All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't know if I was the only one, but I felt really uncomfortable watching this episode. I get that it was all supposed to be "in fun", but Travis said he didn't want a buzz, and the other boys went ahead and shaved his head anyway... To me there's a clear lack of consent that makes it bullying/hazing, at least the way they showed it, and I don't think that's okay or a good thing to promote.

Relax, I talked to Travis prior to, there was no bullying or hazing. He was actually egging MichaelEddie on right before. It was all in good fun. The kids bonded. Travis was a great sport about it and we had a great summer with him. Bullying is something we do not, or will ever take lightly.

Relax, I talked to Travis prior to, there was no bullying or hazing. He was actually egging MichaelEddie on right before. It was all in good fun. The kids bonded. Travis was a great sport about it and we had a great summer with him. Bullying is something we do not, or will ever take lightly.
Is Travis no longer on the team?

you can very obviously see that there is NO bullying going on. Love watching the series. I think all cheerleaders can relate to everything on here. they all seem like very, normal, down to earth kids.
plus i used to coach one of these kids when she lived in Connecticut (Dakota), so i'm especially enjoying it! :)

His hair looked better short ;)
That's actually one of the things my squad I bonded over during basic training. Guys are a different animal and we will bond over the craziest things that no one else could understand. It would have been better though if they all did it though would have been more of a true "Brotherhood" move. Looks like it was a great camp.

I'm glad there was no bullying going on and I didn't mean to imply that you would let something like that go. However, I still have an issue with the way this was portrayed in the show - while it may have been a great bonding experience for the boys, the way that it was shown in the episode really made it seem like it was a big deal. So I guess my problem is not necessarily with the act itself, but the way it was portrayed as being non-consensual. As adults we can process and understand these things, but many of the show's viewers would be much younger and I'd worry that it sets a bad example/precedent.

Back