All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have A LOT haha, but my biggest 3 are:
-bases/backs who always blame the fliers. Believe it or not, it's not always their fault..
-People who come to competitions with their hair undone, uniform off, and make up not done yet. Your competiting in an hour and aren't even ready yet?
-when it's down the final 2 in awards, and the first team jumping up and celebrating while the second place team gets called. it is so rude and disrespectful..

shimmy x10000 to all of these!!!

when coaches play favorites and puts a girl on a team, for example, just to fly and the girl doesn't throw ANY tumbling
when a girl automatically thinks she'll be put on the team she wants and is disappointed when she isn't
a level 5 team with barely 1 jump to a back
when a flyer (who obviously isn't flexible) grabs her knee in a scale
when a parent blames her daughter's bases every time her daughter falls out of the air
and when level 5 teams have girls doing layouts in the tumbling section.

I probably forgot some but I could go on for years.

when the pyramid isn't symetrical (i think thats the word! haha) it botheers me SOOO much.

when people jump up and celebrate and scream when they get first at a minor comp.

that one teammate that thinks they're a coach

when girls wear uggs with their uniform at competiton

when people come late to comps/ practices

when flyers are the reason the stunts not hitting and you get blamed

when your fluyer startes to fall and you catch them and you still get blamed for the fall.

when people say this isnt a sport.

i could go on for so long but i think this is enough.

this mostly applies to my school team- i hate when new girls come in and try cheer for the first time and feel like they HAVE to fly and people start all this annoying drama and ksjcn1o3nv[o3ifn i hate ittt

oh, another one when a teammate doesn't let anyone know but quits the day of the comp and only tells her best friend an hour before they compete (yeah, it happened to me this past season) luckily, we got a replacment in time and she was the sweetest girl ever!

It's not a big pet peeve i just don't know what to classify it as lol
So on youtube ya know how it finishes your phrases? you type in hannah it says "hannah montana" or adele it says "adele rolling in the deep" well you type in cheer or cheerleader or cheerleading it doesn't say anything! That just kinda bothers me You type in chee and you get cheetah girls, cheese, etc and then add the r and it goes blank. -.- ugh. lol

there are SO many... but he worst is when little kids run across the floor while your tumbling.... i cant even tell you how many kids ive ran into and the parents got mad at ME!!!!! im sorry i cant see your child when im upside down and twisting..... AN OPEN GYM IS NOT A FREAKIN DAYCARE

It's not a big pet peeve i just don't know what to classify it as lol
So on youtube ya know how it finishes your phrases? you type in hannah it says "hannah montana" or adele it says "adele rolling in the deep" well you type in cheer or cheerleader or cheerleading it doesn't say anything! That just kinda bothers me You type in chee and you get cheetah girls, cheese, etc and then add the r and it goes blank. -.- ugh. lol

It's probably because 'cheerleading' isn't searched for that often. People generally search for a specific team to watch. E.g. when I typed in 'stingray', out of 10 suggestions, 4 were related to the stingray allstars because it is searched for a lot.

As a parent I can say that my biggest pet peeve is when a competition is already running late and they still insist on doing their dance party etc at awards. We once attended a competition that was running an hour late and they still went ahead with a 45 minute dance party/parade. Of course the kids had fun but by that point I was willing to chew of my own leg to escape!

Personally, I'd love to go right into the awards. I've never heard my CP say that she loved a particular competition because the dance party was so great. . .

Oops I forgot to add that it makes me crazy when the second place team is announced and the winners scream and yell and steal the spotlight. Lets be classy people! You know you are the winners and of course you deserve to be happy but please hold it in until your victory is announced. Give the second place team their 'moment'!

Back