All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow...things have changed in a few hours. First we have smos talking smack, which is not entirely unexpected since they are children, but then we have a mom talking smack on her way out the door. Craziest damn thing I've seen in awhile. Personally, I think everyone here needs to take a breather. Step away from the thread people, step away from the thread.

Wow...things have changed in a few hours. First we have smos talking smack, which is not entirely unexpected since they are children, but then we have a mom talking smack on her way out the door. Craziest damn thing I've seen in awhile. Personally, I think everyone here needs to take a breather. Step away from the thread people, step away from the thread.
Can't...let...go...

confused why some posts were edited and others weren't

..but really love what the original post that started most of this was changed to. although now they're getting shimmies..

i 100% believe the word bully is used far too often and it has sort of lost it's meaning. however, i also 100% believe that you cannot fully grasp and understand what another person is feeling and if they feel they are truly being bullied, they probably are. all children are different. i have never stepped foot in CEA, but the love between those kids and their coach is evident, even from 1000 miles away. but just like any relationship, sometimes you hurt people whether intentional or not. it may have been out of love and for her "betterment" on the team, but constant threats (whether benign or not), yelling and "mind games" can be a toxic environment. yes, some athletes thrive in that situation and for others, it slowly builds up and chips away at their psyche until they hit a breaking point. mental health is more important than any sport or team. just because one kid can handle that environment does not mean it is not destroying another child. could it have been handled better by the family? 300% yes. but just because your own child is thriving and feels loved, does not mean someone else's child feels the same way.

as a side note... is she planning on competing again this season? because i sure as h-e-double-hockey-sticks would not sign a release after those shenanigans.

I think it's a balance of pressure versus expectations. If you are on a team, it is expected that you have some/all of the skills necessary to be on a team. If you are no longer performing the skills, it is expected that you might lose your spot. Parents always talk about how cheer is a business and if they aren't getting their money's worth they're free to leave, well that goes both ways. If the coach isn't getting the thing they need from you, they will get it somewhere else. When I played elite volleyball, I had to deliver my skills. If I didn't, I wouldn't get playing time. In cheer, that translates to being on said team. I've seen the Jtv videos where CSP gets mad at someone. She is always much nicer to them than some of my coaches ever were.

Who knows? Maybe I've been bullied by them. I've been bullied by kids at school, but that's always been much easier to identify..

Where's the line? Any coaches on the board want to chime in? (Shall we create a new thread?)
I think I've made it clear that I'm not a CEA fan so apart from the regular names we hear I don't know who is on SE! I had heard of amber and of course had the wrong one in mind so I had to YouTube her where I found a video of her and she is an amazing flyer! Has an Arabian to double! Im not sure what skills could be in qt! This video was dated 2013 season so maybe she took a step backwards. Might shock people but I've only seen one SE video for this season.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The sad part is.... people are more interested in Jenee's life than SMOED the team. I wonder how they are going to handle this in their episodes... they will have to mention it...
i was going to say this earlier and decided not to cause i could not figure how to word it but i feel as though a lot of this could have been avoided had cheerupdates not been constantly tweeting and retweeting things pertaining to her and her family. i understand they may have a close relationship but by jenees announcement a while ago not been retweeted i never would have seen it, that as well as the pictures and other comments tweeted last night by him.

like i understand awesomenesstv featured her in the show numerous times but for those like myself who did not follow her on twitter cheerupdates was the one that opened this door up for me. i don't know this is a total ramble but just where i am right now in the thought process

We are in NC and go to a gym with a lot of athletes that leave our gym for CEA & vice versa. Different strokes for different folks people. I can't judge a program or a person from the outside, period. We have issues at our gym but right now it works for my CP. She could not handle the pressure at CEA. We could travel the exact same distance we do now and be at CEA. They have amazing teams & kudos to them for that. We aren't having a great season, but it is a known fact around here that CSP runs a tight ship & puts a lot of pressure on these kids. That is great for the kids who can handle it, wouldn't work for mine right now. No one can take away from CEA that they are amazing, and the way she chooses to run her program is working for her.

Last edited:
i was going to say this earlier and decided not to cause i could not figure how to word it but i feel as though a lot of this could have been avoided had cheerupdates not been constantly tweeting and retweeting things pertaining to her and her family. i understand they may have a close relationship but by jenees announcement a while ago not been retweeted i never would have seen it, that as well as the pictures and other comments tweeted last night by him.

like i understand awesomenesstv featured her in the show numerous times but for those like myself who did not follow her on twitter cheerupdates was the one that opened this door up for me. i don't know this is a total ramble but just where i am right now in the thought process

agreed. if you want something to be relatively quiet and drama-free, tweeting it out to 90K+ followers is not how you handle it.

I think I've made it clear that I'm not a CEA fan so apart from the regular names we hear I don't know who is on SE! I had heard of amber and of course had the wrong one in mind so I had to YouTube her where I found a video of her and she is an amazing flyer! Has an Arabian to double! Im not sure what skills could be in qt! This video was dated 2013 season so maybe she took a step backwards. Might shock people but I've only seen one SE video for this season.

Might shock you- I couldn't pick more than 2 or 3 out of a line-up, and only if they're standing still. Heck, without the uni/bow, I might not even recognize Mama Teal's Little Bit!

In the routine? Good luck. Maybe if they're up close, and half the time I couldn't remember their names anyway! I might vaguely know what it starts with, but that's a stretch. I really only watch the routines. I'm delightfully boring.

Back