All-Star Cheerleading Worlds 2015 Day 2 (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think we are grasping at straws here on the second bobble for WC. If we are saying that it's a bobble then so is point on SE who didn't complete the double up, group had to press down to save, and traveled almost a panel. I do not consider that a bobble just lowered execution...but if WC was so was SE. As for the pyramid for WC, I can see that either way. I didn't see it as a bobble because it never attempted anything. It literally was an extension and squeeze. Definitely a hit on execution but I could see why it was not a bobble. Would have totally understood if it was as well. I was rooting for stars so it was a nail biter for sure. Congrats to all three medalists for some really great performances, and congrats to Stars for a great win and being the first Large Senior team with four gold medals.

Ok, but that still doesn't change the fact that it is possible for gyms to remain classy and leave it off social media.

I'm honestly not sure it's possible and I think in 10 years and 20 years from now it will only be worse. Being realistic, we place smartphones into the hands of kids who are not developmentally ready to handle the true power of the internet without constant supervision. Now, those kids are our teenagers and young adults...it's only getting worse. I read a study today that said 1 in 3 INFANTS under the age of 1 can already or already do use an electronic device. That is a very, very scary concept...

We now live in a society where, when you don't overshare your life or hook into social media, you're somehow 'odd'...so no, I'm not sure it's realistically possible anymore without...not without banning all use of the internet.

Except they had a bobble in elite when the flyer clearly went down slightly and her knees slightly bent before it was saved.
And then the pyramid issue which some have said bobble or safety.

In which case, take off just 2 bobbles and they're not in 1st place. Take off for a safety and that's a much different top 3.

Again, clarifying what was talked about and pointed out before scores were released. I honestly never saw a tumbling touchdown so I don't even know where that came from.

The highest age someone would be is 19; birthday between August 31st and Dec 31st
I'm still confused, lol. I seem to remember that my daughter fell into that age range bc her bday is in September, but I still get "cheer age" confused. If someone were to turn 19 this year (2015) for example, that would be fine? Or am I mixed up?

I'm still confused, lol. I seem to remember that my daughter fell into that age range bc her bday is in September, but I still get "cheer age" confused. If someone were to turn 19 this year (2015) for example, that would be fine? Or am I mixed up?

Would depend on their birth date I think.

That's why I could never judge, will never be selected for jury duty, and so forth---I am that nit picky and it is a total and complete character flaw. When things don't make sense it drives me absolutely insane even when it shouldn't, and whether I like it or not, cheerleading just isn't logical...hopefully I learn to accept this by the time my Cp hits senior age or goes to a large competition like a Cheersport, NCA, Summit...etc. It probably won't happen, but I'll definitely be a parent without access to a phone when she competes and have duct tape for my mouth just in case...hell, I'll probably bring a flask too. And Xanax...I can't live without that stuff either.
Lol I'm a bit nit picky when it comes to certain things too. Not too much when comes to cheer but still have my views too. I love the whole duct taping your mouth. For me (nit picky aka pet peeve of mine) I'll have to put it over my eyes.

I'm honestly not sure it's possible and I think in 10 years and 20 years from now it will only be worse. Being realistic, we place smartphones into the hands of kids who are not developmentally ready to handle the true power of the internet without constant supervision. Now, those kids are our teenagers and young adults...it's only getting worse. I read a study today that said 1 in 3 INFANTS under the age of 1 can already or already do use an electronic device. That is a very, very scary concept...

We now live in a society where, when you don't overshare your life or hook into social media, you're somehow 'odd'...so no, I'm not sure it's realistically possible anymore without...not without banning all use of the internet.

I don't lol. No smartphone, no tablet, no FB, no IG, etc. and no computer for my 9yr old and no plans in the near future to either. The internet is way to scary of a place for children to be- and being a well known child makes it even worse.

She has one of those OLD school phones (yes they still make them, lol) for emergencies, but I don't just let her have it everyday and I monitor who she calls/texts (i.e.- she has to ask for permission).

Isn't the raw score just what you would've scored without deductions?

