

Please find the closest black hair care store and ask one of their employees to help you out

You will save over $200...

Back