All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The partying was not anything bad at all. It wasn't even something I would call partying. They were just having fun!

I get it is just kids having fun - but I don't think it was necessarily appropriate putting those kids and their promiscuous dancing (twerking, Robert rubbing on one of the girls from behind while she is bent over) on a video that is viewed by so many...considering the team is 12-18 years old and a lot of younger athletes look up to the smoed kids. Kids do these things these days, yes... but it doesnt make it appropriate for a web series trying to promote cheerleading as a respectable sport.

Unfortunately, on a team that is in the public eye (well at least for the cheerleading world), the athletes on the team and the coaches need to remember that they have an image to keep - that is something that just comes along with the notarity.

I get it is just kids having fun - but I don't think it was necessarily appropriate putting those kids and their promiscuous dancing (twerking, Robert rubbing on one of the girls from behind while she is bent over) on a video that is viewed by so many...considering the team is 12-18 years old and a lot of younger athletes look up to the smoed kids. Kids do these things these days, yes... but it doesnt make it appropriate for a web series trying to promote cheerleading as a respectable sport.

Unfortunately, on a team that is in the public eye (well at least for the cheerleading world), the athletes on the team and the coaches need to remember that they have an image to keep - that is something that just comes along with the notarity.

Oh please, just be happy this kids aren't doing what MANY other teenagers are doing at that age. If you don't like it, don't watch them. You have the option of doing that.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Why does everything have to come down to promoting cheerleading as a respectable sport.. News flash there are videos of football players twerking.

If anything it was kind of nice seeing the smoed kids let loose.. the rest of their videos they seem so stressed, and tired from practice.

And this comment is directed towards you, but when did everyone become so prude? lol

That is nothing compared to teens what most ANYWHERE are doing, in England for sure 75% of 13/14 year olds are drinking/doing drugs, which I agree is wrong, a little bit of twerking is nothing, especially when its the 'in' thing to be doing at the moment, however weird it is.. those kids don't really get much of a normal teen life in-between school/practice, let them have a little normal time or they'll go crazy

I get that they're in the public eye. But they shouldn't have to change who they are or their personality because of that. Their lives are pretty much cheer, so it's understandable for them to want to dance and party together because they might not have time to do it anywhere else. They're teenagers who like to relax and have fun sometimes.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I don’t chime in often but this week…can’t resist. With regard to twerking…it’s vile and I am just grossed out by it. The answer that everyone does it…..doesn’t fly with me. Not my favorite episode by a long shot IMHO We have 12 yr olds on the show and this is not the face I would like Smoed to have…just my opinion though so……

I agree lakerfantlc, I wouldn't want my child in a video twerking. So I get that! LOL

But I think on high profile teams where these kids every move is scrutinized and commented on, people don't understand the pressure on these young kids to always be putting their best foot forward and being good stewards for the sport. Sometimes they just want to cut loose and let off some steam. (Completely understandable) For the most part what the kids were doing was good clean fun.....bonding with their team......there appeared to be more than adequate adult supervision. Anyone who has ever been in charge of a group of teenager's like this know that you have to give them a time and a place to act like normal teenager's.....otherwise they'll find other way's of blowing off steam that might be detrimental to themselves or the team. 14 seconds of twerking aside.......this looked like a typical activity when teen kids congregate.

On a serious note......I'm worried that Smoed might have a twizzler and beef jerky addiction. (LMAO)

I agree lakerfantlc, I wouldn't want my child in a video twerking. So I get that! LOL

But I think on high profile teams where these kids every move is scrutinized and commented on, people don't understand the pressure on these young kids to always be putting their best foot forward and being good stewards for the sport. Sometimes they just want to cut loose and let off some steam. (Completely understandable) For the most part what the kids were doing was good clean fun.....bonding with their team......there appeared to be more than adequate adult supervision. Anyone who has ever been in charge of a group of teenager's like this know that you have to give them a time and a place to act like normal teenager's.....otherwise they'll find other way's of blowing off steam that might be detrimental to themselves or the team. 14 seconds of twerking aside.......this looked like a typical activity when teen kids congregate.

On a serious note......I'm worried that Smoed might have a twizzler and beef jerky addiction. (LMAO)
I just know the dangers in todays world of lowering the bar…. I was across the hall…Eddie approved the party so I went to bed:) I love the kids to have fun but the reality is….they are being watched and should act accordingly….they are great kids and they dd have a great camp …..just minus the twerk vulgar dance…. gross

I hate twerking but we are forgetting these kids are justt kids and kids make stupid choices at times. Its.not like they doing that infront of the mini kids they were in the privacy of their own rooms. If this is the worst these kids can do then i say as a parent i can handle that and its not like youth kids are not already seeing this stuff on tv. i am glad these kids are in general being
their authentic selves and show that everyone
does stupid embarrasing stuff i would rather
my kid had a role model like that then someone who constantly pretends to be perfect. Ps i hate posting on here with my phone so forgive my mistakes .

Back