Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-Messy transitions. I love it when a moment just ''glides'' easily into the next. And if you have a long way to go, please walk/run in clean.
-Unflexible flyers. Non of the flyers on my team is flexible, but many of the bases and backspots are.
-Badly done makeup and hair.
-To flashy uniforms. Keep it clean, please.
-Black cheershoes.
-Coaches who favorities some athleates on the team.

-Freaking out when you know you won before your name is called
-Flexed feet in jumps and heelstretches
-Double bouncing before jumps
-Bent legs in tumbling
-Heelstretches that are out to the side
-Bases who base far apart
-People who take competitions as vacations

-when stunt groups just let their flyer fall on the floor just because
-when teams sing their routine music during their performance (idk it just doesnt look nice to me)

Messy hair and bad make-up. (Mainly fly aways and poor bow placement). You spent all year perfecting your skills and routine, yet can't spare the extra time to look good while performing it?

-putting your phone in your pants. (TRASHY)
-center flyer falling.
-busting on your tumbling.
-having a good routine but not making it look fierce.

Small talk during the award ceremony, I just want to know who got which place!
I shimmy you one billion times.

Can I add the "dramatic pause" between third and second place where the EP announcer repeats himself in four different ways to drag it out?! The pirate announcer (you have to hear him to appreciate it) at Spirit of Hope is the WORST for this...

And in second place.....the second place winners.....placing in second.....the second place winners are....in second....the second place trophy goes to....

Oh, dear lord Captain Hook just get ON with it!

I also have issues with EP announcers that can't pronounce team names. Like ours.....we are Aviator...this is not difficult. We are not Avatar...those were 10 foot tall blue people that only existed in the land of CGI.....and we are red, black and silver just to help you keep that straight. Oye.

when people have ugly motions
when flyers blame it on the bases and the bases blame it on the flyers
people on your teams that give up and dont care as much as you do
back handsprings with legs apart
low jumps

Back