All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow...things have changed in a few hours. First we have smos talking smack, which is not entirely unexpected since they are children, but then we have a mom talking smack on her way out the door. Craziest damn thing I've seen in awhile. Personally, I think everyone here needs to take a breather. Step away from the thread people, step away from the thread.

Taking this advice. Thank you! I'm going to work in an hour and will revisit this later on tonight.

Maybe I'm beating a dead horse so flame away if you must but no matter what you think about bullying, CSP, CEA, Cali, Jenee, Amber... WHATEVER... that mother just made this situation about 100x more public, dramatic and controversial than it would have been otherwise. No matter what reasons you have for leaving a program or how angry you might be about something it is always your responsibility as an adult and most importantly a parent to lead by example. People will always be curious when you're talking about high profile teams, but if Amber or her mom would have made a general statement about CEA no longer being a good fit for them and that they planned to seek out another program for Amber to be a part of, people would have spent some time speculating and that would have been the end of it. Now? I bet that child is receiving lots of unwarranted negativity on social media because of her mom's comment. She is obviously losing friends and her former teammates are feeling the need to speak out about it. Now more kids are involved.

Never once before Amber's mom made a statement did I see a CEA employee or athlete make a negative statement about Amber, or hype up Jenee as a "replacement." I saw things like "We support Amber's decision" and "Things happen for a reason" etc. Regardless of what happened behind closed doors, the gym itself did not try to make it a big ordeal. Now it's turning into a circus and in my opinion no matter how angry/hurt/frustrated you are there is no lesson in that.

Thank you! I shimmied you and unshimmied you so I could shimmy you again!!!!

confused why some posts were edited and others weren't

..but really love what the original post that started most of this was changed to. although now they're getting shimmies..

It was me and it was unnecessary. I got the ones I saw. I'm not perfect. Tag me in any I need to see.

I wanted to change it to I'm an idiot ........ but I showed restraint. LMAO

i know NONE of the kids/parents involved in this.
All i DO know is looking at this from a coaches perspective is 2 kids quit their teams with about a month left in the season.... DON'T QUIT ON YOUR COMMITMENTS!!!

This is a very typical response when someone says they're being bullied by someone popular or well liked. To say that the "victim" (or accuser) is obviously just "not tough enough." Why do you doubt it? Based on what? That they win worlds? That they have good routines? That you like them? None of that means bullying isn't happening. Why do you think all these moms are saying this? (I'm actually asking that - I can't imagine people would dare go after cea and csp based on a lie. Why wouldn't Amber's mom just leave quietly if this were not happening? And other moms before her?)

I don't know why it is so hard for people to believe that there might be things that go on in that gym that are not OK, but I know that will never change.

Just my thoughts:
1) winning worlds doesn't make you a good person or even a good coach. (just like winning super bowls, NCAA championships, or anything else doesn't)

Personally I couldn't even grasp what the rest of this post said because this statement in my opinion is the most confusing thing I've read. Winning worlds doesn't make you a good coach? Winning the Super Bowl doesn't make you a good coach? What? Guaranteed it's probably easier to win a championship with a great coach and less talented athletes than for a poor coach to win with amazing athletes. Furthermore, if csp hadn't taken senior elite and changed their routine after day one of worlds and done what she thought necessary do you really think they would be world champs right now? That's a great coach. If this wasn't what you were trying to say, than sorry for the rant.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Personally I couldn't even grasp what the rest of this post said because this statement in my opinion is the most confusing thing I've read. Winning worlds doesn't make you a good coach? Winning the Super Bowl doesn't make you a good coach? What? Guaranteed it's probably easier to win a championship with a great coach and less talented athletes than for a poor coach to win with amazing athletes. Furthermore, if csp hadn't taken senior elite and changed their routine after day one of worlds and done what she thought necessary do you really think they would be world champs right now? That's a great coach. If this wasn't what you were trying to say, than sorry for the rant.

I think for @Just-a-Mom (as there is for me) there is a difference between a successful coach and a good coach. A successful coach wins. A good coach has so many qualities that it would be hard to list them all. A successful coach can also be a good coach, and a good coach can also be a successful coach. But you can be a good coach without being successful and vice versa.

If you've pulled your child out of a situation because you felt someone wasn't treating them appropriately then that's great. I applaud you. More parents should have that type of backbone. If the child felt bullied or to some degree that she was bullied and she got herself out of the situation, that I applaud as well. Nobody can tell YOU how you feel or how you are being made to feel.

Now what I can't agree with is egging it online and adding to the escalation. Going back and forth with a teenager on a social network? Unnecessary. Instagram ing public responses? Unnecessary. Parents need to stop meddling in the affairs of teens. It's just making the situation worse.

If you did what was best for your child quit trying to defend your actions and feeling like you need to defend it. To me it just comes across as opportunistic and attention seeking. You don't answer to the cheer world. Move on and be done with it.

If you've pulled your child out of a situation because you felt someone wasn't treating them appropriately then that's great. I applaud you. More parents should have that type of backbone. If the child felt bullied or to some degree that she was bullied and she got herself out of the situation, that I applaud as well. Nobody can tell YOU how you feel or how you are being made to feel.

Now what I can't agree with is egging it online and adding to the escalation. Going back and forth with a teenager on a social network? Unnecessary. Instagram ing public responses? Unnecessary. Parents need to stop meddling in the affairs of teens. It's just making the situation worse.

If you did what was best for your child quit trying to defend your actions and feeling like you need to defend it. To me it just comes across as opportunistic and attention seeking. You don't answer to the cheer world. Move on and be done with it.

As an outsider, the difference between this and the SOT thread here was that in this case, even if the child WAS bullied/felt she was being bullied/this was no longer the environment for her, totally ok to leave. But by harping on, fighting on social media and dragging it out (versus simply stating your case and sticking to it), it looks more and more ridiculous.

I feel as if the situation with Smoed and Jenee may of been more serious than Amber's situation because Jenee quit Smoed 2 weeks before NCA maybe even less than that... I feel if this was a mutual understanding between both Jenee and family and Cali and Smoed they would of had her stay on smoed at least until after NCA... Luckily smoed is able to bring in talent quickly and luckily they had an experienced flyer ready to step in right away but for any other program this may of been a huge problem. It's not fair on that stunt group that would of had to work 10x harder, It's not like your doing a straight up lib, their stunt requires a lot of focus and repitition. Claps to them for hitting both days effortless but regardless i can't see that decision being fair to the kids on smoed. It's not like it was an injury and it's not like Jenee had to move right then she was still in California for NCA.. The whole thing is fishy

Back