All-Star Cheerleading Worlds 2015 Day 2 (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It also wasn't fair when Bangkok ties GymTyme in 2011. Or when they beat Champion in 2014. Or when the rule of "max 12 guys" didn't apply to them.
I agree that its not fair at all! My point is usasf really should prevent things from being unfair as they have the power to do so. Whatever happened in years past cant really be changed now, but this whole ioc5 thing can.

But they aren't competing for their country. That was Thursday. This is gym glory. Nobody said "yaayyy America won!" when Wildcats won last year.

But having these 4 US teams competing makes it even harder for teams from other countries to make the podium tomorrow (I mean even with only three teams they're pretty hard to beat already :D). It doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things but if the USASF simply waited until all teams had the opportunity to see their scores and have the necessary corrections made before they announced them publicly, none of this would be happening.

I don't think it's USASF's attempt at favoring the US specifically, it's just yet another thing that shows how disorganized they are.

You know the sound is behind when they do a kick double basket and like 3 seconds later you hear the chick chick sssshsssh. ( I'm not good at typing sound effects) when they hit the kick and double . Or whatever is their baskets!

But having these 4 US teams competing makes it even harder for teams from other countries to make the podium tomorrow (I mean even with only three teams they're pretty hard to beat already :D). It doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things but if the USASF simply waited until all teams had the opportunity to see their scores and have the necessary corrections made before they announced them publicly, none of this would be happening.

I don't think it's USASF's attempt at favoring the US specifically, it's just yet another thing that shows how disorganized they are.
This was what i was trying to say, you worded it perfectly! I agree completely... Nothing against usa, but usasf...

But a lot of Intl. teams usually only have 3 or fewer teams, other than the US and Canada. There might be a couple of others, but usually, Intl. teams always go through cos there is no other competition for top 3 within those countries (yes, this is changing, but only in the last year or so. The first year I went, only Canada had to qualify top 3, cos even the US only had 3 teams.)
The reason many of these countries only bring 1 or 2 teams is because there are too few bid companies (and there aren't full, partial and at large) Its either 1 partial or 2 at large usually (including dance). Until last year there were only 2 bid companies in the UK each giving out bids at only 1 competition per year. Now there are 4 which has resulted in 5 teams in that division. If the USASF gave more competition companies the opportunity internationally to give out bids then there would be a much bigger representation! Not saying they would come top 10 at all but they would be better represented and it wouldn't be the case that there were many countries with a lack of bids! This is a huge problem which could be debated forever but I think its difficult for many US teams to see the difficulties abroad (and it isn't because there isn't any talent)!

It also wasn't fair when Bangkok ties GymTyme in 2011. Or when they beat Champion in 2014. Or when the rule of "max 12 guys" didn't apply to them.
I knew about them using more than the maximum # of guys allowed, but does it happen every year?

Back