So your technique, execution, etc on each day can change the raw score for the exact same routine, correct?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sometimes people don't understand that you raw score will be lower with mistakes. A fall or TB usually means lower technique scores.

that being said I am still pretty confused with the large senior placements

Last edited:
The day someone clearly explains how the same routine can have a different raw score two days, I'll.. Idk but someone explain
Replace the word raw with total. That is all the raw score is. It has nothing to do with a set score like gymnastics.

Pretend world, where the scoresheet total is 10. You judge Awesome Allstars on day 1 and I judge Awesome Allstars on day 2. Your total score on day 1 was an 9, my total score on day 2 added up to a 8. They changed nothing/performed & executed the same, but we are different people, on different days, watching other different routines in comparison. Our opinions changed the total score, not anything they did or didn't do. Any deductions are then taken from our total scores, and your left with their actual final score. That's it.

Now go back to that pretend world and re-read it. Substitute the word total for the word raw. Raw just means total before deductions, but a lot of people don't get that because raw means something else in other sports.

Last edited:
I don't lol. No smartphone, no tablet, no FB, no IG, etc. and no computer for my 9yr old and no plans in the near future to either. The internet is way to scary of a place for children to be- and being a well known child makes it even worse.

She has one of those OLD school phones (yes they still make them, lol) for emergencies, but I don't just let her have it everyday and I monitor who she calls/texts (i.e.- she has to ask for permission).

It's more of a generalized you. But even if you don't, your school likely does---though it's far more monitored in elementary school, middler schoolers and high schoolers have been known to get away with quite a bit. There have been iPads in every single classroom since my girl's were 3 years old in preschools ran by the school district.

I think I know what might be confusing you. I am pretty sure that, a couple of years ago, the rules changed. When we first started cheering all star 3 seasons ago, super super seniors were allowed because the cut off date was later. Two years ago, they switched it to Aug 31st making my summer birthday kid only eligible to super senior. I forget what the original date was, but it was better/

Congratulations to Stars and coed on the wins.

I would like someone to explain the differences in the raw scores from day 1 to day 2. The only score that can technically increase or decrease is technique. The difficulty scores from day 1 and day 2 should be the same. The execution of World Cup I would say was better day 1 than day 2, therefore keeping there raw score just about the same with maybe a small variation here or there. As for senior elite the same difficulty and technique rules apply. The confusion is how someone's raw score increased over another's so significantly.

ETA: The difficulty would only increase or decrease if someone added or subtracted something significant in the routine.

I'm not taking the win from stars nor do I think one team deserves it more than the other, just slightly confused by these raw scores....

I think I know what might be confusing you. I am pretty sure that, a couple of years ago, the rules changed. When we first started cheering all star 3 seasons ago, super super seniors were allowed because the cut off date was later. Two years ago, they switched it to Aug 31st making my summer birthday kid only eligible to super senior. I forget what the original date was, but it was better/
Yes, thank you!! You're right and that makes sense cause she's been out of cheer for a couple of years now.

Congratulations to Stars and coed on the wins.

I would like someone to explain the differences in the raw scores from day 1 to day 2. The only score that can technically increase or decrease is technique. The difficulty scores from day 1 and day 2 should be the same. The execution of World Cup I would say was better day 1 than day 2, therefore keeping there raw score just about the same with maybe a small variation here or there. As for senior elite the same difficulty and technique rules apply. The confusion is how someone's raw score increased over another's so significantly.

ETA: The difficulty would only increase or decrease if someone added or subtracted something significant in the routine.

I'm not taking the win from stars nor do I think one team deserves it more than the other, just slightly confused by these raw scores....
I saw from someone I think is a coach at WC that yesterday the girl wearing the red jacket during the dance behind tumbling was distracting to the judges and that their tumbling my score went up today as a result( the girl did not wear the jacket).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's more of a generalized you. But even if you don't, your school likely does---though it's far more monitored in elementary school, middler schoolers and high schoolers have been known to get away with quite a bit. There have been iPads in every single classroom since my girl's were 3 years old in preschools ran by the school district.
I know what you mean. That's why I at least keep her away from it now (so she's not more proficient by the time she's in middle school at skirting the rules, ha ha. Fortunately her elementary doesn't do the iPad thing and I think their time on computers is limited, like music and P.E. (electives as I call them, "specials" as they call them). Dang I'm old.

Sorry got off topic a bit.

Back