Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When bases let their flyer hit the ground uugh it makes me so mad I mean you have 1 job, to catch your flyer, how is your flyer supposed to have their mind on flying when they have to worry about trusting their bases?

-when a stunt falls to prep after a mount (i.e. switch tock or full-up) and the bases are trying to push it up but the flyer just gives up because it wasn't perfect
-vice versa, when the bases stop pushing and just bring it down while the flyer is still pulling tight and doing her motions
-CHEER SHOES WITH COLOUR INSERTS

Flyers that Are Not Flexible..
When people tumble on the wrong countt
Spectators that save seats
Athletes walking around in just sports bras and skirtss
Stunts that fall
Music that doesn't match the choreography
When I wish someone good luck and they just look at me and look away
Cheer parents that take it WAY more seriously than the kidss
When the award ceremonies take FOREVERRRR
When people do not hidee that they do not tumblee!
I'm pretty sure there is moree but non that I can think offf. Lol

• When coaches move up teeny tiny flyers to senior level teams--when the kids obviously aren't senior age--so that they can do more difficult stunts easily.
  • Flyers who fly simply because they're tiny, not because they're actually skilled or flexible
  • Slow tumbling and back HEAD springs
  • Sexual dancing in routines. Not cute.
  • Overweight girls who wear crop tops
  • COW BELLS
  • Biased judges

i just thought of another pet peeve and im pretty sure all cheerleaders think so too.

When some one cheers for a half year team at my gym and its a level two and have been to like one competition think they are amazing. Level 2 can be amazing but if you've only competed at one or two competitions don't walk around like your some level 5 coed cali bullets cheerleader.

And another is when i showed someone on my bus Top Gun level 5 large coeds worlds music and this girl who has been to one or two competitions and didn't even cheer in them she just watched and she magically has there music on her phone

THEN she was like"my mom might sign me up for Top Gun"
and im like "uh do you even know where there gyms are at?"
and she was like " its in Largo (Florida) right??"
and im like "no..there gyms are in Naples and Miami..Top Dog is in Largo...".

People that act like they know every thing about cheerleading and don't even do it just get on my nerve..

when teams have high ankle socks. haha it just scares me because it seems like the backspot will slip on them while holding the flyer's ankles.

• When coaches move up teeny tiny flyers to senior level teams--when the kids obviously aren't senior age--so that they can do more difficult stunts easily.
  • Flyers who fly simply because they're tiny, not because they're actually skilled or flexible
  • Slow tumbling and back HEAD springs
  • Sexual dancing in routines. Not cute.
  • Overweight girls who wear crop tops
  • COW BELLS
  • Biased judges

OH MY GOD THE COWL BELLS. THE HORROR, THE HORROR!

1. Senior teams that use all youth girls for flying.
2. Coaches that badmouth other teams on social media.
3. Girls that cheer high school and are clearly in it just for the uniform.
4. Squads that go to competitions and use pre- made music ( such as jock jams)
5. Girls that walk around with their top/ skirt unzipped or unbuttoned
6. I judge high school and middle school try- outs, and when we show the scores to the coaches and they get upset because some girls who didn't make it are "really nice girls", they may be nice girls but they aren't good cheerleaders.

When your teammate gives you the deathstare when you mess up in the routine. It's like hun, I do way more than you in the routine!

When people are rude to you and your team because you're competition!
aaand then everything else you said, plus being sloppy on the mat.

Back