All-Star Cheerhab

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lol complete with a puke bucket!
After a particularly rough week of practices Orby told his team to come in for their next practice prepared because practice was going to be tough. The athletes decided to walk in to their next practice, each carrying a personalized puke bucket. Ultimately they didn't do it because they were concerned he would think they were making a joke out of practice.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

After a particularly rough week of practices Orby told his team to come in for their next practice prepared because practice was going to be tough. The athletes decided to walk in to their next practice, each carrying a personalized puke bucket. Ultimately they didn't do it because they were concerned he would think they were making a joke out of practice.

Hahaha if I was a coach I'd think that was so funny! And then make them condition hard so they'd get the chance to use it. Wouldn't want all their hard artistic work to go to waste! ;)

Saw this on Facebook

Rebel Xtreme 2014 Cheerhab Showcase | Facebook

Order tickets via Eventbrite:
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/rebel-xtreme-2014-cheerhab-showcase-tickets-11378147345?aff=efbevent
Join Rebel Xtreme at the filming of their May 10, 2014 Showcase for the new Cheerhab TV Show airing on Awesomeness TV this year. The Rebel Xtreme Cheerhab Showcase will feature Orby Orta and Eddie Rios, the Coaches of the California All Stars SMOED Team! Watch as Cheerhabs production crew film the Rebel Xtreme teams as they are guided through their showcase by Eddie and Orby. You will see the 2014 Rebel Xtreme International Champion Mini team BlackOps, the spirited Rebel Xtreme StrikeForce, the 2014 two time International Champion Senior team and featured team of Cheerhab AirBorne and the 2014 International Junior Champion soloest perform their award winning routines from this past season. Get a chance to meet Orby Orta and Eddie Rios in person. This is the final event for Cheerhab Season 1 and we want you to be apart of it!

Saturday, May 10, 2014

National Guard Armory
4540 Melrose Ave., Iowa City, IA

Start Time: 3:00 p.m.

All funds raised will help sponsor the teams for the 2014/2015 season!

$8 tickets online
$10 tickets at the door the day of the event

not sure what to think........

Saw this on Facebook

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/rebel-xtreme-2014-cheerhab-showcase-tickets-11378147345?aff=efbevent
Join Rebel Xtreme at the filming of their May 10, 2014 Showcase for the new Cheerhab TV Show airing on Awesomeness TV this year. The Rebel Xtreme Cheerhab Showcase will feature Orby Orta and Eddie Rios, the Coaches of the California All Stars SMOED Team! Watch as Cheerhabs production crew film the Rebel Xtreme teams as they are guided through their showcase by Eddie and Orby. You will see the 2014 Rebel Xtreme International Champion Mini team BlackOps, the spirited Rebel Xtreme StrikeForce, the 2014 two time International Champion Senior team and featured team of Cheerhab AirBorne and the 2014 International Junior Champion soloest perform their award winning routines from this past season. Get a chance to meet Orby Orta and Eddie Rios in person. This is the final event for Cheerhab Season 1 and we want you to be apart of it!

Saturday, May 10, 2014

National Guard Armory

$8 tickets online

I'm assuming you're not sure what to think in a bad way, right? I don't see anything bad. They're going to have to film it for the show, so why not?

I really like the cheerhab series, but wonder if you invite everyone to come watch and join while they are filming how it will work with trying to tape the show. I like the real life documentary feel of the past shows. I just hope they are able to keep that aspect of it.

I really like the cheerhab series, but wonder if you invite everyone to come watch and join while they are filming how it will work with trying to tape the show. I like the real life documentary feel of the past shows. I just hope they are able to keep that aspect of it.
I think it's just so they have a bigger crowd for the show for the background and stuff. I think it will still have that real life feel cuz I'm assuming most people coming will just be family & friends since the team probably doesn't have a huge fan base ( Does that sounds rude? I don't mean it that way. I just mean that if Smoed put that message out there would be people who have no relation to anyone on Smoed or in the CA gym that would show up, and I just don't think that will happen here since it's a small gym).

Makes sense. Somehow the event invite popped up on my Facebook and I am all the way in Texas and have no affiliation with either of the gyms. I thought people might show up for Eddie and Orby. They are getting a big following of their own.

Saw this on Facebook

Saturday, May 10, 2014

National Guard Armory

$8 tickets online

There is something humorous about this. It's entertaining to envision Orby and Eddie being used as lures to get the parents to pay for a post season showcase. Who has a post season showcase for all of their teams ? There are many teams performing at their showcase. Only one of them did Orby and Eddie deal with. It kind of seems like the gym is trying to drum up interest prior to tryouts and Orby and Eddie are the draw. They're being objectified. How ironic is that given that cheerleaders are always objectified, but now the coaches are experiencing it as well. Orby and Eddie are down to earth. I'm sure that the thought of people coming to the showcase to see them seems a bit ridiculous. Does this make them Cheerlebrities ? Maybe Coachlebrities ? Or, Smolebrities ?

There is something humorous about this. It's entertaining to envision Orby and Eddie being used as lures to get the parents to pay for a post season showcase. Who has a post season showcase for all of their teams ? There are many teams performing at their showcase. Only one of them did Orby and Eddie deal with. It kind of seems like the gym is trying to drum up interest prior to tryouts and Orby and Eddie are the draw. They're being objectified. How ironic is that given that cheerleaders are always objectified, but now the coaches are experiencing it as well. Orby and Eddie are down to earth. I'm sure that the thought of people coming to the showcase to see them seems a bit ridiculous. Does this make them Cheerlebrities ? Maybe Coachlebrities ? Or, Smolebrities ?

I'm fairly confident 90% of gyms would do the exact same thing. It IS great advertisement. Most gyms charge for a showcase of any type, so this isn't out of the ordinary, regardless of timing.

@Klynn641 These two crack me up!

On a behind-the-scenes note, if they were cheerhabbing gyms for a week at a time during comp season, who coached the teams while they were gone filming the show? Did that affect the teams' skills or morale?
I think Little's team might shrivel up if they didn't see their coaches on a regular during comp season!

@Klynn641 These two crack me up!

On a behind-the-scenes note, if they were cheerhabbing gyms for a week at a time during comp season, who coached the teams while they were gone filming the show? Did that affect the teams' skills or morale?
I think Little's team might shrivel up if they didn't see their coaches on a regular during comp season!
Oh, the teams see a lot of Eddie and Orby. Some athletes might even say they see too much of them. Ha! It is rare for anybody other than Eddie and Orby to coach their teams. I think they are just really busy individuals. The athletes knew nothing about them filming Cheerhab until quite some time later. So, they couldn't have been away filming for very long.

I'm fairly confident 90% of gyms would do the exact same thing. It IS great advertisement. Most gyms charge for a showcase of any type, so this isn't out of the ordinary, regardless of timing.
I was speaking out of jest. I have no issue with any of this. I agree that any other gym would likely do the same.

The one thing about it that seemed odd to me was the timing of a showcase at the end of the season. I presume it's for the filming of the show. It should spark some added interest in tryouts as well.

Back